Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Trust The Lotus?

BaIthazar

You guys defending Lotus are so boring...

Cmon, some backwater guy like Ryk got epic lines... what does Lotus have? Go fetch, now I extract you out of this mission cuz reasons, go do this because it's important for some reason.

Ryk? First time I heard his " I WILL FILL MY LUNGS WITH YOUR DEATH!" I truly felt the voice of a man who deeply enjoys his work. He would even go as far as incinerate you and then breath you in... Now that is a man worthy of respect. Lotus just makes my ears feel like someone is trying to scratch my ear drums with a spork.

Hek may not have the most glorious lines and he's a bit too chatty... almost as chatty as Vor but his laugh makes up for any short comings his vocabulary may present. And recently he almost made kids cry... almost. We didn't support him well enough sadly. If Eris was the only place left with relay... I'd nominate him for president right there and then. He would have made kids cry. What has Lotus accomplished? Well... aside from being aggravating distraction and being an angry radio talk show host that can't help but scream about torches, pitchforks and burning infidels in righteous shower of hot lead/plasma/lasers.

You're compairing a good guy with a bad guy.

and hating on the people who like the Lotus because you yourself don't like her.

This is my stance on the lotus as much as who we are to the system. Since WE are the the tenno, and looking around in region chat and the forums, we are severely demented people that only want to see the entire system burn to the ground.

lol, yeah, Region has some pretty messed up people

Gonna leave this here:

In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, well, it should be fought by another kind of evil.-Aereon, from The Chronicles of Rid$&*^

This is my stance on the lotus as much as who we are to the system. Since WE are the the tenno, and looking around in region chat and the forums, we are severely demented people that only want to see the entire system burn to the ground.

Did Rid$&*^ really get censored?

Why don't they just censor every instance of the name Richard? 

Back on topic: Burning just the entire system to the ground is pretty tame. 

The whole damn galaxy will be grovelling at my feet had I the opportunity and a hammer to destory Ordis. 

Edit: Wow. His new name is now Rid. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Did Rid$&*^ really get censored?

Why don't they just censor every instance of the name Richard? 

Back on topic: Burning just the entire system to the ground is pretty tame. 

The whole damn galaxy will be grovelling at my feet had I the opportunity and a hammer to destory Ordis. 

Edit: Wow. His new name is now Rid. 

chronicles of rid...got ya and thanks for figuring that out

i agree with you...ordis would be reduced to canister of cephalon powder if i had a hammer

chronicles of rid...got ya and thanks for figuring that out

i agree with you...ordis would be reduced to canister of cephalon powder if i had a hammer

One more reason to blame Lotus, not including mute button on space sperm ship is like giving a TV remote with no way to change channels or a car that can has breaking mechanism but the break pedal was not included because of reasons.

One more reason to blame Lotus, not including mute button on space sperm ship is like giving a TV remote with no way to change channels or a car that can has breaking mechanism but the break pedal was not included because of reasons.

you do know you can mute Ordis right?

Vor is the Original Excalibur,responsible for freeing the Tenno from the tyranny of the Orokin. 

Too bad he can't remember it (yet), and that Lotus is just an AI mimicking the real Lotus - which may or may not be long dead by now. 

Eventually we will have to face the truth and destroy the Lotus - because she is a fake - and follow our real leader and Savior, Excalibur Vor!

just this question, nothing more, nothing less.

no debates on her true motives or anything.

Do you trust her?

I personally have a bit of a stockholm relationship with her.

even if she turned out to be evil or at the very least, not as nice as she seems.

I will probably still like her because of the time we spend together (NO NOT LIKE THAT IF ONLY)

I also like her because she in an interesting character, mysterious, and yet you can't help but feel that faint motherly care.

she is one of those character many would have a problem with hating even if she turned out bad.

(Like Loki from the Marvel Universe, he's the bad guy and yet has a larger fanbase than his brother)

so... what do you think?

edit:

Also... she saved my life and gives me goodies

I haven't seen anything that would make me doubt her. The lack of Story / Lore really doesn't give her presence at all.

I trust Lotus as far as I would trust Stalker to just show up and challenge me to a friendly pillow fight. Some say we owe her for waking us up when we were about to be caught (at the start of the game) or for helping us when we are caught by Harvester. I'd prefer to see it as "I don't owe her crap because if she didn't wake us up, then DE would have to come up with a better intro to the game and a different setup for Harvester." I know those are outside of the "game lore and situation" but it is the truth.

For all we know, Lotus could be pulling a Bioshock Atlas on us. I'm just waiting for the "would you kindly" to occur so I can put a Hysteria claw through her skull. It doesn't help her with all the either flawed phrases (Reinforcements inbound) or the fact that she plays Captain Obvious (Yes, mention the ice in the area when I AM IN A TUNNEL OF ICE).  It also does not help when she keeps "helicoptering" over us about things all the time. If you send me off to kill an enemy, I don't need you showing up and telling me they know I am there if they set off the alarm, I can hear the alarm (I do understand if it is there for players who can't hear, but there is a better way to show it on screen).

As for a chunk of the playerbase wanting to see the "Galaxy burn"......yeah we really do. How many games actually have consequences for players actions or inactions that actually mean something. Sure the "relay" mission only went well for a number of folks, but the feeling of hearing what Hek had to say for each relay destroyed overpowered the feeling of "banding together and saving all the relays." Hek had different things to say for each relay being blown up. All lotus said was "the relay is safe and here is a picture showing the same Formorian blown up."

My take on the Lotus is that she is trustworthy in that she will not purposefully cause harm to us.

I do not trust her to help and respect us; I feel like a tool used by her, Suda, anyone who is put in command of me.

It's not uncommon. We are practically mercenaries and that is how mercenaries are treated.

At the very least, Lotus values our aptitude and given us acceptance where we were lost. Should her niceties be an illusion, it is a very pleasant one.

I imagine her attitude has changed over the millenia. She gave herself purpose and is using that purpose to use us, for some reason.

Maybe it is for rebirth. Maybe she commanded the revolution of the Orokin, but her command and guidance was faltering and we destroyed them.

She locked us, and herself in cryogenics to wait out the millenia; releasing herself, wiping our memories, to build anew. Emphasizing honor. Emphasizing reclamation and killing, but never extinction. Balance. Order. Not heartache and anger.

She's damaged, like us all.

You get treated that way because you want to. I still don't understand where all of this wannabe mercenary-ism came from, but that is not who and what we are supposed to be. Ive yet to see on any official DE video any Tenno stick their hand out for payment after rescuing their own kind

But by all means, continue squabbling for the pocket lint from the Corpus/Grineer/Syndicate pocket. I will not be there with you

Edited by Kartumterek

I trust Lotus as far as I would trust Stalker to just show up and challenge me to a friendly pillow fight. Some say we owe her for waking us up when we were about to be caught (at the start of the game) or for helping us when we are caught by Harvester. I'd prefer to see it as "I don't owe her crap because if she didn't wake us up, then DE would have to come up with a better intro to the game and a different setup for Harvester." I know those are outside of the "game lore and situation" but it is the truth.

For all we know, Lotus could be pulling a Bioshock Atlas on us. I'm just waiting for the "would you kindly" to occur so I can put a Hysteria claw through her skull. It doesn't help her with all the either flawed phrases (Reinforcements inbound) or the fact that she plays Captain Obvious (Yes, mention the ice in the area when I AM IN A TUNNEL OF ICE).  It also does not help when she keeps "helicoptering" over us about things all the time. If you send me off to kill an enemy, I don't need you showing up and telling me they know I am there if they set off the alarm, I can hear the alarm (I do understand if it is there for players who can't hear, but there is a better way to show it on screen).

As for a chunk of the playerbase wanting to see the "Galaxy burn"......yeah we really do. How many games actually have consequences for players actions or inactions that actually mean something. Sure the "relay" mission only went well for a number of folks, but the feeling of hearing what Hek had to say for each relay destroyed overpowered the feeling of "banding together and saving all the relays." Hek had different things to say for each relay being blown up. All lotus said was "the relay is safe and here is a picture showing the same Formorian blown up."

This man sees the truth. "Bad guys" are so much more colorful, even salad with his space diva complex is more entertaining. And his pet isn't a useless sack of fur and fleas our "dog" with invisibility on manages to get half the map shooting at it and dying along with the owner because it's so specuuuuuual. I'd join corpus if I could have a pet like that... mhmmm...

Edited by HiSaZuL

You get treated that way because you want to. I still don't understand where all of this wannabe mercenary-ism came from, but that is not who and what we are supposed to be. Ive yet to see on any official DE video any Tenno stick their hand out for payment after rescuing their own kind

But by all means, continue squabbling for the pocket lint from the Corpus/Grineer/Syndicate pocket. I will not be there with you

lol so you do missions because Lotus tells you to? Not because of the credits/mods/prime parts? I guess you also never do invasion missions.

3.) Lotus gathers and organizes the Tenno, but giving people a purpose doesn't in itself make you benevolent. What we must consider is the WHY of things....  and we don't know WHY Lotus does anything, because she won't tell us.  It should be slightly worrying that the "bad guys" in this universe are more straightforward about their objectives than our leaders.

Well, you never asked... duh.

That being said, when DE promises us a 2015 of "quality and lore", I hope they will actually deliver some of that lore.

At one time, I was told that "the lore is already there, all the items have backgrounds, you just cant see it." which was probably the lamest statement on that topic ever.