Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Trust The Lotus?

BaIthazar

just this question, nothing more, nothing less.

no debates on her true motives or anything.

Do you trust her?

I personally have a bit of a stockholm relationship with her.

even if she turned out to be evil or at the very least, not as nice as she seems.

I will probably still like her because of the time we spend together (NO NOT LIKE THAT IF ONLY)

I also like her because she in an interesting character, mysterious, and yet you can't help but feel that faint motherly care.

she is one of those character many would have a problem with hating even if she turned out bad.

(Like Loki from the Marvel Universe, he's the bad guy and yet has a larger fanbase than his brother)

so... what do you think?

edit:

Also... she saved my life and gives me goodies

Edited by BaIthazar

She could have left us to sleep forever. Or not directed us to rescue you before Alad V cut you up and sold you in his auction house

Even if our paths cross down the line... you owe her your life and your respect. She has earned the use of an Ether Sword if and when the time comes

No.  We don't know where Lotus is, what it is, its history, its ultimate goals, or how it defines its morality.  I will serve because Lotus seems to be the least antagonistic entity in the galaxy toward my kind, but it is impossible to trust when the flow of information between us is entirely one-directional.

No.  We don't know where Lotus is, what it is, its history, its ultimate goals, or how it defines its morality.  I will serve because Lotus seems to be the least antagonistic entity in the galaxy toward my kind, but it is impossible to trust when the flow of information between us is entirely one-directional.

Opinion on the matter aside (to each their own), I can't help but find referring to her (A.I. or not) as an it to be very rude and impolite.

wether she is an A.I. or not, she still looks and sounds like a woman and is referred to in game as a woman.

back to the issue at hand.

an interesting way of looking at it, not on your side of this tall fence, but I can understand why people might think this

Well I haven't.

This topic has existed in two instances in the last week, probably ten in the last month, and hundreds in the last three months. 

On to the point, no, I do not trust the Lotus. I mean, it doesn't even seem like she cares about US most of the time. She seems to care more that we're a thing that she can use than a thing with feelings that she's bossing around. We seem to be more like her toy than a comrade. Therefore, I don't trust her. 

She saved my life. The least I can do is lay it down for hers.

That's not true. She woke you up and then YOU saved your life. 

Lotus is our purpose. Without her instructions tenno wouldn't survive, or even if they would- they'd be extremely ineffective and weak.

Yes, Lotus is the embodiment of tennos' purpose.

Similarly, the same thing can be said about serious love relationship between a man and a woman, but in this case the connection is mostly pure and platonic, akin to relationship between mother & children. She is a part of every tenno.

Without Lotus tenno have no purpose. Meaningless, undirected, non-cooperative weapons of destruction which are caught off one by one by factions as technological artifacts, unable to keep balance between themselves, much less in solar system.

She's not your "friend", she's much more than that. And much more than your would-be girlfriend or mother. It's beyond all of that. She's a part of your existence. If it weren't for her, as mentioned before, you wouldn't learn how to use weapons, you wouldn't know anything about your warframe, you wouldn't have any sort of ship and would be instantly captured by grineer as soon as you got out of your cryopod. She gives purpose and freedom in exchange for nothing. I don't remember when she ever said that you aren't able to 'try' leave your life as a tenno and try to live among humans. But you were designed to wage war, to maintain the balance. That's exactly what Lotus is there for. To help her "children" in a fight against the leverage of weights of power between various factions.

So in light of it all, the question "do you trust lotus?" sounds very inappropriate for me.

Edited by JackVernian