The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor

ZechsX18999

So pretty much 75% of the players I play with (myself included) have a Synoid Gammacor equipped. 

My favorite secondaries before the Synoid Gammacor came out were the Akmagnus and Despair. Now I feel gimped if I use any secondary other than the Synoid Gammacor. I'm sure many others feel this way as well, which would explain why 75% of players I see use it.

I like the Synoid Gammacor, but I just think it's not healthy for diversity. There's no reason to use any other secondary atm.

What do you think?

Edited by ZechsX18999

So pretty much 75% of the players I play with (myself included) have a Synoid Gammacor equipped. 

My favorite secondaries before the Synoid Gammacor came out were the Akmagnus and Despair. Now I feel gimped if I use any secondary other than the Synoid Gammacor. I'm sure many others feel this way as well, which would explain why 75% of players I see use it.

I like the Synoid Gammacor, but I just think it's not healthy for diversity. There's no reason to use any other secondary atm.

What do you think?

Players can use what they want to use. Nothing's stopping them. 

I love my synoid gammacor along with my 30-40 other secondaries. Detron will still be my favorite even if synoid is currently the best out there it all depends on a players preference heck i'll even 5 forma my sexy aklatos cause I like using them. If another secondary will be released that will be better than synoid then I'll be all for it the its like a constant evolutionary change. DESPAIR STARTED IT BUT ACRID WAS KING THEN IT WAS SLAYED BY BRAKK AND BRAKK WAS DEFEATED BY DETRON WHICH GAVE WAY TO MARELOK WHO WAS THEN CONQUERED BY SYNOID WHICH IS CURRENTLY THE AT THE TOP.

edit: also embolist before nerf deserves credit and also stug, nukor tysis and akbronco prime, lex prime, aklex, akmagnus, akvasto, hikou prime, telos akboltos, dual cestra among others

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

I run Synoid on T4D and at wave 40 extraction, I still have 375 (the max) ammo reserve without needing to use ammo plates. Says a lot.

I agree that Synoid is the top tier weapon currently given it's damage potential and extremely high ammo conservation capabilities. Even the Vaykor doesn't compare to it all round (though it does win in terms of extremely high burst damage capability).

Does it need a nerf? I can't really say. It already got a nerf in terms of energy regen when you compare it to other Syndicate weapons (mainly vs Vaykor). Not that I'd disagree with any nerf that comes onto Synoid. But if Suda weaponry are gonna be THAT ammo efficient and have a good damage value to boot, then it does mean that DE needs to do a quick pass again.

Edited by matrixEXO

I hardly ever even use secondaries nowadays... The only time I use secondaries is when I'm forced to, like with a power core, or maybe using the vaykor marelok to get health back. My primary almost never run out of ammo, with ammo mutation and all...

If people want to run with the synoid gammacor, hey it's their choice. Maybe they like melting enemies to oblivion.

IMHO the syndicate explosion is just too strong. I just got some syndicate augmented mods and they blow everything away so easly the game becomes too easy.

I mean, I was leveling a Unranked Skana, no other weapons equipped with an affinity booster on Phanteon (Exterminate 7-8, Mercury), and the thing used the explosion like five times with a little over 80 enemies.

Nerfing the Synoid Gammacor will only &!$$ off Suda supporters and cause the meta to shift back to what it was before (everyone using the same 1-2 secondaries).

I say tough luck to that. They nerfed the Brakk which upset players who supported the Grineer during the Gradivus Dilemma.

Edited by Tymerc

Some similar form of commentary has been given to every top tier weapon.

Players cite that the weapon should be nerfed because they see XYZ% of players using it.

The same obligatory arguments and questions always get asked in those threads and some have been brought up here already.

Let me fill in the ones that aren't added yet:

They should raise other weapons up to [insert weapon name here]'s level.

Why nerf the weapon when it's a co-op game?

[insert weapon name here] needs a nerf.

[insert weapon name here] doesn't need a nerf.

[insert weapon name here] is awesome low level but has significant drawbacks higher level.

The question really isn't whether the weapon is top tier or heavily used...

It's whether the weapon trivializes gameplay.

If it trivializes gameplay, it probably needs adjustment.

If it doesn't, then it probably doesn't need adjustment.

For my part, I'd rather see them tune the damage on the regular Gammacor upwards a bit as it needs it.

With the current trend on mobs having access to more insta-gib abilities, I turn away no weapon that will help keep me from becoming insta-gibbed at this point.

Synoid Gammacor is just a FOTM weapon.

Edited by Padre_Akais

The question really isn't whether the weapon is top tier or heavily used...

It's whether the weapon trivializes gameplay.

If it trivializes gameplay, it probably needs adjustment.

If it doesn't, then it probably doesn't need adjustment.

For the most parts, I find that Forma trivialises gameplay, especially when coupled with Reactors or Catalysts. That's why I never forma-ed any of my weapons or frames. Tempted to, but never ever did. But DE never nerfed or removed Forma. They kept it.

Edited by matrixEXO

For the most parts, I find that Forma trivialises gameplay, especially when coupled with Reactors or Catalysts. That's why I never forma-ed any of my weapons or frames. Tempted to, but never ever did. But DE never nerfed or removed Forma. They kept it.

Comedy gold, this one. Saved.

Anyway, no. I think other weapons should be buffed to compensate. Or, maybe, if the same kind of buff causes the same kind of issues, why not fix the gameplay? Because pressing 4 at Draco has kinda gotten boring lately.

I can't use a synoid gammacor...  The limited range makes me feel limited.  It's also a streaming laser.  I usually run Marelok or Brakk.

If the limited range makes you feel limited, why are you using Brakk?

Edited by Cancer_Cowboy

I love seeing this topic every time a weapon is good (and it always seems to be secondaries). The short answer is there are plenty of good secondaries before this new one and you can use any and all of those. Just because your not using the "best of the best" doesn't mean there's no other options. Get better and use a weapon you like, and get over it. Just because you feel inadequate doesn't mean everyone else does or has to, its a game and a co-op one at that, play as you like.

I love to see every player with the same weapon its so good to see when the devs shoot themselves in the foot by making these kind of weapons, i mean if they want a bored playerbase that wont play after some months its the perfect thing to do.