Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibilities Involving What's Underneath That Frame(With Picture Using Scale :d)

GunDownGrace

Some folks here don't know what "clone" means.

Clones are genetically identical. That's it. What this does for you is make identical individuals which will share certain traits. Need more people with genetic analgesia? Clone them.

An implication of cloning is mass production of people for cannon fodder. If you can raise them by mechanical means, then there's no limit on your potential pool of (in this case) soldiers. You have a time factor, but the war was long and the Orokin were masters of genetic manipulation, so accelerated growth is a distinct probability.

Now the Grineer. They have issue with a deteriorating genetic code. Most likely it's a side effect of their cloning process (reasons why aren't particularly important). The Orokin probably didn't care about this since they were producing cannon fodder and would have dealt with it after the war, but for them there was no after once the tenno returned (yes, that makes us responsible for the grineer on some level).

As for Dark Sector...it's only roughly related to Warframe. It's a spiritual prequel with some interesting implications. The origin of the technocyte virus is murky. Hayden Tenno is a spiritual progenitor to the tenno, but he's not a tenno. At best, it was a very long time before Warframe and attempts to put it in a timeless are messy. I still think it should be considered ancient history by Warframe standards and maybe a source of ideas for the Orokin when they were desperately looking for some means of combatting the Sentients.

Maybe the tenno fleshes are half-zombie like yea

I noticed some of the enemies doesn't look like they have a proper human-nature like behavior. Eg. The darkh master. If you look at the codex, their behavior seems more like infested. One or two of the Corpus units also share the same features (I forgot which ones)

So I'd say the grineer and corpus are always looking for ways for their clones to be able to reach the state of Tenno-like, however many failed, or half succeed. That's why there comes the darkh master, which can summon animals out of nowhere, in return, they lost some of the proper behavior of human-being.

Some folks here don't know what "clone" means.

Clones are genetically identical. That's it. What this does for you is make identical individuals which will share certain traits. Need more people with genetic analgesia? Clone them.

An implication of cloning is mass production of people for cannon fodder. If you can raise them by mechanical means, then there's no limit on your potential pool of (in this case) soldiers. You have a time factor, but the war was long and the Orokin were masters of genetic manipulation, so accelerated growth is a distinct probability.

I think we all know what clones are, I also think its highly unlikely the Tenno are clones.

1. DE have gone on record saying they don't wan't to define what a player's Tenno looks like, It's up to the player (Hence genetically identical clones are out)

2. Technocyte infection "Double monsters" The Tenno which is bad storytelling (Like a Vampire Wearwolf... tacky). Also we have no reason to assume that infection is a requirement for Tenno. Hence there are no traits the Orokin needed to clone for.

3. The Orokin were masters of generic manipulation but amateurs in the ways of void-taint in living beings.It was "the hellspace where our science and reason failed" hence I very much doubt that they could clone void taint.

4. The Mag prime codex portrays the Tenno as rare and hidden.

That IMHO is a _lot_ that points away from clones and nothing that points towards clones.

Edited by SilentMobius

We already know what's on the far end of the scale.

Void Vor. Just some corpse bits held together by void energy. Extremely powerful, but essentially mindless and bound forever to the void.

The tenno are the best of both worlds. Going all one way or the other turns us into monsters, and we've picked the more powerful of two middle grounds.

no..look at the far end of my scale again

the far end of it involves something that is entirely alien and unknown to the physical plain..

vor is something that was turned from physical plain into void energy

the far end of my scale is void energy that for no discernible reason spills forth into the physical plain,turning into some kind of creature

the key part of this is vor started in the physical plain...something on the far right end of my scale Cannot have started in the physical plain at all

All clones are still individuals. They have different life experiences. They just all start at the same point, and if that point is you producing soldiers in job lots, well, then what comes after is largely immaterial. You'll choose for desirable traits, clone that particular example, then produce that soldier in the numbers needed.

DE can say what it wants about individual identity of characters, but the fact is when you blow into a relay and there's a dozen Saryns standing around looking at you, then that has to be accounted for in the game. They've also said that don't like breaching the fourth wall, so this must be taken into account.

The warframe themselves are all the same. The pilot of the warframe is presumably the same genetically, but has different experiences and preferences, but she's still Saryn. One might prefer miasma spam, another likes her venom, but she's still Saryn overall. Saryn is also very possibly controlled by another being altogether, the tenno, which is where the power comes from and which is where it gets messy and we still don't know very much.

There's just so much in the game that clone theory does explain and explain well from what we know now.

DE can say what it wants about individual identity of characters, but the fact is when you blow into a relay and there's a dozen Saryns standing around looking at you, then that has to be accounted for in the game. They've also said that don't like breaching the fourth wall, so this must be taken into account.

The warframe themselves are all the same. The pilot of the warframe is presumably the same genetically, 

This doesn't need to follow at all.

We have _many_ options as to why the pilot physiognomy doesn't need to match the Warframe physiognomy at that point it's simple to say that the 100's of Saryn warframes are just that, Warframes, they say nothing about the pilots.

There is no reason to assume Tenno are clones simply because Warframe suit lines have the same shape. Warframe != Tenno. 

I disagree with your assertion that tenno-as-clones solves any lore holes were are currently concerned about, it's simply unnecessary.

Edited by SilentMobius

Infested =/=Technocyte. Infested are biological in nature, Technocyte is mechanical.

I'm afraid this is not accurate at all from the description of nano spores:

Fibrous technocyte tumor. Handle Infested tissue with caution.

The infestation is a strain of the Technocyte virus, previous to Alad V's meddling in the Mutalist story arc it couldn't consume metals and inorganic materials, after this point it was able to.

We can speculate that the Technocyte virus that the Orokin knew of was also capable of consuming metals but they engineered a specific version for the Old War that could not consume metals and technology only organics, that became the Infestation. (Perhaps part-mechano-electrical, infestation risked falling under Sentient control)

Tenno are all already pure void energy and they just possess the frames built for them.

This is also why the limbo helmet doesn't satisfy. Bleed proc's on pure energy beings wouldn't make too much sense. And if you get cut in half by say, Stalker your guts are there to be seen. Plus [DE]Steve's comments that there is a person wearing the suit. Ultimately I am very curies what the final answer will be, but it will disappoint me if there is a hidden harem of Tenno on that Liset, or its Orbiter.

I think we all know what clones are, I also think its highly unlikely the Tenno are clones.

1. DE have gone on record saying they don't wan't to define what a player's Tenno looks like, It's up to the player (Hence genetically identical clones are out)

2. Technocyte infection "Double monsters" The Tenno which is bad storytelling (Like a Vampire Wearwolf... tacky). Also we have no reason to assume that infection is a requirement for Tenno. Hence there are no traits the Orokin needed to clone for.

3. The Orokin were masters of generic manipulation but amateurs in the ways of void-taint in living beings.It was "the hellspace where our science and reason failed" hence I very much doubt that they could clone void taint.

4. The Mag prime codex portrays the Tenno as rare and hidden.

That IMHO is a _lot_ that points away from clones and nothing that points towards clones.

if you wiki what the technocyte is.. it turns organic tissue into living metal. 

the technocyte is presumably from the void, discovered by pre orokin era scientists, and thus having someone exposed to technocyte and the void doesnt seem far fetched to me

look at the void, its filled with void vines. perhaps the infestation is some sort of virus that that started there... i mean.. if you look at what the infested does to ships and environs it very much resembles the stuff you see in the void both in mission and from the liset

at the end of dark sector hayden is heading into the vault, which i would assume is some sort of void space 

being extrememly far apart in time, and in the same universe... is still the same universe. 

what points away from clones to me is giving the tenno any sort of personality

if we were just clones, we would all be clones of hayden.. they had nemesis and the protocalibur.. safe to say those are warframes.. and then there is the chick and the doctor.. the chick wearing nemesis and the doctor who you fight at the end.. if they were able to withstand it they could have used them as well

edit: though we know that the current time frame is long after the orokin era, we have no indication of how long before the orokin era the game dark sector took place. a few hundred years? or a few thousand?

adding in: is it logical to assume congenetal analgesia is the only way to survive technocyte infestation or could there be other genetic predispositions that allow for such symbiotic relationships? wondering how youd feel on that

All clones are still individuals. They have different life experiences. They just all start at the same point, and if that point is you producing soldiers in job lots, well, then what comes after is largely immaterial. You'll choose for desirable traits, clone that particular example, then produce that soldier in the numbers needed.

The warframe themselves are all the same. The pilot of the warframe is presumably the same genetically, but has different experiences and preferences, but she's still Saryn. One might prefer miasma spam, another likes her venom, but she's still Saryn overall. Saryn is also very possibly controlled by another being altogether, the tenno, which is where the power comes from and which is where it gets messy and we still don't know very much.

There's just so much in the game that clone theory does explain and explain well from what we know now.

there would be no point to ember's codex and the rest of the children on the zariman. why give them a personality and some individuality if theyre just going to be cloned. 

i dont think our revenge boils down to 'clones are people too'.

it would make more sense if they were abducting the children from the lowest class. clones can be kept in secret. when one disappears one is there to replace it. if they were stealing the children from the lowest class (cuz they arent sending their own), the disappearances and resulting emotional torment  would feel like better motive to slay the orokin hierarchy. clones can be engineered to be as obediant as any animal. we would be less likely to rebell than the steel meridian with the grineers horrible cloning practices. if the cloning technology was good enough to replicate sensitive cases like that of hayden... i think theyd be able to determine how easy to condition youd be. 

also,

why is the lotus so worried about us if we are just clones. its not because we are the only ones who can kill badguys. they kill eachother and we use their weapons. why are we so special? Also.. whos to say lotus couldnt just create more tenno... I mean.. We go into the void all the time. Its obviously not just being in the void that messes you up... otherwise the corrupted in the void would also have powers or be mutated.

If void = tenno then baro'ki is the richest tenno.

btw we make the warframes from blueprints... blueprints for mass reproduction.. which we can readily purchase... our market needs lore now.

Infested =/=Technocyte. Infested are biological in nature, Technocyte is mechanical.

Infested definitely means technocyte. 

Technocyte is living metal. Also if we werent infested how do we justify communication with the infested hive mind? 

there are numerous phrases in the game that imply some degree of infection. 

Edited by T4LCOMX

if you wiki what the technocyte is.. it turns organic tissue into living metal. 

I know what the technocyte material from Dark Sector is, I've played the game through. However you are mistaken: The Dark Sector era technocyte virus _coated_ the skin in a metallic crust, there was never any indication that the whole being was converted. Also remember that we have no idea how the dark sector era technocyte virus relates to the virus of the far far future.

the technocyte is presumably from the void, discovered by pre orokin era scientists, and thus having someone exposed to technocyte and the void doesnt seem far fetched to me look at the void, its filled with void vines. perhaps the infestation is some sort of virus that that started there

Again, you are mistaken. Firstly the derelict ship are explicitly _not_ in the void. Ships and towers in the void are completely free of infestation only those that _didn't_ make it to the void (The "Derelicts") Show signs of the infestation. Secondly if you actually look at the Orokin Derelict ships you will see that non of the tech is actually infested it's _all_ the white organic-tree-like material that has been infected and thus broken the ship due to growth. Compare the derelicts to the recent Corpus infested ships, _those_ were infected after Alad V had modified the infestation to be able to consume inorganics (like metals). You can see the metal has been warped and partially consumed.

We have _zero_ evidence that the technocyte virus comes from the void.

adding in: is it logical to assume congenetal analgesia is the only way to survive technocyte infestation or could there be other genetic predispositions that allow for such symbiotic relationships? wondering how youd feel on that

The whole "congenetal analgesia" thing was a plot hook for dark sector to give Hayden a reason to be able to resist the hivemind effect of the virus, I don't expect any of that to apply in Warframe, it simply isn't needed, plotwise.

Technocyte is living metal.

The technocyte virus is an organic virus that can _convert_ organic matter into a living metal. The living metal is not all it is, it's just a thing it can make and integrate with the body.

Devstream 10, DE Steve:

Warframe takes place waaay beyond that timeframe. Ridiculously after, If you can imagine something like that, something that integrates itself with the body or could be re-purposed as technology this idea of metal that is also alive and changeable and so on, and the way it channels energy, this is deja vu, but we talked about, when we talked about a sequel ages ago we were talking about taking a big leap forward in time and saying "what were the societal repercussions of this idea

I mean... that sounds just like forma to me.

Edited by SilentMobius

Mutalist quanta and new j3

I didn't say that the virus transforms the entire entity just that it transforms organic tissue to living metal

I thought the derelict ships in the void lost to the infestation

Because I thought all towers were in the void

They are towers right I mean the tile set is virtually the same

Mutalist quanta and new j3

I didn't say that the virus transforms the entire entity just that it transforms organic tissue to living metal

Mutalist Quanta and the J3 are set _after_ Alad V modified the Infestation to be capable of absorbing metal, here is the blurb for operation Breeding grounds:

Alad V has developed a way to direct the spread of the Infestation. Using these newly engineered "hive" organisms, the Infestation is able to corrupt a new ship or colony almost instantly. There are also disturbing reports coming in that the virus has evolved. It is now capable of absorbing and corrupting non-organic beings. Not even the robotic soldiers of the Corpus are safe now. The only way to stop the spread is to destroy these hives.

Previous to this the Infestation didn't convert flesh to metal and couldn't absorb metal at all. The body types for Infested are:Infested, Infested Flesh, Fossilized and Sinew. None of them are "metal".

I thought the derelict ships in the void lost to the infestation. Because I thought all towers were in the void. They are towers right I mean the tile set is virtually the same

Look out the windows, or out of the hole during extraction: on the "void" (The hint is in the name) Missions the skybox is the odd inverse space that we see in the void and on the "derelict" missions It is the normal space skybox. That's why you don't need void keys to get into the derelicts, just keys made from real-space coordinates. Also look at the text for when the derelict vaults were released:

As infestation spread across the Solar System, Orokin Ships unable to make the jump to the Void locked down Vault rooms to preserve the valuable artifacts within. A number of these Orokin Vaults have been located in the Orokin Derelicts.

Finally the text for the planet "Eris" said:

The Infested are spreading throughout the Orokin derelicts in this region.
Edited by SilentMobius