The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Warframes With Both Male And Female Option And Armor That Boost You On The Field

WMW-sixty

I think that all warframes should both a male and female ask guy like playing with male warfames and would fell better if the had that option and i am sure that females will love of choice with play only females warframes and a next point mabe we can have battle armor that helps u on the field and not just there for good looks . 

The idea of having female/male options for all warframe has been considered and scraped a long time ago by DE itself. (Nyx was supposed to be Excalibur's female version).

Battle armor as you said reminds me of arcane helmets. They have been retired by the because they gave bonuses while they were just supposed to be cosmetics.

They tested having alternate gender options in early closed beta with Excalibur and Nyx with nyx being female Excalibur before they scraped the idea and reworked "female Excalibur" into Nyx. Similar themed alternate genders are being considered by DE, e.g. a male frame with fire themed powers but won't be a straight copy of ember.

Also having armour given is a bad idea as it creates the same problem people had when stat helms, people would be forced to choose an appearance that looked ugly to them just because it gave a better bonus so its better they are just cosmetic and people can choose what they want to put on their frames.

Elaborate on what you mean by "battle armor". We already have "war frames" if that's what you mean.

I'm taking it as he means the cosmetic armour we currently have, like the Edo and Eos armours. 

Edited by NovusNova

Gender swapping ahs been already debunked by DE, several times. They spoke about us probably having a opposite gender warframe of the same theme, but not one with the same abilities.

And about the Battle Armor, we had helmets with stats, that are not longer obtainable unless traded. That was DE's way of saying "cosmetics stay cosmetic".

[size=2]Edit: Tenno'd 4 times.[/size]

Edited by xlraistlx

I think that all warframes should both a male and female ask guy like playing with male warfames and would fell better if the had that option and i am sure that females will love of choice with play only females warframes 

DE has said no to this for quite a while now.

Originally Nyx was supposed to be a female Excalibur (look at how similar they are) but they changed it into a unique character because it fit their vision more to have different frames with different identities and abilities.

The closest the DE wants to get to this is frames with similar themes but different abilities.

An example was that a male Ember would be called Blaze and have completely different abilities.

a next point mabe we can have battle armor that helps u on the field and not just there for good looks . 

Problem with this is that it then stops being a choice and a cosmetic.

Why equip the Targis Prime armor when it provides no benefit compared to one that increases shields?  It doesn't matter how crappy the new armor looks, you're only gimping yourself by not using it.

It would completely kill any cosmetic choice in that department and literally everyone would be wearing the same armor because it would be the best one.

It was the same problem with the arcane helmets and why they removed them.

Take for example the 2 Vauban helms.

The Esprit helmet provides +10% energy, -10% shields.

The Gambit helmet provides +10% stamina, -10% power duration.

It doesn't matter how much better looking the Gambit helmet is, you are pretty much forced to equip the Esprit because it is objectively better in every single build for Vauban.

Putting stats to cosmetic items only serves to reduce choice and uniqueness and has no benefit.

I don't understand DE on stat helmets.

When you buy/craft a sentinel, you get a sentinel AND a sentinel weapon ... but you can mix up which sentinels use which sentinel weapons.

Why not do the same for arcane helmets? You get an arcane helm, it unlocks an optional stat change for use with any helm.

They could add a field for moustaches, why not one for stat changes?

Edited by DaftMeat

I don't understand DE on stat helmets.

When you buy/craft a sentinel, you get a sentinel AND a sentinel weapon ... but you can mix up which sentinels use which sentinel weapons.

Why not do the same for arcane helmets? You get an arcane helm, it unlocks an optional stat change for use with any helm.

They could add a field for moustaches, why not one for stat changes?

Because they "removed" statted helmets and will not be changing their mechanics anymore, basically. It's their way of saying it was a bad idea.

I initially was going to agree on the "Armor should be more than just cosmetic thing," but changed my mind as I read people's responses.

Armor can only be obtained using plat.  Using plat to boost your stats is the slippery slope of "pay-to-win."

On top of that, it would massively reduce customization as everyone would choose the armor set that best suits their playstyle rather than mixing up sets to look unique.

• 4 weeks later...

I initially was going to agree on the "Armor should be more than just cosmetic thing," but changed my mind as I read people's responses.

Armor can only be obtained using plat.  Using plat to boost your stats is the slippery slope of "pay-to-win."

On top of that, it would massively reduce customization as everyone would choose the armor set that best suits their playstyle rather than mixing up sets to look unique.

I believe with the coming raids DE are bringing in the concept of "branding" a cosmetic item with stats. I would like to see this system used to bring back the arcane helmet stat bonuses, as by using this system it would allow you to use any helmet/cosmetic with the stat bonus you prefer to use. A piece of armour should not directly give the stat ala the old arcane helmets. The new branding system however allows for a greater amount of choice and customisation.

Yeah, I'll be honest, I only responded to this for the armour customisation part. I don't feel the need to have different gender warframes. 

The original post was very stream of consciousness...not sure if OP knows about the raid branding on helmets or not.

There should be a male and female option for those who want choose that option

No matter how many times you or anyone else says there should be an option, DE have already put their foot down and said no they are not going to do this, they haven't changed their mind since early closed beta almost 3 years ago, I highly doubt there going to suddenly do it because some people start asking.