The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Possible Exploit] Viver, Or Pre-Intercept Fix Exploit Possible On Excavations

(PSN)MoRockaPDX

So far I haven't brought a hyper build team like a Excal/Trin RJ+Vamp combo to excavation but I was thinking, while murdering the old fashioned way, all these trash mobs never stop coming. If I brought a min/max team to an excavation I could murder mobs all day.

Let me exain. In excavation you power a scanner and the. Activate discovered excavators and power them while protecting them until they expire and reward. However after on or two you technically have completed the mission and can extract.

Here is the problem; at this point you can just ignore the scanner and kill an endless ocean of mobs. And I've seen some truly huge mobs come out of these missions.

Does excavation ever stop spawning mobs?

Now here where you say, "hey stupid, that's no different than survive or even defense." And you know what? Your right. Except that there is no pod to protect and no air to run out of. Just you and an infinity of mobs to wreck.

its an endless mission type and there is no exploit,  what you failed to realize even if you power one excavator and the scanner picks up another location the enemies will leave and go to the newly scanned dig site which you will either have to power your excavator or go chase the enemies down. 

I play Triton a lot when I want to rep farm solo so I know what takes place when you do what you described.

the best way to get max points is go for 3000 excavation points which is around 10 - 15 digs and roughly 20k rep points

Edited by ranks21

Ya, been using excavations on earth to do my rep farming solo cause I hate stupid max power strength full spammage excals yelling at me when they have no energy due to them radial javelin spamming as quick as they can even when no enemies are there for me to vamp. IF YOU'VE GOT ONLY ONE CAST, WAIT FOR THE DAMN VAMP!

Edit: Mod respawn delay is zero on excavations. May seem like an exploit but that's what the daily cap on rep gain is there for.  The rep gain on excavations solo usually averages to between 1k-2k a minute. Not much of an exploit imho.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

hmmm... i have never noticed this...

don't the enemies get slowly tougher over time though? meaning that the longer you stick around the more insane trying to stay alive becomes?

either way i'd imagine if this becomes a problem DE will have this fixed almost immeadiately

Enemy difficulty is almost irrelevant to a min/max spam fest.

Do you want to nuke every Excavation node to oblivion?

That's what they did to Viver.

Possibly, yes.

its an endless mission type and there is no exploit,  what you failed to realize even if you power one excavator and the scanner picks up another location the enemies will leave and go to the newly scanned dig site which you will either have to power your excavator or go chase the enemies down. 

I play Triton a lot when I want to rep farm solo so I know what takes place when you do what you described.

Doesn't seem like a huge hurdle. Maybe, relocating could be a problem. Still lots of mobs to murder.

Ya, been using excavations on earth to do my rep farming solo cuz I hate stupid max power strength full spammage excals yelling at me when they have no energy due to them radial javelin spamming as quick as they can even when no enemies are there for me to vamp...

Mod respawn delay is zero.

Yeah, kind of why I went to them. Originally I went to the Earth Excavation to help noobs, but I realized that I was having fun merc'n mad mobs. 

The solution would be to have mobs taper off when scanner is de-powered, yes?

excavation is similar to survival. the enemy lvl increases over time.

Just start an excavation mission,check the enemy lvl,dont do anything, come back 1 or 2 hours later and check the enemy lvl again.

The enemy lvl doesnt increase with completed excavators.

excavation is similar to survival. the enemy lvl increases over time.

Just start an excavation mission,check the enemy lvl,dont do anything, come back 1 or 2 hours later and check the enemy lvl again.

The enemy lvl doesnt increase with completed excavators.

So it increases over time? I haven't payed enough attention to see the levels on the mobs. I sure know the mobs get big and the number of Corpus Techs, MOA's and Shield Ospreys gets to be ridiculous.

Spawns Slow to a large extent once an excavator is no longer active. In order to keep them coming you must have an excavator up at all times. 

Unfortunately so long as reputation gain is tied to affinity all infinite modes of play will be "exploit like" due to the amount of mobs and the ease of acquiring reputation much faster than any finite game modes. There is no real reason to claim it is an exploit at all though as the missions are working as designed.

Spawns Slow to a large extent once an excavator is no longer active. In order to keep them coming you must have an excavator up at all times. 

Unfortunately so long as reputation gain is tied to affinity all infinite modes of play will be "exploit like" due to the amount of mobs and the ease of acquiring reputation much faster than any finite game modes. There is no real reason to claim it is an exploit at all though as the missions are working as designed.

Not been my experience so far. On earth and Venus, at least, you can stop feeding the scanner and the mobs keep coming. 

I recommend that endless mobs be put in a challenge mode, with different goals and rewards. Possibly, not have them tied to affinity, rep, or typical drops. But instead, kill, or time goals with set rewards.

I tested this yesterday with Tikal. They stop spawning or at least spawn very little once all the extractors are gone. It wasn't only until we activated an extractor that a surge came. Either way, it still scales and it isn't game breaking.

Erhm, I got my post wrong, the respawn delay is set to zero while an excavator is running, otherwise it will just be normal groups respawn with a delay and with no excavator around, they will often run off in some undetermined pattern.

Hmm... Gonna have to test this myself. Thanks, though.

I finally got home to test the mission again, on Earth, Cambria. Letting the scanner die and all excavators die does, eventually slow spawn rate to a near crawl. Also, enemy difficulty advances very slowly. At best one can possibly control the tempo of the spawns by only letting a few excavators pop up at a time, this way the mobs can spawn in and the difficulty will be higher (better xp) without overwhelming the party.

Venus, still needs to be tested, as that is where I felt there was an infinite mob spawn scenario happening.