Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Notice Something Interesting With This Picture?

RainDreamer

"Hey, look! Limbo has a thin waist and no crotch bulge, so that means he was female once!"

Has anyone here ever looked at the red veil female member closely? The exact same thing is there on her: the small lump. It already existed before Maroo was a thing, and was already a part of the female jumpsuit model.

rpSSg8j.jpg

Now, we could leap through an enormous boundry of reason and assume that every NPC with that is trans. Or we could simply say that you know, it might be armor.

Genitals are, as we all know, extremely painful if damaged. Of course, in a world where guns are passed around like candy, someone should have the common sense to protect the area that mattered most.

Now, I could be very wrong. I doubt DE will confirm it, if transgender NPCS exist in their world. I'm saying right now, though, that this is a huge leap in judgement.

Exactly!

As much as you want to swoop in and collect the 'cool' points you end up failing. Why? because people have their opinions and you just tried to deny them that right. You are not as cool as you thought.

There's a difference between discussing a theory about a character being trans , and actively trying to push the theory out of the window because you don't want to see a trans character in a video game.

Seeing how many people responded with stuff like "I wish I didn't click this" and other various subtly transphobic bs, I feel the people discussing this are the type of people that don't want to see trans people in games because "its weird" to them, or because they hate trans people.

I'm not denying people the right to an opinion on this theory, so long as they're rational and aren't blatantly transphobic.

and if you think that in saying that, I'm denying the opinions (in general. not just of this theory) of transphobes, you're damn right I am. I've got no sympathy or time for anyone who has an "opinion" on trans people that actively makes the world a harder place for them to live in. An "opinion" that gets trans people murdered on a regular basis. An "opinion" that turns us into sex objects and an "obscure" fetish. an "opinion" that treats us as a joke. An "opinion" that refuses to see us as normal, functioning people.

Not the type of "opinion" I'd try defending if I were you.

I'm done for now. the more I read this thread the more uncomfortable I get.

Edited by Soup2504

I thought this was going to be a discussion on how or why she wears Tyl's helmet.

Maybe not.

Edit: On topic then, is there any chance that the bump is just part of the suit? I mean, it really doesn't look like what you are implying it is. Hell, if anything it's probably crotch-armour.

Edited by IANOBW

Yeah, I don't think that was the intention here. It's just a reused model, and I don't think it is what the OP thinks it is. But I guess, according to Soup2504, if you don't think the character is trans, then you're intolerant and your opinion just got someone killed.

There's a difference between discussing a theory about a character being trans , and actively trying to push the theory out of the window because you don't want to see a trans character in a video game.

Seeing how many people responded with stuff like "I wish I didn't click this" and other various subtly transphobic bs, I feel the people discussing this are the type of people that don't want to see trans people in games because "its weird" to them, or because they hate trans people.

I'm not denying people the right to an opinion on this theory, so long as they're rational and aren't blatantly transphobic.

and if you think that in saying that, I'm denying the opinions (in general. not just of this theory) of transphobes, you're damn right I am. I've got no sympathy or time for anyone who has an "opinion" on trans people that actively makes the world a harder place for them to live in. An "opinion" that gets trans people murdered on a regular basis. An "opinion" that turns us into sex objects and an "obscure" fetish. an "opinion" that treats us as a joke. An "opinion" that refuses to see us as normal, functioning people.

Not the type of "opinion" I'd try defending if I were you.

I'm done for now. the more I read this thread the more uncomfortable I get.

Transphobic comments are part of hate speech and are therefore against the forum rules - if you think a comment falls into that then hit the 'Report' button, fill the box and hit submit. The problem is that you are labeling everything - including neutral comments - as transphobic if they do not 100% conform to your opinion. That's just messed up - we can't have a discussion like that.

"Weird" has many different connotations/interpretations. Don't assume EVERYONE shares YOURS on this PRECISE subject. It's weird because it LOOKS weird for instance, and it would look just as weird on a male as far as I'm concerned. I mean look at the shape. That's no "bulge" lol.

I'll take anything that protects my genitals from blows, even if the edges bite around. But yeah, might as well take the same kind the Steel Meridian leader uses, seems more effective indeed.

I wouldn't say it's a "bulge". It looks more like 2 small... protrusions(?), like an actual protection with sliding part? Or like I mentioned before, a filtration/recycling gear, Dune style? Or just simple DESIGN? Many skintight garments have stylised "protrusions" or patterns in relief nowadays after all, even though they aren't usually placed in this precise part of the body.^^

OR maybe a design flaw/glitch/oversight, like others have mentioned? Or it's intended, no idea... And no real care anyway.

Whoa...uh...sorry?

I was just thinking it doesn't look weird that way, and just saying that...I am not telling you to like, not seeing it as weird somehow. ._.

You've never worn a cup before? Male and Female cups do not 'cut in' - they have their own pouch that holds them in place.

I'm Bi so I'm fine with almost the entire spectrum of genders but still would like if DE steered away from focusing on sexuality or gender. There's nothing to be gained from that in this game. If they explore it some people will be upset and if they say they won't explore it some people will be upset.

Next Gaming controversy: DE(L) says (yes/no) to adding Transgender characters in their F2P game, Warframe.

Can't say I have ever been in a situation that require one, so yeah. I imagine they would be like made from ceramic, and being in that shape shown on the model, could possibly painful if hit. Learning new things everyday! 

And I would agree with your opinion too. I even said in the OP I am glad that they didn't make it a big deal or make it a point about the character if this is even true. There is no need for focusing on that. Just, simply drop a character like Maroo, make no mention about her personal details, because it shouldn't be a problem in the game world, and there is no need to focus on that.

And I must once again remind everyone that this is just my opinion, about something I think is really awesome if true. I am seeing what is presented in possibly a very bias manner, and what I think may very well be false (maybe it IS armor!), but, I like to entertain such ideas. I would hope I can enjoy it, just as some other do!

Edited by RainDreamer

Transphobic comments are part of hate speech and are therefore against the forum rules - if you think a comment falls into that then hit the 'Report' button, fill the box and hit submit. The problem is that you are labeling everything - including neutral comments - as transphobic if they do not 100% conform to your opinion. That's just messed up - we can't have a discussion like that.

It wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing happens when discussing this thing. You're not just expected to accept it as equal, but to agree with, to praise, to champion these lifestyles. Anything less than that is "hate".

It's probably best that this discussion be watched by moderators, because it'll probably get toxic fast.

Bottom line: some people think this is a trans character, others do not. The ones who don't aren't being hateful by thinking it's not a trans character.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Transphobic comments are part of hate speech and are therefore against the forum rules - if you think a comment falls into that then hit the 'Report' button, fill the box and hit submit. The problem is that you are labeling everything - including neutral comments - as transphobic if they do not 100% conform to your opinion. That's just messed up - we can't have a discussion like that.

It wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing happens when discussing this thing. You're not just expected to accept it as equal, but to agree with, to praise, to champion these lifestyles. Anything less than that is "hate".

It's probably best that this discussion be watched by moderators, because it'll probably get toxic fast.

Bottom line: some people think this is a trans character, others do not. The ones who don't aren't being hateful by thinking it's not a trans character.

AGREE 100%

Very well said Antoine, I'm very impressed with your ability to identify, evaluate, and articulate.

And Kudo's to you Maverick for the common sense and stuff. 

Edited by 2ply

You did all that, just to say "I'm transgender"? Seriously, no one cares what you are, male, female, hermaphrodite, alien, etc. Also, it could be part of the armor/suit, a hernia, or a huge clitoris.

No, that is not my intention at all. Like, can anyone read that I said I thought it was cool?

Maybe it is not cool for some people, but can't I just go ahead and share my opinion like everyone did? And maybe trying to make people laugh?

Anyway, I am somewhat disappointed with the "fix". But I am keeping that screen shot. So I will be able to pull it out and claim "One day, there was a pre-op trans girl in Warframe. Then she got the op." It is going to be fun.

Edited by RainDreamer

And I did explicitly stated that I didn't want it to turn into a social battlefield. Hah. How naive I was. This is the internet.

One day, I found something cool to share to people, maybe make they laugh, maybe make them think. Look how it turned out.

The person who turned it into a "social battlefield" was the one who accused someone else of being transphobic simply because others didn't think the character was transgender.

You did all that, just to say "I'm transgender"? Seriously, no one cares what you are, male, female, hermaphrodite, alien, etc. Also, it could be part of the armor/suit, a hernia, or a huge clitoris.

Give that man/woman/woman who identifies as a man/man who identifies as a woman/alien an upvote!

Edited by IANOBW

And I did explicitly stated that I didn't want it to turn into a social battlefield. Hah. How naive I was. This is the internet.

One day, I found something cool to share to people, maybe make they laugh, maybe make them think. Look how it turned out.

Not your fault OP. It was an interesting thread and if you look up my first response you see me including some humor.

Internet discussions often go sideways because of anonymity. Anonymity isn't bad in itself but it is abused far too often.

The person who turned it into a "social battlefield" was the one who accused someone else of being transphobic simply because others didn't think the character was transgender.

To be fair, there are quite a few upsetting things being said,a few idiotic things, a few ignorant things, and a few sad things, but I just face palm my way through and move on. Not everyone can handle that though, so please excuse that person. It is kind of tough when you hear that a lot and it hurts you personally. Not everyone has the resolve to swallow that. And not everyone has the self-discipline to not lash out at the next person who utter such words, even if that person means harm or not. We are human.

But in the end, I guess I do get some nice people saying good things, and some funny people saying hilarious thing, so it is not a complete loss. =)

Not your fault OP. It was an interesting thread and if you look up my first response you see me including some humor.

Internet discussions often go sideways because of anonymity. Anonymity isn't bad in itself but it is abused far too often.

Glad you had fun with it!

Edited by RainDreamer