Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic]The Setup, Redux 18+

SpaceHelicopters

While Aegia had expected to feel Souna's face against her knee, she wasn't too surprised when she stopped herself by blocking with her arms. Aegia however, wasn't expecting such a flexible kick from the bird-lady. Even worse, her heel of steel connected straight to the She-Rhino's temple. Almost immediately her vision began to blur and her limbs had begun to feel sluggish. Still, it would take more than a hit to the temple to bring her down. Her left hand shot out, reaching around the back of her neck to grab Souna's leg, her powerful hand taking hold and not letting go.

As her elbow struck Aegia's soft flesh, she would grit her teeth as she had no choice but to take such a blow. However, Aegia finally had a hold of the bird-lady, and was intent on making sure she didn't escape. Bringing her left arm back around with Souna's leg in tow, Aegia began to stand as she brought Souna's body around sideways to rest on her shoulders and neck. Her right arm quickly went up to wrap around the Zephyr's neck, and she took a step forward, beginning to bend her back leg and kneel again, her intent to use the downward force and let gravity do most of the work on Souna's spine, while she started to force her arms downwards, intent on contorting the bird-lady into a most uncomfortable position by bending her backwards around her neck and shoulders.

A backbreaker, if you will. Aegia, despite the blow to the head and gut she had received, was grinning all the while. Truly this Tenno loved to spar with others.

Thanks to the inclusion of Vault-Tec bullS#&$tery, Hexer's (+6)10 luck stat ensures that he is nearby Sab when she mentions the beast.

I AM SO, SO SORRY. *holding a MIRV-modified Fat Man firing infinite nukes due to TGM*

"I could go without remembering that part, Sab." Hexer said, strolling in wearing a tricorn hat atop his head. "There are only three things that give me nightmares, and that thing counts itself among them at third place."

I have no idea where the hat came from. Though the quest where you launch the USS Constitution into the ocean may have something to do with it.

Pirate Robots. That is all.

"Are the other two alcohol and duct tape?" She asked, crossing her arms with a slight shrug.

"I tried to save them, unfortunately I'm only good at keeping paper weights from flying out the hull."

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

"Are the other two alcohol and duct tape?" She asked, crossing her arms with a slight shrug.

"I tried to save them, unfortunately I'm only good at keeping paper weights from flying out the hull."

"Oh no. If anything, everyone else is terrified of those. ESPECIALLY if I am involved and both of them are in the same room. It's one of the reasons I am legally disallowed from getting drunk."

"And I thank you for your attempt. Honestly, I had hoped they'd survive the mission." The General sighed in a melancholy tone. "They were all two days away from being re-assigned to desk jobs, too."

Mythos looked at Evan and Silver, before looking at the guy she was holding, and then looked back at Silver and Evan.

"Well, I wake up, I'm half naked, wearing some gown thing, surrounded by people I don't know and you tell me no one will hurt me? Yeah, makes sense. I...I just need-"

She was cut off by two announcements from an incredibly rude Volt Prime, and then an unknown voice. And what the unknown voice said was terrifying.

"What...the hell did that thing just say? The Sentients? THE SENTIENTS?!"

Evan sighed. "Yes, yes The Sentients. Whatever, NONE of that matters anymore. What do you need, what? Evidence? I turned off my shields. So what do you need Mythos? Just calm down, and put that guy down," he said, walking slowly towards her again, hoping he could free the man.

"No, not really. He's just my main partner, so I was wondering how he went in the mission." Ghostar replied.

"Ah. Well, he's still alive, that's probably all that matters for now," Ivan chuckled.

Volun found himself a little lost.... again. It seemed he developed a habit of spacing out nowdays, after his discharge from the med-bays. He had no one but himself to blame however. He was the one struck by the railgun, and the resulting explosion of the rocket. Not to mention the fusing of his Warframe to his--- bah, he was already charging the energy inhibitors a little too much already, judging from how they were sparking.

He nudged Krenn with his pad, on it were the words. "The heck we doing now?"

Feeling Aegia's head snap back from her kick gives Souna a lot of satisfaction. Not only is it a very efficient hit, but also have Souna's capabilities taken the Rhino completely by surprise. That's one step into a very good direction to make her doubtful about how to deal with the highheaded lady, which in turn diminishes her combat perfomance.

However, a not so good step is when Souna feels her ankle being tightly grabbed. In this pose, forcing Aegia in any way with her leg is out of the question, and even without remembering the many losses in her life that began with her leg being grabbed, her warrior's common sense realizes the danger immediately. Her instincts try to make her give up her defense and strike at whatever bit she can reach of Aegia to make her let go and retreat. But there is another, calm voice inside her head: 

~"Do not strike from confusion. Strike from the void between thoughts and action. Cut your enemy's strength, cut him down to his very soul."~ There is more, but it's muffled to Souna's consciousness, who remembered hearing this lesson again and again. It's virtually engraved into her skull: Do not attack unless you know how and why. 

Until Souna has calmed down, Aegia has already lifted her up. In the very last moment Souna can raise one arm to protect her neck from being choked as Aegia wraps her arm around it.

This situation is nothing different from the scenarios before: Aegia has taken initative, has made her resolution, and laid it out for Souna to see. One leg and one arm of her are locked momentarily, but Aegia can neither see Souna now, nor can she move a hand or use her legs, since Souna is technically 'above' her. And attacking from above is one of her strong points.

At the peak of the step Aegia takes, in exactly that moment between rise and fall, Souna twists her body most flexibly again and brings her free arm in between her own side and Aegia's shoulder. When the Rhino forces her down, Souna puts all her agility into the one single effort to not crash onto Aegia's shoulders, but use her voluntarily stuck arm as a lever - like a crowbar - to push herself towards Aegia's backside and slide down her back. Of course this will not free her foot, but Souna is standing headfirst when flying countless times, and is not the slightest bit afraid of it.

If her plan succeeds, she'll have her leg still held up near Aegi's shoulder, but her upper body falling towards the ground, catching it with one of her arms early. The other one will use her position - directly in Aegia's back, hardly perceptible for her - to strike with the finger's first knuckles or the elbow towards Aegia's kidney. The intent is simply reaching deep and cause pain in the soft organ's tissue. There is not a single thought wasted on doubts or restraint, it's her full force - with Aegia holding her leg, Souna can put quite some force into the stabs. If Aegia does not react fast enough, a knee to the back of her head would top it off - still held up solely by Aegia's grip and one arm extended to not crash facefirst into the floor.

"Oh no, the drinks are on me. The one with the bank account pays for the bill, though if that applied, we'd have to drag that flying loot-sack in here." The General stated curtly.

Volun was tempted to empty the General's pockets when he said the drinks were on his tab. He decided against it however, and settled for remaining silent on the discussion. He was still a little parched though, at the mere thought of having as many drinks as he would like.

"Thinking? Try Knowing." Hexer said. "I was responsible for opening a vault on Mars containing a bunch of Tenno, their weapons, Warframes and a bunch of other guff. Granted, I wasn't DIRECTLY responsible for it, but it was either pay a merc to do it, or have the Grineer, Corpus, Infested or some combination thereof get their mitts on it."

Arino had quietly entered the canteen but on his way there he noticed two of his previous 'friends' were discussing things, like bank accounts and vaults on Mars. There was vaults on Mars? What kind of vaults?

He sighed and got rid of the thought as he was sitting at a table near the entrance, he sat with his legs crossed and looked at the entrance to expect them with a little sly grin hidden inside his helmet.

Edited by (PS4)TheCrimsonTuckr

Volun-tai butted in, holding up his pad.

"Ya'll have any idea how high offers of Orokin weaponry and technology can go? Once, when I was in a Cell, fighting off the dogs of the Neural Sentry in an Orokin tower, when my team found an entire reservoir of Orokin technology, not just weapons and Warframes. I still have the Prime Volt Frame in my Liset. Later on, I got offers from a Corpus sonuva, who wanted them for 'research' or so he put it. I had my Cephalon hack the guy's account while we were discussing payment, and emptied his entire account of credits and plat.

Had to tear my way through a veritable army of Corpus drones afterwards though... I think the Lotus didn't approve of that one. I was bonked on the head by a stray Glaive while in Teshin's Conclave. I forgot the vault where I put all my credits, platinum and most of the Orokin gear. My Cephalon doesn't divulge the info to me either--it says the Lotus made it classified."

He choked out, "Drink.... please..."

Hexer looked at the pad, and as he read it, his eyes grew wider with every twist.
"Shazen vey Mough! So THAT'S where that bank account went!" Hexer said, pausing for effect. "Ah, just kiddin with ya, if I were after research materials, I'd send a guy to the Lotus and ask first. Anyhow, to the bar!" The General paused to think for a moment. "There is a bar here, right? I think I may have blanked out again regarding the floor plan."

"No bar, please. Last time there was one I may have fallen asleep." Krenn said, after observing the conversation. Hexer wanted to pay for everything, yet Sab wanted him to pay for everything. However, Volun was there choking on his own spit, so then...

"You know what, why don't I pay for Sab, and you, Hexer, treat Volunteer over there to a few drinks. I'm sure he'd appreciate that."

"Yeah fine whatever." Sab waved Krenn off without looking as she read Volun's message, nodding when she was done. "I once found an Orokin stash like that."

The Tenno leaned against the wall as she began her story, knowing fairly well that Volun was probably dying of dehydration. "Me and my cell were farming the Void once when all the Corrupted suddenly started acting like they dropped acid. They were stumbling about and having a seizure before they suddenlt turned around and fought like they actually had a brain. Bombards at the front, Nullies in the middle and fodder all between, we got our @$$es kicked."

Sab crossed her arms and smiled. "While we were getting the f*ck outta there we ran into an opened Orokin vault with the guards cut in half and everything still there. Mountains of plat, credits and enough gold for a Rhino to think you're overcompensating."

She got off the wall. "Anyway we lined our pockets, grabbed what we could and GTFOed back to extraction. Still got the Misa Prime and no clue whatever f*cking happened there."

"And here I was, hoping I was unique." Hexer said, withdrawing a flask out of his coat. If anyone looked closely, they'd notice that it was an incredibly potent alcoholic substance. He threw it to Volun. "I suppose we should be going to wherever the drinks are, that flask will probably only last for all of about three seconds."

The Substance: Snakeblood Scotch

It isn't clear where the hell Snakeblood even comes from, but analysis indicates that the alcoholic beverage should, by all laws of physics, be igniting due to contact with the air. Civil laws, however, ban it from being served as anything but a drink for death row inmates asking for their last meal.

If one should ask anyone who knows how to make it, the only answer you get is "The same way you make beer, just add some venom for some kick." What type of venom? The kind that leaves mortal men on their arse for six weeks with the worst hangover that ever existed. And that's when it's diluted correctly: one drop of Snakeblood for every 100ml of water. Do not consume more than once in your entire lifetime. Even if you are an elephant.

She grabbed it and grinned as she wrapped the little Shade under her arm, keeping it in a tight grip that would trap him but loose enough to not crush him or damage him in any way, she then looked at it and tapped it's little eye with her finger. She loved how he reacted on his own.

'MISS PLEASE!'

"DO NOT TOUCH MY LENS!"

The Sentinel's exhaust pipes fumed with steam, as he circled around the assassin, watching her with his lens. His 'Master Belrev' was of course recording the whole thing, uploading it to the glorious cache of seemingly endless data that sits snugly back at the Tower's server rooms. SO far things were going good, well somewhat.

Development for under armor has been tested by his one and only, Veka is seemingly safe without rioting, and he is alive.

Perfect.

And yet he had a growing sense of disappointment. He knew trouble would come along and murder these moments of peace. But the question is simple.

What will come for him? Or WHO to be exact?

Kana giggled and smiled as she leaped up onto her strong feet, even though they looked small and soft, they had some strength in them as she stood on her now bare toes. She then stood on the very very tip of her toes to show off like a ballerina. Her face didn't change drastically but her smile faded to concentrate on standing on her toe tips.

wow, that little scene sparked my fire again! Be it for a moment.

Jasmine continued into the med bay, sniffing out her whipping board to for another workout. She prepped her song for the infringing infested in case their time apart taught it that it can try to hit her again. She found it in the dead patch of flowers it sat in, growing around the bench it was sitting on. The fragrant blooms around her got its attention. She immediately started the song, it's tone keeping the infesteds disgusting influence away from her flowers and forcing it to try and cover its ears. She noticed the oddly colored...and moving...sunflowers turned their heads to look at her. Makes sense, they're watching her remove the poison that lingered here, who wouldn't be happy about that?! In fact many different flavors of flora turned to watch her drag a protesting, annoying infestation to a technicolored ship, while holding a bull whip. All the while with a concerning amount of enthusiasm as she pulled the Trinity into the colorful Liset.

The scene could only leave the activity inside to the unwary imagination.

Edited by Exoteran

'MISS PLEASE!'

"DO NOT TOUCH MY LENS!"

The Sentinel's exhaust pipes fumed with steam, as he circled around the assassin, watching her with his lens. His 'Master Belrev' was of course recording the whole thing, uploading it to the glorious cache of seemingly endless data that sits snugly back at the Tower's server rooms. SO far things were going good, well somewhat.

Development for under armor has been tested by his one and only, Veka is seemingly safe without rioting, and he is alive.

Perfect.

And yet he had a growing sense of disappointment. He knew trouble would come along and murder these moments of peace. But the question is simple.

What will come for him? Or WHO to be exact?

A corridor away from where Belrev and Shizukana were, Maxi was watching them. Noting down everything they did in her mind, she smiled. The Tenno may know of Omnipotence, but they don't know of me. And they think that they can push the Sentients to extinction. Pathetic. She thought. She turned away, heading back to her Liset.