Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic]The Setup, Redux 18+

SpaceHelicopters

Feeling Aegia's head snap back from her kick gives Souna a lot of satisfaction. Not only is it a very efficient hit, but also have Souna's capabilities taken the Rhino completely by surprise. That's one step into a very good direction to make her doubtful about how to deal with the highheaded lady, which in turn diminishes her combat perfomance.
However, a not so good step is when Souna feels her ankle being tightly grabbed. In this pose, forcing Aegia in any way with her leg is out of the question, and even without remembering the many losses in her life that began with her leg being grabbed, her warrior's common sense realizes the danger immediately. Her instincts try to make her give up her defense and strike at whatever bit she can reach of Aegia to make her let go and retreat. But there is another, calm voice inside her head: 
~"Do not strike from confusion. Strike from the void between thoughts and action. Cut your enemy's strength, cut him down to his very soul."~ There is more, but it's muffled to Souna's consciousness, who remembered hearing this lesson again and again. It's virtually engraved into her skull: Do not attack unless you know how and why. 
Until Souna has calmed down, Aegia has already lifted her up. In the very last moment Souna can raise one arm to protect her neck from being choked as Aegia wraps her arm around it.
This situation is nothing different from the scenarios before: Aegia has taken initative, has made her resolution, and laid it out for Souna to see. One leg and one arm of her are locked momentarily, but Aegia can neither see Souna now, nor can she move a hand or use her legs, since Souna is technically 'above' her. And attacking from above is one of her strong points.

At the peak of the step Aegia takes, in exactly that moment between rise and fall, Souna twists her body most flexibly again and brings her free arm in between her own side and Aegia's shoulder. When the Rhino forces her down, Souna puts all her agility into the one single effort to not crash onto Aegia's shoulders, but use her voluntarily stuck arm as a lever - like a crowbar - to push herself towards Aegia's backside and slide down her back. Of course this will not free her foot, but Souna is standing headfirst when flying countless times, and is not the slightest bit afraid of it.
If her plan succeeds, she'll have her leg still held up near Aegi's shoulder, but her upper body falling towards the ground, catching it with one of her arms early. The other one will use her position - directly in Aegia's back, hardly perceptible for her - to strike with the finger's first knuckles or the elbow towards Aegia's kidney. The intent is simply reaching deep and cause pain in the soft organ's tissue. There is not a single thought wasted on doubts or restraint, it's her full force - with Aegia holding her leg, Souna can put quite some force into the stabs. If Aegia does not react fast enough, a knee to the back of her head would top it off - still held up solely by Aegia's grip and one arm extended to not crash facefirst into the floor.

Feeling the Zephyr-user start squirming about within her grasp only made her grin. Truly this was the most glorious form of combat. In melee, feeling one's muscle tense and stiffen against her, taking blow after blow, being close to an opponent and being able to feel the heat from their body. There was nothing else quite like it in the system. But upon feeling the strange lack of a resounding impact, or even popping of bones after her step towards the floor, Aegia knew that something had gone wrong. That, and of course she knew that Souna's movement was not random. No, every move of hers was calculated in some way.

It's no wonder that it comes as no surprise to the She-Rhino when she feels the very familiar feeling of a stabbing jab to one of her kidneys, causing her stance to falter somewhat. She grits her teeth and seethes inaudibly. She knew that it was an effort to get her to let go of her leg out of instinct, but doing that would allow Souna to get away and into her own preferred range of combat. 

This was not an option.

Instead of dropping the bird-lady and allowing her to retreat and begin her high-flying antics, Aegia opts to tighten her crushing grip on her leg and swing her over her head. Her intent? To slam Souna into the ground in front of her as hard as possible. In a way, it was just like using a much lighter, more flashy version of her Jat Kittag. If this were to succeed, Aegia would start to repeat the action a few times, to soften up the golden feathered bird.

Kana giggled and smiled as she leaped up onto her strong feet, even though they looked small and soft, they had some strength in them as she stood on her now bare toes. She then stood on the very very tip of her toes to show off like a ballerina. Her face didn't change drastically but her smile faded to concentrate on standing on her toe tips.

The young Excalibur raised an eyebrow, watching the assassin stand on her toes, without breaking them somehow. Impressive yes, but the thought that at any moment her toes could break brutally, sent a shiver down his scar covered back. And as that same thought manifested into a image of the event, Belrev winced to himself.

Ouch. That would hurt too much.

"Surprised you can even do that. Not many people can do this without breaking their toes, or injuring themselves in some fabulous slash moronic fashion."

----

A few phone calls from a VERY worried spouse and a sugar filled daughter later, Belrev turned his head towards the corridor he came through. Strange, its as if someone was...watching him.

"I'll be back in a bit." The second youngest of the Azarus family said, before stalking out to the corridor.

He studied the floor, the walls, and even the ceiling. The nagging feeling of being watched still filled him, and it raised his paranoia up a point. Eventually his minutes of analysis passed and he found no signs of a watcher...well watching him.

And then a thought popped up.

----

"Should go see Vandal and Silver. And possibly everyone else." He muttered, heading in the direction that leads to his allies. Corion then sent a comm link telling that the cell door was locked and shut tight.

No escape anytime soon... He hopes.

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

"I believe the bar is somewhere around...this-a-way. Whatever it is. Onwards unto inebriation, gents!" And without another word, Hexer started marching off into what he hoped was the general direction of the pub.

(Rolled an 18. So I think that works? I don't know.)

Souna never had shared many Tenno's nigh-religious admiration of the duel blade against blade. Of course she accepted it as a part of the Tenno ways, and acknowledges its necessity on the battlefield, but that's where the similarities end. Her perception of honor and war differed a lot from what Aegia would have thought. The Zephyr-lady thought it far too risky and unresponsible to trust her aspirations and future onto the result of a duel with equal footing - a fifty-fifty-chance. Sparring sure was fine, but it's just a practice for her that prepares her for the battles that actually served her needs. Fairness was not going to further any of her goals, only victory. 

That also was the reason why her performance on the battlefield differed greatly from her accomplishments in the arena. Most duels are regulated, prohibiting Souna from using her enemies weaknesses like she was used to.

But at least her defense still held up until now. Souna was well aware that she really dodged a bullet with Aegia's last attack, which could have easily finished the duel in the Rhino's favor. Instead of worrying about what could have been, Souna focused on properly placing her blows on the Rhino's soft sides and lower back, only to confront the other's impeccable constitution. Souna was sure that blow could've made any human go mad from pain, but Tenno really are a different deal after all. And so, Souna's leg was still caught, and hanging upside down did not allow many further attacks from this 'special' position. 

On the positive side, Aegia helped Souna change her position. On the negative side, she didn't do it intendedly, and with way too much force. Before Souna could grip them, Aegia's legs were out of reach, her back did not provide solid grip, and centrifugal force carried Souna's upper body outward, away from Aegia's head, which was her most promising next target. With one leg and both arms free, Souna at least had some control about her rotation along the axis head-to-toe, but all she could do in a hurry to escape the crushing blow to the ground that proved inevitable at that point was to tuck up her legs, pulling her body in, thus reducing radius and velocity of the impact. 

One arm grabbed her knees to fortify her curled-up position - and not get stretched by the next swing - the other protected her head as the floor closed in at alarming speed. 

WHAM

Souna felt the skin at her elbow and lower arm split as her body crashed onto the floor, not to mention the bruises she caught at her hip, shoulder, head and knee. When the reflexive tension of her muscles eased, Souna already found herself in the process of being lifted up for the next attack - and at this point, there's no doubt that Aegia would not and needed not change her pattern of attack: Never had she been in a better spot to grasp victory over the cocky bird-lady. 

But, Souna had not given up yet. Her mind was still racing, and a glimpse of an escape presented itself to her. If this had been a real fight, no doubt Souna were facing certain doom, but then she would not have engaged like this in the first place. So, why pretend that there were no limits? The rules that brought Souna into this unfortunate positions, she could still use them against Aegia, who hopefully was still aware of the fact that neither of the Tenno should cause each other severe harm in a simple sparring-match. So, would the Rhino continue the flailing too long for Souna's body to take, or rather let go earlier to play it safe, once she had proven her point?

To emphasize Souna's sole intent of gaining distance from Aegia, the bird-lady started kicking towards the center of the arcing motion with her ungrabbed leg. Again, she perfectly uses centrifugal and centripetal force to her advantage: Centripetal force to make her heel home in on Aegia's shoulder and head, dealing moderate impact, and centrifugal force to jump away from her opponent should she let go of the ankle. Not much grace left in her motions, of course. With every impact on the ground, her kicks became less precise, and should she escape her roll and steps would be more shakey. 

Sab jogged behind the general not waiting for the others. She opened her comm too, talking to a certain scrap heap.

Nium held up his finger to the two androids. "One moment Gemini, my "operator" is for what I am sure is a congratulation on my survival."

Nium answered the call, stepping over to the foundry, having a suspicion as to why the Valkyr had called. He saw no reason to keep the comm silent in his head. Gemini'd be forced to meet her eventually, he guessed the more they were exposed now the better.

"Sab I'm glad to hear you're alive... Yes I know the feelings not mutual... Yes I know that your feelings are the exact opposite." The AI sighed. "Just cut to the chase already and tell me what you want, I'm already sick of your charming demeanour... I'm already rebuilding him... He spammed my inbox saying he died..."

Nium stepped over to the foundry and checked his progress. "He's almost finished, just a minute, you can already drop the credit on the floor... Yup hate you too, bye."

Nium tapped several buttons on the foundry console, opening the newly constructed chasis open to wireless upload.

Sab shut off her silent conversation with her cephalon and dug out the latest grand she got from Krenn, using her thumb to flick it onto the ground without ceremony.

An alert was calling from Maxi's Liset, knowing Maxi's connections it would be best to get in the Liset to answer this call, Omnipotence was busy so who could it be? It could be pretty obvious.

Maxi walked into her Liset, answering the call. "Hello, Prestige. What do you want?" She said, smugly sitting on the side of the control panel, crossing her arms in boredom.  

Prestige eyed her before talking. "What have you found on your travels young Maxi?" He asked, his voice boomed, faint echos of his voice repeating what he said.

"Well, a Tenno named Arino has become our ally. I've seen that Belrev has made a new friend; the Saryn in the Jail Cell. Also, Silver's work is almost finished. That good enough for you?" Maxi explained.

Mythos looked at Evan and Silver, before looking at the guy she was holding, and then looked back at Silver and Evan.

"Well, I wake up, I'm half naked, wearing some gown thing, surrounded by people I don't know and you tell me no one will hurt me? Yeah, makes sense. I...I just need-"

She was cut off by two announcements from an incredibly rude Volt Prime, and then an unknown voice. And what the unknown voice said was terrifying.

"What...the hell did that thing just say? The Sentients? THE SENTIENTS?!"

"Mythos, calm down. It's probably just some Perrin screwing with everyone." Silver replied.

"Ah. Well, he's still alive, that's probably all that matters for now," Ivan chuckled.

Ghostar chuckled. "Ah, well, that's good. I'm not surprised. He's a survivor."

"It has satisfied me enough, Maxi.. He explained as he looked into her eyes, those glowing golden eyes staring with no emotion as his metal hand hand raised up to his chin, his spiky fingers rubbing against each other. "Is something bothering you?" He asked.

Maxi chuckled as she sat on the control panel, arms crossed. "No, I'm just a bit bored. All we've been doing lately is laying low and quiet. I prefer something bigger." She replied quite casually. "By the way, I also saw Belrev getting a message from a 'Doctor Yure' at his HQ. Do we know where that is yet?"

The mechanical body sighed before closing his eyes for a moment and opening them again, his eyes flashing before going to their normal flowing self. "Not yet Maxi, patience is key. His Haven is hidden in encrypted channels or in a place we wouldn't expect to look.. He said. "Perhaps you know his whereabouts?"

Kana stood back to her normal pose before stretching and yawning, she was tired and wanted some sleep, it's pretty tiring being in a cell, so she quickly stumbled back to her bed and jumped on it before she fell asleep, lightly snoring.

The mechanical body sighed before closing his eyes for a moment and opening them again, his eyes flashing before going to their normal flowing self. "Not yet Maxi, patience is key. His Haven is hidden in encrypted channels or in a place we wouldn't expect to look.. He said. "Perhaps you know his whereabouts?"

"Belrev is here, on the Donn Waytstation along with everyone else who was involved in the Crimson Lotus' mission. It appears, however, that none of his family are here with him. They must all be at that city of his." Maxi replied, sighing.

A nagging feeling gripped Belrev tightly. Something felt off...he knew this feeling all too well. With every step he takes towards the room where Vandal is currently situated in, the feeling grew even more. Why else would he have checked that corridor? And when he looked at his messages, seeing all the previous ones with the label of 'Omnipotence', it him. It is MUCH better to prevent a possible bad outcome from happening. 

With two fingers pressed to his ear, Belrev initiated contact with his oldest brother.

"Hello littlest brother. Assistance needed?"

"Start the protocol."

"But it's for emergencies brother! We can't just start it like that."

"This is an emergency. Well more of a prevention."

There was a small pause in the brothers conversation, as somewhere in the city Denger was growing paranoid by the second.

"Understood brother. Say the word."

"Naoh."

The whole conversation was inaudible to any peeping Toms, physically that is. And as he made his way to Vandal, Belrev smirked. 

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

Gemini vs. Nium: “The wheel of fate is turning.” Rebel 1-Commence!

Gemini’s halves stood on their side of the training ring, an automatic challenge ringing out in the immediate vicinity in response to their presence. With their trademark, digital giggle, the red and blue feminine figures looked back at their charge and invited them into the ring with them with a few couple of taunting finger curls, their barely contained excitement only evident to those present capable of reading code faster than the speed of light.

Now glowing with their respective colors, both ran their new combat protocols while at the same time, the blue Gemini released an observer to record their duel for later analysis. Should Nium be curious enough to look, it would notice that another step would be required in order to understand the text speeding about the Gemini’s bodies; translation from a long dead language, though the most common words they’d notice is sabre from the red Gemini’s body and bouclier from the blue’s.

The lithe, red Gemini took a step forward as the blue took a step back, summoning a blade made of crimson, hard-data with a quick and graceful flourish. She positioned her feet close together, the dominant one pointed towards her opponent along with her blade, fully extended from her body while her other arm bent towards her core; vacant, yet ready to act at a moment’s notice.

The blue form, more full due to the possession of the majority of the two’s systems, assumed a very relaxed and neutral stance. Raising both arms slightly, she formed two solid, asymmetrical walls of geometric hard-data, each one hovering slightly at either of her sides. Upon completion, where her red sister’s glow increased in intensity, hers faded as she relaxed; the two’s staggered stances making them appear as polar opposites.

Of the small group of people who had gathered to watch Souna and Aegis’s fight, some were drawn by the Cephalon’s spectacle of preparing; the flashing red and blue lights coupled with their animated movements creating intrigue as spectators approached the edge of their ring.

Hexer and Sab’s exploration party

As the party set out on their futile expedition with the aim of finding spirits aboard the uncharted wilderness known as the ‘Donn Waystation’, the group would be quickly divided by the throngs of incoming and outgoing patrons, effectively ending their hunt in it’s infancy. Due to sheer luck alone, the majority of the group would eventually find its way back to the canteen.

If it were any consolation, in their absence, a waystation worker not only refilled the nutrient cartridges for the food synthesizer, but also updated the software to an experimental version. Though alcoholic options were disabled, this version also came with the experimental custom order option, and through some exploitation and enough determination, one could custom make a consumable item containing enough alcohol to achieve torpidity. They would only be limited by the creativity! Well, and knowledge. And the number of credits in their pockets.

Separated from the group and forced to into the flow of traffic, Hexer would finally be spit out into a dim hallway in some unknown section of the station. With his entrance blocked by a dense and seemingly endless flow of people, his only option would be an unlocked door at the end of the hallway.

Light from a distant sun peeked through the window in the door, and its sound-proof sealing would also promise an escape from the deafening commotion of the station. Through the window, he would see that on the other side was some sort of catwalk overlooking the docking ring. If not an escape, at least the catwalk offered a momentary reprieve with the potential of seeing some interesting ships docking.

And little would he know, he also wouldn’t be the only person present on the catwalk. 

Separated from the group and forced to into the flow of traffic, Hexer would finally be spit out into a dim hallway in some unknown section of the station. With his entrance blocked by a dense and seemingly endless flow of people, his only option would be an unlocked door at the end of the hallway.

Light from a distant sun peeked through the window in the door, and its sound-proof sealing would also promise an escape from the deafening commotion of the station. Through the window, he would see that on the other side was some sort of catwalk overlooking the docking ring. If not an escape, at least the catwalk offered a momentary reprieve with the potential of seeing some interesting ships docking.

And little would he know, he also wouldn’t be the only person present on the catwalk. 

On the plus side, Hexer wasn't all that thirsty in the first place, so getting separated wasn't that much of a problem.

On the other plus side, he still had a bottle of water and his flask of Snakeblood, so he was good for another day or so.

On the downside, he had limited options. Limited options were annoying. If you had them, it often meant something was planning an ambush. Pick your battles, not the other way around.

With little else to do, the General walked through the door into the sound-proofed room, bracing for the worst.

This is a Tenno-owned station. What's the worst that could happen? Actually, no, don't answer that. There's a LOT that could happen. Such as a Formorian or ten. Though I have always wanted to test one of the larger railguns on their hull. Not enough salvage or functioning wreckage to allow for a proper test-firing after the Tenno scrapped most of the fleet.

On the plus side, Hexer wasn't all that thirsty in the first place, so getting separated wasn't that much of a problem.

On the other plus side, he still had a bottle of water and his flask of Snakeblood, so he was good for another day or so.

On the downside, he had limited options. Limited options were annoying. If you had them, it often meant something was planning an ambush. Pick your battles, not the other way around.

With little else to do, the General walked through the door into the sound-proofed room, bracing for the worst.

This is a Tenno-owned station. What's the worst that could happen? Actually, no, don't answer that. There's a LOT that could happen. Such as a Formorian or ten. Though I have always wanted to test one of the larger railguns on their hull. Not enough salvage or functioning wreckage to allow for a proper test-firing after the Tenno scrapped most of the fleet.

As Hexer passed through the threshold and onto the catwalk, he would be met with a breath-taking view worthy of being painted by the ancient Renaissance artists of earth. Even for someone who's spent their life among the stars, the intrinsic beauty of the endless void from this perch on Pluto's orbit could not be denied.

Billions of twinkling stars danced within view, the largest and closest of them all still easily lost among them. That distant blue marble, the source of humanity, was billions of kilometers away, and yet even from this distance its brilliant blue-hue stood out from the others. Saturn's rings glistened in the distant sunlight as Neptune and Uranus continued to drift by at a pace easily mistaken for stillness.

Bringing focus away from the gorgeous vastness, warm air rose from the docking ring as ships continued to come and go. Though peacefully silent, the soft and distant hums of ship engines could be heard if one chose to acknowledge their presence. Hulls of numerous ships glistened in the dim light of the docking ring, showing off the colors and styles of those who operated them and showing off the diversity of the patrons visiting the Donn Waystation. 

Truly, Hexer had found himself quite the treasure here; the serenity of this spot stunningly contrasting with the chaos he had witnessed only moments before, but whether or not he would appreciate it was entirely up to him. And should he pay close attention to his surroundings, he'd also spot a silhouette on the opposite end of the catwalk from him, their form hidden in the shadows of an awning above. Should he strain his eyes, he'd be able to make out the figure as feminine, leaning against the railing and gazing at the docking ring below, the tell-tale blue light of a Corpus e-cigarette twinkling in the dark. A nasty habit, but one that was all too common.

To anyone, the view would indeed be beauty incarnate. But Hexer spent more than just his life in the stars. He had seen horrors that made grown men simply stop fighting, entire stations and ships boarded by the Grineer and Infested, and in an instant they were gone. He'd read reports about things worse that lurked out there: void storms that swallowed fleets whole, never to return them. Asteroids holding Infested spores crashing into civilian ships and stations, and one report of a lone Tenno shutting down the emergency escape protocols on a Corpus station housing civilians. By the time anyone got there, the only thing left of the inhabitants were red smears, torn suits and piles of gore.

To Hexer, space held no beauty or glory. Only a depressing emptiness, and the truth of how cruel Fate and Fortune can truly be.

He noticed the figure after his eyepiece detected movement. Someone else enjoying the serenity of this place, he assumed. Might as well try and stike up a conversation.

"Don't you know those are bad for your health?" The General said. "Electronic or no, they still do a number on your lungs."

To anyone, the view would indeed be beauty incarnate. But Hexer spent more than just his life in the stars. He had seen horrors that made grown men simply stop fighting, entire stations and ships boarded by the Grineer and Infested, and in an instant they were gone. He'd read reports about things worse that lurked out there: void storms that swallowed fleets whole, never to return them. Asteroids holding Infested spores crashing into civilian ships and stations, and one report of a lone Tenno shutting down the emergency escape protocols on a Corpus station housing civilians. By the time anyone got there, the only thing left of the inhabitants were red smears, torn suits and piles of gore.

To Hexer, space held no beauty or glory. Only a depressing emptiness, and the truth of how cruel Fate and Fortune can truly be.

He noticed the figure after his eyepiece detected movement. Someone else enjoying the serenity of this place, he assumed. Might as well try and stike up a conversation.

"Don't you know those are bad for your health?" The General said. "Electronic or no, they still do a number on your lungs."

The nearer Hex would draw to the silhouetted figure, the more familiar she'd become, and if a view an ancient astrologist would kill for wasn't quite his vision of beauty, then perhaps a scene that screamed Edward Hopper's nighttime works would be more attuned to his tastes.

Keya's lithe figure stood leaned over the catwalk's railing, the only light illuminating her figure being the pale light from the bit of plastic machinery hanging out of her mouth, it's light intensifying slightly as she took a slow drag. Based on the damp towel hanging on the railing beside her and the observation that she was no longer coated in blood and smelled of moonlight dragonlilies, she had taken advantage of the station's open showers. She was no longer clad in the tattered remains of he Steel Meridian suit, but a black compression tank that showed off a couple inches of her scared midriff, a pair of matching compression shorts that ended mid-thigh, and numerous bandages whose stark white color contrasted with the rest of her shadowed figure. A warm updraft wafted past both the Grineer pilot and the human general, the warm air teasing her short,  wavy, reddish-brown hair and offering an uninhibited view of her burning, orange irises. Unless the General remembered which of her arms was false, there'd be no way of telling which one was supposed to be the prosthetic.

In response to him voicing his presence, Keya gave a slight look over her shoulder as she removed the e-cig from her mouth, causing the pale light to fade as she let out a steady stream of vapor. The smell of cinnamon still lingered on her breath.

"Last thing I was expecting out here was that old rhetoric," Keya said softly, yet clearly audibly as she returned her gaze to the view beyond, "To what do I owe the pleasure of this meeting?"

Keep calm, she's only smoking hot. No need to get flustered. Oh my...

NO! Do NOT tilt the head! Keep professional, man!

But...legs...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Outwardly, there was little indication of the Generals inner turmoil, apart from maybe a slight eye twitch and a slight movement of the head that was immediately corrected.

"A failed expedition to the bar and an unending stream of foot traffic outside the door." Hexer said. "I didn't know you were in here."

Small talk. Try small talk.

PROFESSIONALISM, YOU FOOL! KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL!

Oh come on, you never let me have any fun.

THATS BECAUSE YOU KEEP ON GETTING DRUNK. REMEMBER THE LAST TIME YOU WERE BLINDING DRUNK!?

No?

EXACTLY! BUT I DO! IT INVOLVED DUCT TAPE, A HOOKER AND THREE DIFFERENT TRIPS TO THE HOSPITAL WING.

Hexer really wished his thoughts didn't race ahead of himself when he was trying to talk to someone.

"Found this place by accident myself. Glad I did; the noise in there was only making my migraine worse," the Grineer explained as she shifted her weight. Her head tilted down to her hands as she inspected the well-used little tube of plastic.

Replacing her e-cig, she glanced over her shoulder again briefly. "Never got to thank you for towing my unconscious ! to the clinic. Those egg-heads still trying to hunt me down?" she asked.

As the pale light returned, it revealed the scars hidden by the shadows along her arms. Both arms appeared to be nearly identical, though a detail on her right arm gave away the secret of which was the prosthetic; scuffs along the knuckles that revealed the prosthetic's morphic surface underneath the sleeve of false-skin, the damage indicating that she had hit something recently.

Should his eyes wander, he'd also notice a bit of crimson peeking up from her collar on the right nape of her neck; the mark of the Grineer Empire that labeled her as their property. 

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

"About the arm? Paid that off for ya. Don't need to worry about a Corpus tax agent looming over your bed anytime soon, threateningly waving tax reports." The General joked. "Can't even tell which arm is the replacement from a distance. Also, how did you damage it already? Was it a shark? Does the SPC Foundation have a new member?"

"About the arm? Paid that off for ya. Don't need to worry about a Corpus tax agent looming over your bed anytime soon, threateningly waving tax reports." The General joked. "Can't even tell which arm is the replacement from a distance. Also, how did you damage it already? Was it a shark? Does the SPC Foundation have a new member?"

"You covered my tab? Well, aren't you the gentleman. You keep looking after me and I just might feel inclined to repay you," Keya said with a chuckle.

She smirked, though even with the dim light of her e-cig it would be hard to tell. Regardless, it was a smirk that betrayed itself; whereas it implied joy, her current state of being was anything but. A sigh escaped her, vapor slipping through the gaps in her lips and wafting up with the warm updraft.

"I just received a bit of bad news. Got mad, had to punch something, you know how it is," the Grineer woman admitted, lazily motioning with her right hand to the dented wall behind Hexer.

"Again, a General looks after his troops. Because things tend to happen to Generals who don't. Mysterious things. I know my history." He spoke rather hurriedly.

"Bad enough you'd punch an innocent wall? What did it ever do to you, steal your spare shrapnel?" He shook his head. "Don't answer that. What's the news?"

Why are we asking?

Because it may lead to ADVENTURE!

We just barely survived one, and we're going on another?

Yes.

Why do I still exist alongside you.