Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic]The Setup, Redux 18+

SpaceHelicopters

"Yeh, they are a bunch of d*cks," Ivan agreed.

"No, I haven't seen Silver around, do you need to see him for some urgent matters?" He asked.

"No, not really. He's just my main partner, so I was wondering how he went in the mission." Ghostar replied.

~~~

Belrev would gain a new message, this time not from Omnipotence.

Belrev, I have been notified that you survived your recent mission.

Congratulations.

We've moved the Facsimile Evis from a cryopod to a bigger room filled with healing liquid to keep her alive.

No response or communication from her has been received so far.

I will keep you updated.

- Doctor Yure

She smirked and went closer to him, looking into his eyes and then looking away, blushing and smiling. She was flirting with him but tried not to make it obvious. She then pointed at the game and giggled as She loved seeing him get frustrated.

It showed the strong angry side of him.

For some reason the assassin was clearly flirting with the man who took her out not long ago. He knew this because of 'prior experience' with these type of situations. Not that he DOESN'T appreciate the compliments and gestures, its just...unexpected. Yet the 23 year old felt something with this assassin. Something he hasn't TRULY felt in a while.

Intrigue.

He just smirked to himself.

-----

Away from the previous thought, Belrev typed in a message to the doctor who is working on something for him. Classified information of course.

Stay in the City. Don't leave it for anything. If you need more supplies, Alben can help you. My son has a nice interest in science.

Oh and thank you, Yure. Mission was hard but I made it.

I just hope she can make it too. Keep me updated, and be safe.-B

For some reason the assassin was clearly flirting with the man who took her out not long ago. He knew this because of 'prior experience' with these type of situations. Not that he DOESN'T appreciate the compliments and gestures, its just...unexpected. Yet the 23 year old felt something with this assassin. Something he hasn't TRULY felt in a while.

Intrigue.

He just smirked to himself.

-----

Away from the previous thought, Belrev typed in a message to the doctor who is working on something for him. Classified information of course.Stay in the City. Don't leave it for anything. If you need more supplies, Alben can help you. My son has a nice interest in science.

Oh and thank you, Yure. Mission was hard but I made it.

I just hope she can make it too. Keep me updated, and be safe.-B

Believe gained a response from Doctor Yure.

Of course, Belrev.

Allen has already acquired the healing liquid used for the room, it works as I have predicted.

She will be able to live indefinitely until my work is done.

And I know that I must not leave the city, especially with that Corpse Queen searching for us as we speak.

Be safe.

- Doctor Yure

Nium:

The top Gemini giggled at their charge Cephalon’s touch as she playfully swatted at its hand.

With the added movement to an already unstable base (and perhaps the disengagement of certain gyroscopes in order to incite a minute amount of guilt) the leaning tower of Cephalon collapsed under its own weight; the blue Gemini falling into a seated position as the red tumbled off into an awkward backwards roll.

The two halves faced each other a moment, silence falling over the room only to be shattered by the two erupting into more heart-warming laughter. Gemini rose, dusting herselves off as she turned to face Nium yet again.

Before speaking, the two surged with energy, their coding glowing brilliantly as they filled into their proper forms. In contrast to their power-saver forms, the two were no longer identical in appearance. The blue Gemini had more physical substance to her, filling out a very feminine hour-glass figure as well as being more endowed than her red counterpart. The red Gemini was very lithe, her figure streamlined in order to allow for increased agility on the battlefield. While aesthetically pleasing, on the technical end, the two were like this due to the re-balancing of necessary systems, the blue carrying the majority of their combined data in order for the red to be more active without fear of permanent termination. No extra trimmings were formed aside from the maturation of their forms.

“Don’t go too easy on us,” the blue half said as she leaned on her hip.

The red leaned on the opposite hip, “If we don’t get enough of a challenge, the data won’t be of any use.” Just as they did in their toddler-esque forms, Gemini’s halves gave a giggle in unison, though it didn’t quite carry the same amount of juvenile energy.

Hexer:

“Well met,” Tessitura beamed with gentle, steel eyes, firmly clasping the general’s hand with his own. He then began to move his other hand towards Hexer’s and bowed his head, stopping halfway with a quick couple of shakes of his head.

“My apologies,” he said with a dry chuckle, releasing James’s hands, “You work with the Sequence long enough, you begin to pick up their habits.”

Returning to the main topic of their conversation, the good doctor pulled up his interface. “Ah, yes, the Grineer pilot.  You have no idea how many of my nurses she barked at when she first ‘arrived’ on the station. Stubborn lot those Grineer are, but fine warriors with indomitable fighting spirits. Great company to have while on a pub crawl.” Tessitura then sighed, “Shame they’re all biologically doomed. We’re doing our best to produce stronger and stronger stabilizers, but we can only work so fast and stretch our credits and resources so far.” Finding what he was looking for, Dr. Tessitura shook the troubled thoughts from his head and turned his interface to face Hexer.

“This is the market price for the model of arm we gave her. It’s experimental, but since the company sympathizes with the Sequence, they actually pay us for submitting the data from their prosthetics. I’ve signed the prosthetic under Keya’s name already, so in about a month she should receive payment for the data. As for what you owe us, we aren’t looking for a profit, so market price will suffice so that we can replace it.” Tessitura explained, his finger directing his attention to the prototype model in question that was currently fluctuating around the two million, two-hundred thousand range; the price going up and down by tens of thousands of credits multiple times every second.

After their little exchange, should Hex decide to look for the Grineer woman (or happen to come across her), she could be found on the eastern side of the rampart overlooking the docking ring. As a reminder of the layout of the station, doors exiting onto the rampart can be found on either side of the med bay.

Gaius:

The barely visible, pale blue bubble around Azelie’s head popped as she looked up at her visitor, her arms lowering the pad in her hands to allow an uninhibited glance at her gaunt frame from the waist up.

The Tenno looked up at her Warlord with disinterested eyes devoid of her usual silver energy, the mood stabilizer doing its job of keeping her negative emotions at bay. Currently, she had no reason to be happy, and since she was incapable of being upset with her current form, she defaulted to a neutral, rather dead emotional state.

“Oh, sup Gai. Didn’t know you were supposed to be here,” Azelie said with about as much enthusiasm as a Crewman on inventory day.

Sebastian:

Just as Milton was about to see what it was that the colorful visitor handed him, a rather intimidating and battered old Tenno ‘grabbed’ his attention. Ba~dum, tsh~!

Not quite sure if this was a situation in which he should seek the help of station security or not, the Corpus youth stared with a blank expression as he decided on what to do. In the end, however, his helpful nature won over his fear, replacing the blank look on his face with a friendly smile.

“I believe I can spare some time. Who’re we looking for?”

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

Hexer:

“Well met,” Tessitura beamed with gentle, steel eyes, firmly clasping the general’s hand with his own. He then began to move his other hand towards Hexer’s and bowed his head, stopping halfway with a quick couple of shakes of his head.

“My apologies,” he said with a dry chuckle, releasing James’s hands, “You work with the Sequence long enough, you begin to pick up their habits.”

Returning to the main topic of their conversation, the good doctor pulled up his interface. “Ah, yes, the Grineer pilot.  You have no idea how many of my nurses she barked at when she first ‘arrived’ on the station. Stubborn lot those Grineer are, but fine warriors with indomitable fighting spirits. Great company to have while on a pub crawl.” Tessitura then sighed, “Shame they’re all biologically doomed. We’re doing our best to produce stronger and stronger stabilizers, but we can only work so fast and stretch our credits and resources so far.” Finding what he was looking for, Dr. Tessitura shook the troubled thoughts from his head and turned his interface to face Hexer.

“This is the market price for the model of arm we gave her. It’s experimental, but since the company sympathizes with the Sequence, they actually pay us for submitting the data from their prosthetics. I’ve signed the prosthetic under Keya’s name already, so in about a month she should receive payment for the data. As for what you owe us, we aren’t looking for a profit, so market price will suffice so that we can replace it.” Tessitura explained, his finger directing his attention to the prototype model in question that was currently fluctuating around the two million, two-hundred thousand range; the price going up and down by tens of thousands of credits multiple times every second.

After their little exchange, should Hex decide to look for the Grineer woman (or happen to come across her), she could be found on the eastern side of the rampart overlooking the docking ring. As a reminder of the layout of the station, doors exiting onto the rampart can be found on either side of the med bay.

"Ah, no need to worry over a polite handshake." Hexer reassured. What was there to worry about a two-handed handshake?

"Vas rey Mough! How many times does something have to change price in one second?" The General shook his head. "No James, you are only paying for ONE arm, you don't need to break the bank just yet. The most it probably has is advanced neural interfacing and maybe a laser sword." He held up a chit that came seemingly from nowhere. "There should be enough cash on this chit to cover the arm. If there isn't swing by the Grannigas Salvage Station, ask for Hector. If there isn't anything else, I'll leave as not to take up your time."

"Ah, no need to worry over a polite handshake." Hexer reassured. What was there to worry about a two-handed handshake?

"Vas rey Mough! How many times does something have to change price in one second?" The General shook his head. "No James, you are only paying for ONE arm, you don't need to break the bank just yet. The most it probably has is advanced neural interfacing and maybe a laser sword." He held up a chit that came seemingly from nowhere. "There should be enough cash on this chit to cover the arm. If there isn't swing by the Grannigas Salvage Station, ask for Hector. If there isn't anything else, I'll leave as not to take up your time."

"Ah, you're half-right," the good doctor explained, "While it does possess more advanced neural interfacing technology than the standard prosthetic, the arm's chassis is segmented and held in place by magnetic fields that are manipulated by a module programmed with a complex algorithm housed within the prosthetic anchor."

As he explained, he pulled up the prosthetic's blueprint, suspending it in 3D space and manipulating it to show Hexer a cross-section of the internals. "This setup makes the arm hollow and nearly weightless, the lack of physical moving parts leaving little room for damage or malfunctions. This also allows for fluid and precise movement; making the prosthetic the closest thing to the real deal. After it's installed, we simply make a scan of the existing limb and mirror it in order to print out a sleeve. Without prior knowledge, you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from the real thing."

"Well, I know exactly one person who would be thrilled to have something like that, though the chances are the bastard stole a copy of the blueprints at some point." Hexer said. "He stole the blueprints for some of my experimental grenades the last time he came by, but that's another story. Anyhow, I'll leave you to it. It was a pleasure meeting you doctor." With a polite bow, the General left the room and started wandering aimlessly, hoping for something to happen.
Preferably something that didn't involve explosions, blood, blood loss or death.

"Ah, but you were too busy fighting it to notice my contribution. After all, it isn't like we can hit CTRL+X on the keyboard to find a DPS meter or anything, no." Krenn replied.

"Also, none of us did too much damage to it. The only thing that we did get rid of it was launch it into the vacuum of space. I'm not even sure that killed it. For all we know it's completely immune or something."

She looked at what he was typing up and then wondered what he was talking about, Alben? City? Yure? Who is 'She'?

She wondered to herself and sighed as she sat down on the metal floor, bored out her mind and looking at her feet in front of her, her legs stretched out and stopped by the cell bars.

"Curious?" Belrev asked the assassin, raising an eyebrow. He was now looking dead ahead at the assassin, watching her movements, her posture.

That is when he decided to test something. To see if she would lust for another chance to have a rematch with him, and win her victory.

He creeped up to the bars of the cell, face to face with the assassin. Red met Green, male to female, whatever. Assassin to Tortured Hero, that kind of stuff.

His next question was of one about communication. Since she has REFUSED to say a word to him, hopefully she can type it.

"Can you type?"

Believe gained a response from Doctor Yure.

Of course, Belrev.

Alben has already acquired the healing liquid used for the room, it works as I have predicted.

She will be able to live indefinitely until my work is done.

And I know that I must not leave the city, especially with that Corpse Queen searching for us as we speak.

Be safe.

- Doctor Yure

You too. And make sure he doesn't start a search party for me. Tell him I am fine, and tell Naoh that too.

He sent the simple message over to the Doctor, who most surely is hard at work.

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

How many before had underestimated her? How many had thought of Aegia as little more than a brute with more muscle than brain? Too many to count, it seemed. And it seemed that Souna was no different. Aegia's first attack, while it may have seemed to have been thrown with killer intent, it was nothing more than a facade. Even with her right hand deflected so, it made no impact on her plan of attack. A glint in her eyes made it apparent that she could see the hand that Souna had aimed at her neck, even whilst she hadn't taken her eyes off of the Zephyr. Stepping further forward, Aegia lowered her left shoulder slightly, and felt the once vicious stab strike her sloped back, it rolling harmlessly off and leaving her no worse for wear.

It's the three strikes to the face that the She-Rhino was not expecting, though she didn't show it. She had expected Souna to try and dodge away after counterattacking like so, not to go on the offensive. One strike to the face, this one was light. Did she expect her to disoriented by such a thing? With her opponent so close and directly in front of her, she did not need to rely on such a thing as sight (though it was always nice to have.) The second, Aegia saw, was aimed directly at her chin, and she braced for the impact, while simultaneously twisting her head to let the blow slide away. The last thing she needed was to have her brain rattling around in her skull and making her legs sluggish to use, or even worse, unresponsive. There was no doubt about the fact that Souna was strong, Aegia could feel that through the impact of the strike against her chin, however glancing it may have been thanks to her head twist. The third strike to her chin would have been the most dangerous one if it weren't for Aegia stepping further forward and shortening the distance between the two, effectively cutting the force behind Souna's strike down to something less dangerous. Still, Aegia's breathing would have to take a backseat for a moment while her throat recovered.

However, now that she was now nearly right up against Souna, they were in Aegia's preferred range of combat. The best part about having two stances to switch between fluidly was that Aegia could utilize both on the fly, and now was just such an occasion. Her left hand was no longer open, but now curled into a sturdy fist that she promptly brought up in a vicious hook to Souna's liver. Thanks to the Zephyr kicking against her left knee, the She-Rhino was now in a position to use that right arm that had been deflected away. By placing most of her weight onto that off-balance leg she was able to spin slightly towards her left, bringing her right arm around and catching Souna's neck in the inside of her elbow where her forearm and bicep met, before letting her head slide out a bit to be caught by the She-Rhino's powerful hand. Now placing her weight on the ball of her left foot, the leg of which was still off-balance thanks to the Zephyr's kick; she brought her right leg around in front of Souna's left and hooked it around to trip her up, before using a combination of her weight and her off-balance leg to start bringing Souna downwards.

If she were to succeed in this, she would bring the back of her left foot down and kneel down with her left leg, with intent on bringing Souna's face and her left knee to a very forceful meeting together.

"I don't need a keyboard to see a big red zero." Sab claimed, crossing her arms. "And I atleast left a nice big scorch mark on the ape, the only scorch mark you left was from your face skidding along the ground."

"Don't worry." Nium ensured, seperating the two halves of his blade and spinning them around "I'm more than happy to provide the neccessary combat data required." He tapped both Cephalons on the head with the blunt sides, producing a small metal clink. "Just don't blame me when you're sent back to Vici."

Had Aegia not managed to deal with the very first counter attack of Souna, the Zephyr had been harshly disappointed. To pass this very first test is nothing to surprise Souna with. Only hitting one of her following strikes is also a result that she can live with, after all none of them are strikes with that much force that their exertion was noticable.

Having Aegia counter with such a quick punch tells Souna about how much Aegia is trusting her instincts - instincts that enable quick reactions like these, but can also be misleading. Not in this case of course, the strike connects and Souna exhales sharply from the well-placed hit. It does not cloud her head though, maybe even sharpen her senses, as she already feels the opressing intent of Aegia's attack just as her arm wraps around the redhaired head. Only be feeling the muscles in the Rhino's arm, she can sense her superb management of momentum. This is the thing that really surprises her. She had believed Aegia to rather take in what comes at her, and press through with her advance regardless. But the goodwilled woman displays a way of moving that is far closer to Souna's own style - something that she will have to take into account for future attacks.

With Aegia's intent discovered, Souna brings up her arms in time to protect her face from the shattering impact onto the bent knee. But she lets the Rhino bring her down most of the way, stopping the move with both her arms in defense in the very last moment - for that energy that Aegia just put into bringing the Zephyr down is fuel her acrobatic counter: Falling onto the knee of the leg that Aegia tripped, Souna lets the momentum of their combined downward motion carry through her body into her one free leg, which swings up behind her and curls just like a scorpion's sting. Since Souna does not use her leg as a support, but puts most of her weight onto Aegia's knee instead, she has quite a stable pose and, in contrast to her punches, her kicks are nothing to be kidding about: Half-hidden by Souna's own upper body, an heel hard as iron threatens to hit Aegia's face.

As soon as the legs has come to a halt by any means, Souna also sacrifices one of her protective arms - now that her head has mostly stopped moving - to bring her elbow out parallel to Aegia's thigh and put her pointy bone into the soft flesh of the other woman's low side, just above the haunch. If neither of those throw the Rhino off, Souna will be in serious trouble.

Kana looked at him in a sort of nervous way, she could type but if she nodded who knows what he'd do? If she shook her head he might bore her with English lessons. Gears turned in her head as she thought what to reply with. After a solid 10 seconds she gave a single shrug.

Before Belrev could reply he received a message.

"Belrev Azarus.

The master has said a lot about you, a lot of which are insulting  Never seen Him so angry at a Tenno like you.

It'll be amazing to cross paths with one another.

- Unknown"

Belrev mentally sighed at the not so good reply he hoped for. He just wants her to talk, hell mutter something. He needs to know WHY she isn't speaking, as curiosity has fully taken control of him. She is unique. Very unique. For that, Belrev wants to know more, get to know the assassin who almost killed his best friend. Unorthodox yes, but curiosity wins this round.

"Guess not then."

-----------

The once again familiar beep of his inbox receiving a new message, Belrev was spun out of his study of the assassin and into the message sent. Strangely it is from an unknown sender...

No address to be traced, encrypted to the absolute highest degree. Even with Corion's near godly skill of hacking, the little Sentinel could not decrypt this. Nor hack into to find the location it was sent from. What makes it even MORE intriguing, is that the sender seems to have interest in him.

That is a VERY bad thing, considering the ominous last words of the message.

Might as well reply back.

'I look forward to it, whoever the hell you are.'

"Oh, yes we did, Volunteer. Big ugly abomination and all that. Killed Hexer's entire strike team, put me in a coma, and so on. Unpleasant thing it was."

Krenn answered. Sab's argument was starting to become stale, and he didn't want to expend the effort into trying to convince her to drop it.

Speaking of which...

"Also, here." He said, tossing another 1000 credit chit to Sab.

Kana pouted as he turned away to look at his messages, the messag blocked by the sentinel now staring into her eyes, scanning for possibly something, she tried to move it out the way but it didn't work.

The unknown sender replied quickly after his reply.

"We expect it to be a good show."

Excuse me muss, that gesture was quite rude. You do not just push a sentinel away.

You have to gently remove it from your sight.

GENTLY.

----

While Corion was lecturing the assassin on proper behavior to a Sentinel, Belrev on the other hand was frantically tracing and tracking the message sender.

"Dammit. The signal is a ruse."

"I can't trace it at all now. The signal was a ruse and disappeared from the grid."

Belrev said this to himself, narrating his progress to keep track of it. After a few moments of tinkering and swear words coming into the air, Belrev noticed something.

If this sender's message can't be traced and is encrypted to the HIGHEST degree...

And recently a certain Omnipotence has the same level of encryption for his messages sent.

Could this sender be a possible ally for Omnipotence?

----

Hey Dad,

It's Alben. Uncle D viewed your Inbox from the computer, and put the city into lockdown. No one can get in or out. The people in the districts are protesting, because they KNOW something is going on with you. They want to assist you against Omnipotence and his possible little buddy. Naoh is with Aunt Ana. I'll be coming by soon to help you, Dad.

Stay safe, and I love you.-Your Son, Alben.

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

Sab nodded in agreement, catching the credit and holding it up to the light. "'Unpleasant' is walking in on Vay Hek naked in the shower. That thing remodelled my chest, deep fried Seabass and didn't just kill Hexer's men. It f*cking ate them!"

Sab flicked the chit ip in the air before pocketing it. "Though that's of course among other, more obvious things."

Wink wink nudge nudge Krenn.

Thanks to the inclusion of Vault-Tec bullS#&$tery, Hexer's (+6)10 luck stat ensures that he is nearby Sab when she mentions the beast.
I AM SO, SO SORRY. *holding a MIRV-modified Fat Man firing infinite nukes due to TGM*

"I could go without remembering that part, Sab." Hexer said, strolling in wearing a tricorn hat atop his head. "There are only three things that give me nightmares, and that thing counts itself among them at third place."

I have no idea where the hat came from. Though the quest where you launch the USS Constitution into the ocean may have something to do with it.

Pirate Robots. That is all.

Gaius offered a light smile, though the slight hints in his facial expression would reveal that he was very uncomfortable. Her eyes were void and lifeless, and her voice flat. Gaius was not used to seeing her in such a state, and with how contrary it is to her usual personality, well... it was rather terrifying.

"I wasn't supposed to be, but Nisha really wanted to volunteer so Mag sent me along with her, or rather her specter, to make sure she didn't destroy the place." Gaius said. He grabbed a near by chair and brought it over, sitting down next to Azelie's bed. He looked her body up and down, wanting to check for any other obvious signs of damage. He noticed that her gown hung rather loosely on her, but he moved on, or tried too. 'What could a Grineer do that would make her smaller or oh my god that's what the nurse meant about appearances.' He thought. He quickly looked back up at Azelie's eyes, hoping that she didn't notice his lingering stare and panicked reaction. "You look like you've been through hell." Gaius finally said. "Though you seem to be better off that Sebastian. What the hell happened on that ship?"

Sebastian glared daggers at Milton. "God I hate you." He said. Sebastian's hat was obviously unwarranted, but something about this one corpus really rubbed on him the wrong way. He couldn't put his finger on it, nor could anyone, but he just really really really hated him. But he needed his help. "I need you to help me find two people, both Mirages. You can work that intercom system of yours to find them right?" He asked, not even waiting for an answer. "Good. Then lets get moving." Sebastian began to drag Milton by his collar, walking in a random direction. "Now how do I get to the intercom systems?" He asked.

Silver, after Belrev had left, was trying to help Evan calm down Mythos. "Mythos, just put the guy down. You're with friends."

Evan nodded his head.

"Yeh! Exactly, you're with friends. You're safe here, nothing can, I mean, will, hurt you. So just...calm down, and put that guy down," he said.

Mythos looked at Evan and Silver, before looking at the guy she was holding, and then looked back at Silver and Evan.

"Well, I wake up, I'm half naked, wearing some gown thing, surrounded by people I don't know and you tell me no one will hurt me? Yeah, makes sense. I...I just need-"

She was cut off by two announcements from an incredibly rude Volt Prime, and then an unknown voice. And what the unknown voice said was terrifying.

"What...the hell did that thing just say? The Sentients? THE SENTIENTS?!"

Kana pushed the Sentinel again to enrage it, it was cute to see this little machine get angry at her because it was a tiny little thing that could cause possibly no harm to her.

She eyed Belrev when he cursed to himself, then eyed his Messenger as his son messaged him about a City? Interesting.

"Miss! Please do not push me. That is quite rude." The Sentinel whirred, boiling her nose with his fin. Ever since Belrev discovered him, he wanted to have a companion of his own. One that will never leave him.

That is where Corion came in. Belrev and his team of scientists found Corion to be self aware, which gave the Sentinel COMPLETE control of his actions. Which include speaking, attacking, abilities, and other things. He does have to say, Corion has surely made his life better.

If it wasn't for the Sentinel's voice of reason, Belrev would either be dead or become the person who took everything from him.

----

"Don't worry about him. He gets sensitive."