Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Targis Armor Color [Megathread]

mishmashmarsh

Just to let you know, they are doing that.

Well judging by this 12 page topic they should stop now and undo whatever batch of crap they're trying to throw at us.

Nobody here wants this, clearly. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it was an option to switch to Gold but I can't, so now I'm sticking with generic black or the whole aethetics of my frames is thrown off.  If they wanna do it to Prime stuff that drops in the Void I could care less, but these are our exclusive Prime accessories being un-primed right before our eyes.  

Alot of my guys were Black/Gold and White/Gold themed, I'm completely bummed to play now because what I paid for looks like complete Kubrow sh*t.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Well judging by this 12 page topic they should stop now and undo whatever batch of crap they're trying to throw at us.

Nobody here wants this, clearly. 

You shouldn't judge it by this thread alone, many people actually want and like the colour-able primes, obviously this thread is against it so really only people who are against it would post here.

I agree with Targis Prime needed some way to have its gold back, but people want colour-able gold, DE just has to find a way to cater to both camps (People who want it, People who don't want it and people who don't care either way).

so then why didn't thy mess with every other prime thing in the game then huh?

Yeah I am mad.  I bought it FOR The gold.  The Gold is part of what makes it prime - in fact in terms of cosmetic items the Gold is the only thing that makes it prime being its not possible to have polarity or stat boosts....also I AM THE COLD AND GOLD EMPEROR.  

I see solutions above about making it possible to use default - would be real nice of DE to do that.

It's not an exaggeration though, all my other prime stuff shines gold and now my armour is all bland and crap and if I wanted that I wouldn't have spent $50 on "prime" accessories when they're just standard accessories.

Thank you :) good to know I'm not the only one who is annoyed they spent money is this $50 on this I want what I payed for not this dull s**t.

I spent like two hours re-editing the colors of my Targis equipped on my frames "I have all of 'em", now I really disliked how my Targis looks like, I payed 50$ for it because it was awesome and PRIMED, now it's a dull plastic, I know people said that many times, I'm just adding my voice to them, please give us an option for our prime trims DE!!.

I contacted DE Draice about this a few days ago as we were getting no response on the issue of the quality of textures for the new PBR gold on Primes, and on a possibility of a new slot just for prime gold, as being asked here. I did tell him of the current problems that exist (similar to those in your OP) for a few accessories and that this will continue to be an issue in the future unless addressed.

He's advised me that when Steve returns in about a weeks time, he'll put the suggestion forward to him. Due to this, I now believe Draice does have a reasonable idea as to how much a separate colour slot for prime gold is in demand. Bit more of an awareness compared to before where suggestions for a separate slot didn't seem to be going anywhere.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425548-customizing-gold-is-a-huge-failure-as-it-is-now/

I used this Targis thread as one of the example areas for the A&A team to look at again.

Edited by Naith

Would really be nice to hear about that.

Sometimes it seems the only reactions come to threads created in the right timeframe (when someone official looks at the forum and checks new threads), and all others are ignored.

Would be really nice to have an official tracker for issues, that we could read as players, to know if an issue is discussed, discarded, in work for changed, ... and so on.

They've added an orokin colour palette, which seems to have some gold colours in it.

What do you guys think? Gold enough to make it prime again? or not?

For me that still like the Fire palette but have blue instead of red.

They've added an orokin colour palette, which seems to have some gold colours in it.

What do you guys think? Gold enough to make it prime again? or not?

The tenno palette was more than enough to make it gold. However, the texture is still TERRIBLE! DE needs to change it back how it used to look, now every color looks faded and ugly. 

Edited by Murderrrr

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425548-customizing-gold-is-a-huge-failure-as-it-is-now/

I used this Targis thread as one of the example areas for the A&A team to look at again.

Again, to the people who have recently posted, they're aware of it. Just need to wait some time, hopefully not too long. However, some of you do need to get used to the delays and responses from the A&A team.

Edited by Naith

• 2 weeks later...

Code and Database support for color customization where none exists. Warframes have this code & database support. Most other things (armor) do not (yet!).

TL;DR Please be patient and know that the rate to identify problems/propose solutions/deliver feedback will always be faster than our ability to diagnose, fix, and deploy changes.

Armor will soon have the support needed for 'defaults'.

Here is where we are at with this, coming to you on 16.4:

Right now, on the PUBLIC build, I change my Targis Prime Armor colours and there's no easy going back. There's no defaults to restore to.

uirCp9a.jpg

Right now, on the TEST build, I changed my Targis Prime Armor colours and there is now:

- Restore each individual Tint to default

- Restore all to default

ttetMB1.jpg

This is the end result after I restored each Tint to default, it allows me to retrieve the original artist's choices:

i9zPpRD.jpg

Armor will soon have the support needed for 'defaults'. Here is where we are at with this, coming to you on 16.4: Right now, on the PUBLIC build, I change my Targis Prime Armor colours and there's no easy going back. There's no defaults to restore to.

uirCp9a.jpg

Right now, on the TEST build, I changed my Targis Prime Armor colours and there is now: - Restore each individual Tint to default- Restore all to default 

ttetMB1.jpg This is the end result after I restored each Tint to default, it allows me to retrieve the original artist's choices:

i9zPpRD.jpg

Will this work with syandana too?