Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Targis Armor Color [Megathread]

mishmashmarsh

is there a way that you can post a pic? i haven't been able to see the new coloring yet. are you able to change the color of the gold trim, or is it just a different gold?

Pretty much it lost its gold, it takes whatever colour you have on at the time.

Will post a picture shortly.

For theses screenshots, note that before the patch I had the armour on its default colours, never changed them on all except maybe a couple to match the frame colours. The colour of the metal is now controlled by Tint colour 4, so either you make it similar gold colour, you'll make other cosmetics have a yellow colour.

Screenshots:

6G2aHvZ.jpg

HB0Dal9.jpg

OST3ze4.jpg

8OLw0Ai.jpg

PtSCCJP.jpg

TWvt3kX.jpg

Compared to:

(Best ones I could find from my library of screenshots)

PCwmzZQ.jpg

jwUQwgS.jpg

YYx0sTY.jpg

UK7rrMf.jpg

Edited by NovusNova

I've replied already to the same post previously (located in the wrong place so it got moved). Use your damned heads, people;

Buy the Storm Colour Pallete, assuming you've bought the Prime Access to get this you should have plenty of Platinum to spend 50 on this.

Look down to the bottom-most row, go one row up from the bottom. And one colour off from the middle should be a brownish, or dark looking yellow; it looks like gold

There you go, problem solved. This thread is so pointless. They changed this and are going to change this for all pieces like it to further customization for everyone.

*Edit* Isn't there an option to revert all colours to default? And then you can just change the colours that isn't the gold to whatever?

Edited by ViolettaFoxx

i was eagerly awaiting the day when i could colour all of the targis prime armor bits. there was so much i wanted to do with my nova prime, since i could re-colour all of her gold parts as well.

stuff like this:

nAmS4jg.png

and this:

LYgFhuU.png

are now possible with the gold pieces being able to be tinted.

if you still want to throw a giant tantrum about it being the end of the world for you, then i think you'll find that this particular shade of yellow from the fire palette works just fine for a mock prime gold colour.

saPEzw5.png

it's still bright, it still has the shine. it may be a bit more matte than metallic, but guys, this is a highly-customizable game with hundreds of options for different colours. i think that you can get used to a slightly toned down shade of gold.

I am going to put this here as a counterpoint to it not being prime:

50o.png

I found colors that matched Ember Prime's gold in ten of the color pallets. TEN

You forgot it changes ALL the armor's colors. Light yellow isn't in the color palette for my armor and I much prefer the original gold to any of the available colors, which I would still need to pay plat for.

I've replied already to the same post previously (located in the wrong place so it got moved). Use your damned heads, people;

Buy the Storm Colour Pallete, assuming you've bought the Prime Access to get this you should have plenty of Platinum to spend 50 on this.

Look down to the bottom-most row, go one row up from the bottom. And one colour off from the middle should be a brownish, or dark looking yellow; it looks like gold

There you go, problem solved. This thread is so pointless. They changed this and are going to change this for all pieces like it to further customization for everyone.

*Edit* Isn't there an option to revert all colours to default? And then you can just change the colours that isn't the gold to whatever?

or you could have been constructive and said that the best color to match the gold is in the storm color pallet. it's suppose to be a community; and you going around talking down to misinformed people isn't the best way to get the info to those people. 

All the primes should have an additional color option, no matter if they are Targis Prime (I am concerned about it as well and quite unhappy...), Loki Prime or Boltor Prime. Glueing the golden trim to tint 4 was not a good idea at all and whoever in the DE decided it was a good idea should give half of his/her monthly pay to charity.

However, I know that there will be people who will fiercely defend the new colouration as to "remove the toxic gold" so here's an idea for a nice addition which should satisfy most of the people could be releasing of some sort of free trim color pack (with metallic tints varying from gold to dark steel or something) or something similar, with the addition that those colors could only be used on the prime trims (the suggested additional color option).

or you could have been constructive and said that the best color to match the gold is in the storm color pallet. it's suppose to be a community; and you going around talking down to misinformed people isn't the best way to get the info to those people. 

It is not that they are misinformed, my friend. It's that instead of taking the time and having some imagination with colours, they complain about things being changed (in the Devs', and my eyes, for the better).

This PBR system and these changes being applied to all weapons and armor with metallic parts and Prime-gold parts is just, so much yes. It opens up a lot more options for customizing and normalizing clan colours and your own preferences. 

So when they start changing weapons/armours/frames like this. Just go to the Storm Pallete people, and it'll look just like before. And if you don't have that, revert the colours back to default, there should be a button for this. And then change the other parts whatever colours you had before.

done and done and the dead horse has been beaten once again. Oh and what's funny is I see another topic just like this one posted already about the same damned thing

This is the THIRD topic about the SAME THING. Here is the solution(s) I've given everyone else;

"I've replied already to the same post previously (located in the wrong place so it got moved). Use your damned heads, people;

Look down to the bottom-most row, go one row up from the bottom. And one colour off from the middle should be a brownish, or dark looking yellow; it looks like gold

*Edit* Isn't there an option to revert all colours to default? And then you can just change the colours that isn't the gold to whatever?"

I'm so done.

Edited by ViolettaFoxx

You say "further customisation" and yet you throw mud in our eyes with "solutions" that don't solve the actual problem? I think not.

The Prime trims were always a separate part of the body of a prime armor/weapon/frame and as such, they deserve their own, separate color tint.

You say "further customisation" and yet you throw mud in our eyes with "solutions" that don't solve the actual problem? I think not.

The Prime trims were always a separate part of the body of a prime armor/weapon/frame and as such, they deserve their own, separate color tint.

How does it not solve the problem? You want the gold tint back that used to be there? Reset colours to default. You want to have a colour to be able to pick that looks just like gold? Get the Storm Colour Pallete. Choose the dark/brownish yellow one row up from the bottom.

It looks metallic, shiny, ect. Like freakin' gold. Done and done.

"Just like gold" isn't the Prime gold, mind you. Also don't forget that what DE went to super cheap in their attempts for "further customisation" with their latest PBR additions.

Choosing random color from a random palette isn't in any way solving the problem, just as I mentioned before "throwing mud in Tenno's eyes". Especially when it comes to something that is 100 % paid with real money as the Targis Prime armor. Hek that should even apply for ANY prime item.

DE screwed up badly with this. We know it, they know it.

Instead of increasing the customisation as they should have done, they reduced it. And attempts like yours might prove to be some sort of solution, but it's a very short-time solution.

This is the THIRD topic about the SAME THING. Here is the solution(s) I've given everyone else;

"I've replied already to the same post previously (located in the wrong place so it got moved). Use your damned heads, people;

Look down to the bottom-most row, go one row up from the bottom. And one colour off from the middle should be a brownish, or dark looking yellow; it looks like gold

*Edit* Isn't there an option to revert all colours to default? And then you can just change the colours that isn't the gold to whatever?"

I'm so done.

"Just buy a color palette to get a worse version of what you paid for!"

You're brilliant. 

I'm so done.

This option works Primed weapons. However, it doesn't work for the Targis Prime armor as attachments do not have a "Default Colors" option, and using "Copy Main Colors" on a non-Prime Warframe or a Warframe that doesn't have PBR (which is like all of them except Nova Prime) will not give the Targis Prime Armor the default gold color. 

Edited by LGear

i was eagerly awaiting the day when i could colour all of the targis prime armor bits. there was so much i wanted to do with my nova prime, since i could re-colour all of her gold parts as well.

stuff like this:

nAmS4jg.png

and this:

LYgFhuU.png

are now possible with the gold pieces being able to be tinted.

if you still want to throw a giant tantrum about it being the end of the world for you, then i think you'll find that this particular shade of yellow from the fire palette works just fine for a mock prime gold colour.

saPEzw5.png

it's still bright, it still has the shine. it may be a bit more matte than metallic, but guys, this is a highly-customizable game with hundreds of options for different colours. i think that you can get used to a slightly toned down shade of gold.

I shouldent have to pay for another color pallet I already payed £30.00 for the armor.

It is not that they are misinformed, my friend. It's that instead of taking the time and having some imagination with colours, they complain about things being changed (in the Devs', and my eyes, for the better).

This PBR system and these changes being applied to all weapons and armor with metallic parts and Prime-gold parts is just, so much yes. It opens up a lot more options for customizing and normalizing clan colours and your own preferences. 

So when they start changing weapons/armours/frames like this. Just go to the Storm Pallete people, and it'll look just like before. And if you don't have that, revert the colours back to default, there should be a button for this. And then change the other parts whatever colours you had before.

done and done and the dead horse has been beaten once again. Oh and what's funny is I see another topic just like this one posted already about the same damned thing

lol then stop reading things with the same title or your gonna keep getting disappointed.