Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Not A Valid Excuse For Anything, Ever.

chuckdm

So first of all...this post is about a specific incident, and yes, it's a rant.  A rather angry rant at that.  That said, I hope it inspires the people like the ones in the rant to stop their behavior, so I'm sharing it anyway.  That, and I'm mad about it and need to vent.

If you don't want to read it, fine, but don't post tl;dr or snarky comments, please.  I am not fishing for sympathy here.  I am trying to change people's behavior by example.

I just ran the Sedna invasion (the one with the credit rewards, that is.  I ran the one with the orokin cell like 4 days ago and the invasion still hasn't finished.  But that's another issue.)  On the first round, a player, whose name I won't put here even though I doubt I'll forget it any time soon, left.

Normally I wouldn't care.  In fact, this caused a Host Migration, which worked, yet the mission instantly failed, so no rewards.  Again, normally, even in this case, I wouldn't care.  He left because the G3 appeared.  Once again, normally, I wouldn't care.

I was playing Vauban and learned a while back that Bastille affects the G3 for its full duration and makes killing them almost too easy.  Back in November, I got the Blueprint and Barrel for the Brakk in the same encounter.  I have been running every corpus invasion I can get my hands on trying desperately to get the Receiver.  So far, I've defeated the G3 4 times since then (and they defeated me once) and still haven't gotten the Receiver.

So today, they spawn, I throw out Bastille and within about 6 seconds, I kill 2 out of the 3.  The other, Leekter, is busy meleeing the other player, and rapidly downs him.  No problem, I have enough energy to deploy 2 more Bastilles and easily pick him off just like the other two.  It takes me about 10 seconds to run to his position.  I throw out my Bastille, it's going to hit Leekter, all is going great.  I notice that I FINALLY GOT THE RECEIVER from one of the other two.  I am super stoked.

Then boom, player quits, host migration, instant fail and I lose the receiver.

Now I'm angry.  I'm seething with rage.  And yet, because of the failure, I still have my G3 mark.  So I calm myself, soldier on, and queue for the Invasion again.

And he's there.  The same stupid, stupid player is in the group I spawn into.  I finish clearing the map, doing 47% of the total damage of the 4 person squad, of which he does 2%, because he's running an Excalibur with a Skana and no guns at all, and trying to melee everything to death.  Worse yet, both his Excal and Skana are max rank, so he's not even leveling them, he's just playing like a total idiot.  Not a newbie, just a plain idiot.

So after all the enemies are dead and we're about to extract, I tell the rest of the squad that this guy aborted after I killed 2/3 of the G3 and got the receiver drop.  Both of the other 2 players agree with me that this guy is an idiot.

At this point, I'm waiting for him to admit he's either stupid, a new player, or something, ANYTHING to justify what he has done.  Instead, I see this: "It's only a game."

This isn't an excuse.  This is NEVER an excuse.  I am not expecting everyone to be a super-A+ pro gamer from hell.  But when you completely, totally, and royally FUBAR something, dear god, have the humility to admit you're stupid and say you're sorry, rather than pretending that it doesn't matter.

Four months of farming the G3 down the tubes was bad enough.  But please, for the love of all that matters in this world at all, do NOT tell me "it's just a game" as if to justify your sheer idiocy.

That is all.

"Worse yet, both his Excal and Skana are max rank, so he's not even leveling them, he's just playing like a total idiot."

He's doing the achievement.

You mean" the sword alone" achievement?  The one that can be done easier with half the other frames in the game and nearly any of the other melee weapons?  Yeah I doubt that.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I just gotta ask: How do you know he's a newbie? From his mastery rank?

Him bringing max-ranked Excalibur and Skana just screams newbie to me. He might not even understand G3.

His profile said he had just over 3700 kills.  I'm presuming that by nearly 4k kills you have some vague idea what you're doing.  I suppose you COULD play that much and still be clueless.

You mean" the sword alone" achievement?  The one that can be done easier with half the other frames in the game and nearly any of the other melee weapons?  Yeah I doubt that.

Well Excal is considered THE MELEE FRAME so I could see it happening.

So you're mad that guy could've crashed which resulted in a host migration and that is HIS fault.

If that's the case why don't you try sending a ticket I heard if you post the people you were with you might be able to get something that was lost.

MIGHT.

Though I think you're overreacting honestly. INb4 thread gets deleted

You're acting like he deliberately left just to smite you. Host migration would usually swap hosts and then something most likely went wrong. Not his fault. >_>

Edited by Lilliannette

I have loadout with excalibur(no coloring,no attachments),lato,braton and skana called deceiver.

It's fun watching people get confused when a rank 18 player joins with this loadout and still does the job.

As for losing the Brakk part, it happens i lost couple of detron parts this way, usually takes few hours to simmer down.

Edited by Morgax

So you're mad that guy could've crashed which resulted in a host migration and that is HIS fault.

If that's the case why don't you try sending a ticket I heard if you post the people you were with you might be able to get something that was lost.

MIGHT.

Though I think you're overreacting honestly. INb4 thread gets deleted

He didn't crash.  I was retrying the Sedna invasion again and they were 30+ kills into it less than 2 minutes later.

And I'm not mad about that.  I'm not even that mad he aborted.

I'm mad he tried to act like "it's just a game" is a valid excuse for it.

Reasons to play with just your Melee Weapons:

-The Achievment (why use excal? Maybe because you like playing with excal or because you are using the Syndicate melee augment)

-You just like playing pure Ninjasytle and just go with your Sword

Reasons to use an Excal:

-Hes actually pretty damn good

Reasons to use a Skana:

-You could like the Design (sure its not the best Sword but i for example don't enjoy certain good weapons because they look terrible in my opinion)

Well about the quitting part, maybe he crashed. And even if he didn't how was he supposed to know you got your reciever after such a long time? Don't get me wrong i hate it when people leave an ongoing game. But sometimes its not their fault (and its definitly no this fault that the game was an isntant fail after host migration)

Edit: And btw. try contacting Support about it. Seems like the Host migration is to blame here. Maybe they are kind enough and give

you your reciever anyway.

Edited by Evers

Ugh...I should've known this would all get off track.  Here's the point I was trying to make: "It's just a game" is not an excuse, ever, period.

What he did is not why I bothered to start a thread.  The fact that he just couldn't admit he was wrong/stupid/sorry is why I started the thread.

"Worse yet, both his Excal and Skana are max rank, so he's not even leveling them, he's just playing like a total idiot."

He's doing the achievement.

well, there are "better" places to do that, just do it in an earth or mercury mission 

EDIT: btw, one question: when u killed the G3, did he die or was he alive? if he was dead then I can understand, cos most newbies and idiots just leave after they're dead and consumed their revives for the day, this has happened to me several times, they just don't know about all of this hosting **** 

Edited by Kenshin98

If anything, this is just more of a reason why DE needs to fix the host migration system. Maybe it should sync some of the mission information to all clients when a particular flag happens (time passed, enemy count reached/rare item/mod picked up) so that if there is a migration, the game will remember "Oh, you did pick that up before the migration."

If anything, this is just more of a reason why DE needs to fix the host migration system. Maybe it should sync some of the mission information to all clients when a particular flag happens (time passed, enemy count reached/rare item/mod picked up) so that if there is a migration, the game will remember "Oh, you did pick that up before the migration."

I agree.  But still, the thread wasn't about the bug...it was about the other player's behavior after the fact.

Oh well.  I'm gonna just leave this here, I have things to do.  I was just trying to convey a lesson about player behavior.  I guess I shouldn't have tried that here.