Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Helping Me With My Geology Class

Desamos

Okay, and I'm taking geology, I'm sure its in astronomy too.

Odd then that planets of the solar system and dwarf planets are being taught in a class that translates directly to Earth-science or the study of earth. *shrug*

Good job on the test though.

Odd then that planets of the solar system and dwarf planets are being taught in a class that translates directly to Earth-science or the study of earth. *shrug*

I'm on chapter 2, the semester just started, it's a lower ge science class. It's an intro to the solar system.

There are forms of geology called Astrogeology or Planetary Geology which refers to the geology of other planets in our solar system.

Astronomy goes on a much more deeper level, such as discussing black holes etc. 

Yeah but ,believe it or not, if you ask most people that don't play Warframe about Ceres/Eris, they wouldn't have even heard those names before most likely.

Knowing the names doesn't matter though :p. I'm sure most people know Mercury isn't a dwarf planet so that excludes A and B, and most people know Pluto is/was/is/was ?? ??? ? ?? a dwarf planet so the answer is C. 

Edited by GitShrektM7

geology

Your teacher should be fired, and you should be moved down a few grades.

There are forms of geology called Astrogeology or Planetary Geology which refers to the geology of other planets in our solar system.

This isn't astrogeology either, so it's irrelevant.

Astronomy goes on a much more deeper level, such as discussing black holes etc. 

That's theoretical physics. I weep for our future if this is how well they teach in schools.

Just don't mention in American history that a native american assassin helped end the civil war by killing off a bunch of templars. You may not get a good score.

What you should be warning him about is not saying that Columbus didn't even set foot in North America, much less discover it. He landed in the Bahamas and Hispaniola, and explored along the Central and South American coasts. Leif Erikson discovered North America, specifically Canada, 500 years before Columbus. Some people think Phoenician sailors discovered North America even earlier than that. Pythagoras came up with the idea of the planet being round in the 6th century B.C., although it wasn't proven yet. Columbus owned a copy of Ptolemy's Geography written 1300 years earlier that said the world was round. The Sphere, written in the 1200's. was required reading in European universities in the 1300's. The shape of the planet was well known long before Columbus was born. It was proven in about 240 B.C. by Eratosthenes, who simultaneously also calculated the circumference pretty accurately. Generally speaking, knowing history is the worst way to get a good grade in history class. It's really more like a propaganda class. I got in trouble constantly for correcting my teacher. It's one of the reasons I dropped out and got a GED.

Edited by (PS4)Vorpal_Spork

Your teacher should be fired, and you should be moved down a few grades.

This isn't astrogeology either, so it's irrelevant.

That's theoretical physics. I weep for our future if this is how well they teach in schools.

What you should be warning him about is not saying that Columbus didn't even set foot in North America, much less discover it. He landed in the Bahamas and Hispaniola, and explored along the Central and South American coasts. Leif Erikson discovered North America, specifically Canada, 500 years before Columbus. Some people think Phoenician sailors discovered North America even earlier than that. Pythagoras came up with the idea of the planet being round in the 6th century B.C., although it wasn't proven yet. Columbus owned a copy of Ptolemy's Geography written 1300 years earlier that said the world was round. The Sphere, written in the 1200's. was required reading in European universities in the 1300's. The shape of the planet was well known long before Columbus was born. It was proven in about 240 B.C. by Eratosthenes, who simultaneously also calculated the circumference pretty accurately. Generally speaking, knowing history is the worst way to get a good grade in history class. It's really more like a propaganda class. I got in trouble constantly for correcting my teacher. It's one of the reasons I dropped out and got a GED.

That's cute, you try to post something kinda cute on the forums that relates to the real life world and you get people judging the education system and others about their life choices and what not. Go figure..