Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Hateful Warframe > Destiny Topic

rockscl

So, the introductory mission in both games is the same

Warframe:

You wake up in a golden personal glorious void chamber, fight your way to your ship, which is tied with wires, resting in a natural, amazing shrine from where no one could make it fly 

Destiny:

You wake up in a trashcan, your sentinel doubts you can even use a rifle, then you find a intact ship, which is also tied with wires, and has been resting, crashed on the roof of a building  with no noticeable damage and for some reason no one tried to steal it

Lee me see who copied who

Edited by rockscl

You wake up in a trashcan, your sentinel doubts you can even use a rifle, then you find a intact ship, which is also tied with wires, and has been resting, crashed on the roof of a building  with no noticeable damage and for some reason no one tried to steal it

Hahaha. So true.

No but really, I do enjoy Destiny. Well, I did until I completed everything. 

At the beginning though, you actually have to fight off some Fallen which are trying to salvage/dismantle/scrap/take the ship.

It's a shame that Destiny's original story seems to have been scrapped though. A real shame.

"Lets see who copied who" 

Goes on to explain absolutely nothing. Edit: By this, I mean you don't tell us what we're supposed to be discussing. We could discuss how this introduction only existed until after Destiny came out, or the fact that Warframe is older and the whole story has been in place (in one way or another) since the release of darkSector, so the whole opening sequence we're just seeing now has been in the making for years if anything. 

Does it matter? Destiny buried itself in a shallow grave with it's immensely intense grindwalls and non-skill based anything with RNG that makes this game shiver in it's boots. 

Also, all of the minute details that you, for whatever reason, forgot to mention, makes very major differences in plot and the story which allow the introductions to make sense. Like... 

Our Liset was not found it wires, our Liset was destoryed and we had to use this piece o' junk until we can find a replacement. 

We were not ressurected from the dead, we were awoken from our slumber. We didn't have Ghost ex Machina to guide us like we knew not a damn thing. We had Lotus ex Machina to guid us like we kinda had an idea, but only how to kill stuff. 

/rant

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Hahaha. So true.

No but really, I do enjoy Destiny. Well, I did until I completed everything. 

At the beginning though, you actually have to fight off some Fallen which are trying to salvage/dismantle/scrap/take the ship.

It's a shame that Destiny's original story seems to have been scrapped though. A real shame.

#BlameBungie 

meh, I don't care. Just about every fiction I've ever enjoyed can trace its roots to Lord of the Rings, and I've ceased to be annoyed by minor similarities between plots and themes

Finding similarities in story lines or trying to find flaws in a games design is just annoying. They never will be perfect, those who assume so have never tried making a game :p

I simply find it funny that people somehow thing that complaining will make them important, or fix what they are complaining about.

#BlameBungie 

To be honest I think that Bungie may be somewhat of a victim in the ordeal. From what I gather, the order to axe the original story came from above (Activision), and that the story had to be drawn out even longer than originally intended.

And that Activision wants players to spend $200 per Destiny "Release" (Destiny 1, Destiny 2, Destiny 3). The current plan seems to be: $60 for the initial game, $20 for each DLC, and $60 for the mid-point expansion (colloquially known as "Destiny: Comet"). 

The timeline is looking like this:

1. Destiny - $60 (Q3 2014)

2. C.End DLC - $20 (Q4 2014)

3. H.Wolves DLC - $20 (Q2 2015)

4. Destiny: Comet - $60 (Q3 2015)

5. V.Void DLC - $20 (Q4 2015/Q1 2016)

6. F.Gods DLC - $20 (Q2 2016/Q3 2016)