The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Vectis Shoots Too Slow?

Deus_X_Machina

or the comparison weapon too fast, or there is some other problem below that.

I compared Vectis to the Dread, as the Mechanic (1 Shot, one reload) is the same, and the Vectis felt slower, despite it having three times the fire rate on paper.

Of course the reload is a bit higher (0,9 vs 0,7), so there is that. But a 30% fast Reload should compensate for that (should result in a 0,63 reload)

I compared Vectis with Full Fast Hands and Full Speed Trigger, vs Dread with Full Speed Trigger.

the Dread is shooting aproximately 1/10 faster, with the Dread getting around 11 shots in where Vectis does 10.

And that is with Vectis having a small advantage in Reload speed, and a definitive advantage in Fire Rate (3 times that of Dread, Dread has 0,8 and Vectis 2,4; both with full Speed Trigger).

The faster shooting is starting with a not drawn arrow, and always shooting with a full drawn one.

I am not sure what causes this, but it might be connected to Bows having no "real" magazine.

I noticed there is a cool down between shooting and the reload starting with the Vectis. That might be the cause for the numbers being off

EDIT: Btw, maybe a "Weapon Bugs" Category wouldn't be wrong.

Edited by Deus_X_Machina

I noticed there is a cool down between shooting and the reload starting with the Vectis. That might be the cause for the numbers being off

This is at least part of the problem. If you press R immediately after firing you can skip this delay and jump straight to reloading. If you get the hang of it (I find it quite fun) you can drastically increase your effective fire rate.

Also as mentioned before me, the fire rate has no effect on the Vectis, although I did once hear someone say it reduces that delay before reloading.

Edited by CrossbowJoe

Fire rate does NOTHING for the Vectis at all. Only reload speed affects it. Utilized a Primed fast hands to get a super fast Vectis. Dread benefits from fire rate and reload speed mods. That is the difference you are seeing.

But the Vectis is a single shot weapon

You fire, then reload

Fire rate doesn't matter on it in the slightest unless you have more than one round

^

Incorrect.

If you do not manually reload, the game waits for the refire delay to be up before automatically reloading an empty mag. This is why manual reloads are faster. Having firing rate on the weapon improves refire delay causing the player to automatically begin the reload sooner.

If you don't plan on automatically reloading every single shot, avoid Critical Delay and use Shred in place of Metal Auger. If you're fighting lv25 or under I would even use vile acceleration with a pure damage build just for quality of life reasons, but I've never run the numbers to know if that's better or worse than fast hands modifying the actual reload time. Regardless, it FEELS a lot better to me as a player to fire and start the reload quickly than to stand there staring at an empty rifle even for the briefest of moments so I'll take firing rate over reload speed unless I plan to reload manually every shot (which is never for me).

In the low to mid 30's, including T4 non-endless, you can actually do a nice proc build because, according to players helping players, the proc effects land before the damage does. This means when you jack up your status chance (Vectis with event status/element mods can get REAL high, like above 95%) you can reliably one shot enemies by proccing corrosive, viral or magnetic on every shot, as opposed to crit builds that both slow you down and are less reliable.

I love my Vectis and have forma'd it many times. Maybe someone who cared to could set up a macro to Fire+Reload with just mouse1 but I've never tried. Crit builds are just bad though IMO. Way too unreliable even with Critical Delay. I just end up getting a bow out instead if a proc built Vectis won't do the job.

Edited by VKhaun

^

Incorrect.

If you do not manually reload, the game waits for the refire delay to be up before automatically reloading an empty mag. This is why manual reloads are faster. Having firing rate on the weapon improves refire delay causing the player to automatically begin the reload sooner.

If you don't plan on automatically reloading every single shot, avoid Critical Delay and use Shred in place of Metal Auger. If you're fighting lv25 or under I would even use vile acceleration with a pure damage build just for quality of life reasons, but I've never run the numbers to know if that's better or worse than fast hands modifying the actual reload time. Regardless, it FEELS a lot better to me as a player to fire and start the reload quickly than to stand there staring at an empty rifle even for the briefest of moments so I'll take firing rate over reload speed unless I plan to reload manually every shot (which is never for me).

In the low to mid 30's, including T4 non-endless, you can actually do a nice proc build because, according to players helping players, the proc effects land before the damage does. This means when you jack up your status chance (Vectis with event status/element mods can get REAL high, like above 95%) you can reliably one shot enemies by proccing corrosive, viral or magnetic on every shot, as opposed to crit builds that both slow you down and are less reliable.

I love my Vectis and have forma'd it many times. Maybe someone who cared to could set up a macro to Fire+Reload with just mouse1 but I've never tried. Crit builds are just bad though IMO. Way too unreliable even with Critical Delay. I just end up getting a bow out instead if a proc built Vectis won't do the job.

"if you do not manually reload"

But simply being able to manually reload and ditch the delay entirely makes fire rate mostly irrelevant.

Fire rate does NOTHING for the Vectis at all.

I guessed as much, but included Speed Trigger for the test to have both weapons as equal as possible for the testing. It is not included in my play loadout.

I didn't want anyone saying its dependant on that.

Probably the Bow shoots slower when both are without speed trigger.

But the main point is:

Fire Rate does nothing but is faster on the Vectis.

Reload Speed does something, and modded the Reload Speed was faster (a tiny bit) on the Vectis.

And the Vectis was still shooting slower. Even when the bow still has to be drawn after the reload.

Nice to know about the manual reload, although I do not really like it (might map it to the mouse if I use that, I will try it at least).

I still see it as bugged, a workaround doesn't change that.

Probably the Bow shoots slower when both are without speed trigger.

Maybe, but that doesn't matter. Bows do such tremendous damage that you can put Vile Acceleration on a bow and still one shot anything you point it at right into endless missions past 40min. Meanwhile Vectis has to stack pure damage and manually reload after every shot, make all headshots, and still not perform as well because of it's inconsistent crit.

I love my Vectis, but it has no number on it that argues with bows unless you assume a shooter who is just terribad at aiming arrows.

Also free punch-through for bows, as well as throwing bodies out of the way so you can see.

so much for me posting in this thread. everything is already written down here.

You can have the next one. :P

Edited by VKhaun