Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Chart Incentives, Let's Create Them!

cyrus106

Taxi services have gotten a little silly (see: Mercury alert taxis, my lord). However bashing taxi services is the wrong way to go. I propose we implement more incentive to unlock nodes on the starchart (I.E.: Reward bonuses for completing all of a planet's nodes, etc.). There is little to no incentive to play any of the starmap nodes except a select few, and I feel this problem should be addressed. Please feel free to discuss incentives for both veterans and new players alike to play anywhere on the starchart, not just a select few missions

Edited by cyrus106

Yes, a guy that finally gets it. I'm tired of listening to people complaining how taxi's are an issue, newbs are breaking progress etc.

Warframe's star chart progress is time consuming, boring, repetitive.

Edit: It's also unrewarding.

Edited by izzatuw

Mostly comes down to decentralizing rewards. DE already seems to be going that way. They buff dozens of missions and nerf the one OP one. The forums blow up about the "nerf" but among regular players the landscape is steadily shifting from "go there to get that" to "play any of these kinds of missions anywhere". Combine that with awesome new tilesets and I think we're already full speed ahead towards improvement in this area.

Edited by VKhaun

They've already started adding rewards to certain places, like the movement of the R5 cores. Of note, they themselves have also brought up the issue of a lack of loot table for other mission types versus Void/Derelict.

The reward here  is access to everything; alerts, extractors, nightmare missions, etc. If you have to ask for a taxi, you're just going to get left behind every time.

Yes, a guy that finally gets it. I'm tired of listening to people complaining how taxi's are an issue, newbs are breaking progress etc.

Edit: It's also unrewarding.

Also easy. Like really not a big deal whatsoever. The star chart is your oyster! Seriously, just do it. No reason not to.

Mostly comes down to decentralizing rewards. DE already seems to be going that way. They buff dozens of missions and nerf the one OP one. The forums blow up about the "nerf" but among regular players the landscape is steadily shifting from "go there to get that" to "play any of these kinds of missions anywhere". Combine that with awesome new tilesets and I think we're already full speed ahead towards improvement in this area.

Agreed, they have good intentions ,they just need to tweak a few things still

They just had a recent round of changes to eliminate a lot of redundancy by swapping maps and mission types on various nodes and at various level ranges, and we know of at least one more new tile set coming out to totally revamp a system (underwater). Plus crossfire bringing back multi-faction. Plus 4th faction. Plus the coming expansion of prime stuff out into the solar system. Plus rare containers and medallions letting you play rush or play explore as you please.

There are areas where I feel like the game is standing still, but this is NOT one of them. I'm very proud to be a DE fanboi when it comes to this topic. X-Ray AoE are dying, farm nodes are dying, key farms are dying, keywalls are dying...

Edited by VKhaun

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'd wait until I ACTUALLY see key farms die. Removing ONE keyfarm (hek) is not enough IMO.

Hek + we can get random key packs + prime parts coming to the solar system (for duck cats) + cores decentralized out of T4S and into all kinds of endless non-key nodes.

I'm not sure any key farms/walls are even going to be left after the prime stuff expands.

Unless you count Lephantis.

lol @ you if you count Lephantis. :3

Edited by VKhaun

Hek + we can get random key packs + prime parts coming to the solar system (for duck cats) + cores decentralized out of T4S and into all kinds of endless non-key nodes.

I'm not sure any key farms/walls are even going to be left after the prime stuff expands.

I don't count lephantis. My point is the void is still cluttered with crap and is STILL the go-to place atm. Don't count your chickens till they hatch.

This is great news, hope that doesn't mean they'll make Prime parts be farmed at X planet AND the void.

This is great news, hope that doesn't mean they'll make Prime parts be farmed at X planet AND the void.

I see it as mostly as a duck cat thing. I'm sure some things will still be found only in the void, just that if you need duck cats you won't have to go through a key to have a decent shot at getting them. If forma stays like it is, you might even have a better shot at finding duck cats outside the void than in...

(I.E.: Reward bonuses for completing all of a planet's nodes, etc.).

Excactly, the only reward we get are the excavators, but you have to buy the bp and craft them and the nightmare mode.

Why not make the lotus give a pack of ressources that come from the planete we complete. (you get a message like the invasion reward)

eg : for earth you could get,  if you finish all nodes (iam just throwing random numbers here)

- 5000 ferrites

- 500 rubedos

- 10 detonite ampules

- 5 neurodes

- maybe some credits

For a vet, that doesn't make a lot but for a newcomer that could be something

And if you finish all nodes from the solar system (253 missions if i check profile)

you get (again throwing random things) :

- an orokin reactor

- an orokin catalyst

- a forma

- a unique weapon or a set of mods

- a sigil (maybe you recieve that already)/ a random comestic

i'am sure this would make the players finish all node, because we like rewards and   -->253 missions<-- this is a lot of work.

we already have this kind of stuffs from random alerts that require far less effort.

Edited by Gilmaesh

There are already incentives in place to finish all nodes on a planet:

1. The ability to place extractors

2. Access to nightmare mode nodes on the planet

3. Each node grants Mastery experience

4. Access to any alert or invasion on the planet

I don't really think adding more incentives for completion are going to motivate those who don't do it already.

those aren't really rewards. 

You have to buy bp and build excavator, nightmare mode when you're a newcomer are not really a good idea, mastery node xp (14k for 253 mission lol), alerts they have taxi and you dont really have to finish all nodes.

I'm talking about real reward here, like end mission rewards/event rewards ---> weapons/ressources/cosmetics/credits

I remember a guy from blizzard D3 saying that what came up the most from a survey they did was that players wanted to feel rewarded. 

My first experience of a completed planete was not memorable at all

and i actualy thought lotus would send me a message :o

There are already incentives in place to finish all nodes on a planet:

1. The ability to place extractors

2. Access to nightmare mode nodes on the planet

3. Each node grants Mastery experience

4. Access to any alert or invasion on the planet

I don't really think adding more incentives for completion are going to motivate those who don't do it already.

The mastery gained is tiny, nightmare mods are obtainable elsewhere,excavators are pretty crappy from my experience with them , and people taxi to alerts anyway. None of that is SATISFYING

Maybe if, for each node completed, you get more credits, resources become less rare, a big check bonus and a pat on the head by Lotus....

You know, something to actually make you FEEL rewarded, instead of having the option to spend an insane amount of resources and credits on building an Extractor that isn't very useful

I'd say consolidate and simplify node chains into story lines per planet.

No one is going to do the bazillion nodes on Eris or Sedna when they're all basically the same set, plus the two or three people currently actually play. It's tedious and visually intimidating.

Have one chain of nodes circling the planet, starting from a relay, and ending on the boss assassination, and have one of each mission type as necessary. When you get further down the chain, it will split off into Dark Sector Survivals or Defenses.

Doing this will make a natural flow that will lead players to conclude planet chains. A. Following a storyline per planet B. Killing the boss for rewards C. unlock the endless missions that everyone really plays.

I'd condense those outer planets nodes down to something more manageable for players.

Ramp up the mission alerts, those draw players into events and fill those lifeless maps with some purpose.

Have the completed planets offer a specialized mod, weapon, and achievement only attainable by finishing them.

Place in quests and events specific to those planets that are only accessible after unlocking every node.

Clans would have access to a relay they could control and contest for like the solar rails. This Relay node opens on a certain percentage of your clan completeing the map. So you need atleast four players in your clan, or an alliance to have completed every node to be eligible.

Regardless, I hardly see anyone past Jupiter playing anything other than Archwing or an Alert. There certainly needs to be some sort of incentive, or reason to go out and face those 38-40 foes, to even put the time into becoming powerful enough to do so.

I think if you really wanted to be serious about getting players to finish every mission you could say that on completion you can compose a master void key that unlocks the void and all towers all the time.

That would certainely make players slog through to the end.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey