Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Psa On R5 Core Drops...

CrazyCatLad

Question

I did 3 runs (4? I don't remember) on Gamblii on Ceres last night - the Dark Sector Survival node.

I got two R5 Core 5 packs, one R5 core drop from an enemy and one 3 pack of Uncommon Cores.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not but it helped me ;)

No life strike though :(

20 answers to this question

They were added to Dark Sectors too when the droptables were fixed (@DE, they were broken for far longer than the seven days you claimed on Prime Time).

Yeah.  Yeah! You tell 'em! #roar

But yeah, I was one of the few who didn't freak out at the nerf. Just wanted to let people know they are dropping there, yo.

Yeah.  Yeah! You tell 'em! #roar

But yeah, I was one of the few who didn't freak out at the nerf. Just wanted to let people know they are dropping there, yo.

I did freak out a bit, but calmed down since then. DE does seem to want to move the to other places so people don't have to farm Void all the time and actually see other tilesets. Although I must say that selling your house before you buy a new one is silly.

I did freak out a bit, but calmed down since then. DE does seem to want to move the to other places so people don't have to farm Void all the time and actually see other tilesets. Although I must say that selling your house before you buy a new one is silly.

Things like that tend to happen when developing games like this where it's constantly changing.

I did 3 runs (4? I don't remember) on Gamblii on Ceres last night - the Dark Sector Survival node.

I got two R5 Core 5 packs, one R5 core drop from an enemy and one 3 pack of Uncommon Cores.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not but it helped me ;)

k

No life strike though :(

Now to fix that 25% rate! Give us a 50% chance and most of us would be happy

it's not fine when you need 528 of them

You can get ~95% out of a Prime mod at r9 for half the core cost. Most people deeply concerned over this are the ones farming cores to max prime mods to r10 and sell in trade for ludicrous amounts of plat at a redicilous pace. This causes market distortion and hurts more moderate players.

Core drop rates are net down, but raid rewards have yet to be revealed nor has the impact of the possible relocation of many prime parts across the starchart.

To do what exactly?

Level up prime mods you just got?

Because, prime mods are unnecessary and leveling something that can be called an 'end game' mod should not happen over night.

This is the most valid argument but at the same time it also makes no sense. Hell I sell mods to male my plat but it still takes me ~3 weeks to grind it out.(so that way I dont burn myself out). But another huge reason is tjat o cells, which are pointless to a majority of players who run t4s, were added and watered down an already diluted drop table. It isn't even worth farming t4s for ducats so there is almost no reason to run this mission after the prime parts you need drop.

This is the most valid argument but at the same time it also makes no sense. Hell I sell mods to male my plat but it still takes me ~3 weeks to grind it out.(so that way I dont burn myself out). But another huge reason is tjat o cells, which are pointless to a majority of players who run t4s, were added and watered down an already diluted drop table. It isn't even worth farming t4s for ducats so there is almost no reason to run this mission after the prime parts you need drop.

Well then no one can help you if you want instant gratification.  I support less grind and less RNG but new/shiny/powerful gear should not be able to be maxed in a couple of hours (of gameplay - unless you have endless amount of cores sitting around, that is).

Edited by Lanieu

Well then no one can help you if you want instant gratification. I support less grind and less RNG but new/shiny/powerful gear should not be able to be maxed in a couple of hours (of gameplay - unless you have endless amount of cores sitting around, that is).

Where did I say I wanted any of that? Over 3 weeks of game play = a few hours of play time to you? Are you a time traveler? I also said it was huge because t4s is almost worthless now, this is also a large part of people not enjoying the nerf.

You can get ~95% out of a Prime mod at r9 for half the core cost. Most people deeply concerned over this are the ones farming cores to max prime mods to r10 and sell in trade for ludicrous amounts of plat at a redicilous pace. This causes market distortion and hurts more moderate players.

Core drop rates are net down, but raid rewards have yet to be revealed nor has the impact of the possible relocation of many prime parts across the starchart.

YES MO YES! Keep making this point until people understand the true nature behind the R5 core problem

i know for a fact that one DC member has met a guy who doesnt get to play often because hes a real world adult with a real world job, and he has to travel all the time. Perhaps hes a truck driver i dunno... but this guy has agreed to pay 1500 Plat for maxed prime mods, for every mod released via baro, and only buy from this one player. so this DC member was doing 5 iirc 30m t4 survivals a day as his quota to max out the primed mods in between times the guy with the real world job gets to play.

Its completely fair, yet still... sorta unfair because not everyone a) has time to invest like that b) the gear to do it and c) the loyal devout customer with funds like that

so.. lowering the core rate does two things : makes primed mods worth more (not a bad thing i guess) and slows down the rate at which these uberhardcores / dedi's can max them, thus reducing the rate of plat earned by them.

theyre gonna make the plat either way so it isnt about that, its about the frequency at which they can do this.

on a separate note, the t4s missions arent worthless, there is still great xp and ducat fodder to be had!

on a separate note, the t4s missions arent worthless, there is still great xp and ducat fodder to be had!

Ok you can grind out xp much quicker with less difficulty with o ut having to use a key in quite a few other places. And this ducat fodder you speak of is difficult to obtain when you are getting o cells or forma bp's 4 times out of 5 then the prime part you do get is only of the 10 ducat varity

Where did I say I wanted any of that? Over 3 weeks of game play = a few hours of play time to you? Are you a time traveler? I also said it was huge because t4s is almost worthless now, this is also a large part of people not enjoying the nerf.

I misunderstood some of what you said, maybe.

3 weeks of gameplay = 504 hours

or

3 weeks of gameplay = a couple hours five or six days a week?

Three weeks of grinding to level up a Prime Mod to sell for plat seems good to me.  That's not the Warframe I play (as in, MUST GRIND TO SELL!).  

EDIT: To each their own, but I don't think DE wants their game to be played as such: Grind Void, Buy powerful mods, grind void, level up powerful mods immediately, sell powerful mods, repeat. 

Edited by Lanieu

I misunderstood some of what you said, maybe.

3 weeks of gameplay = 504 hours

or

3 weeks of gameplay = a couple hours five or six days a week?

Three weeks of grinding to level up a Prime Mod to sell for plat seems good to me.  That's not the Warframe I play (as in, MUST GRIND TO SELL!).  

EDIT: To each their own, but I don't think DE wants their game to be played as such: Grind Void, Buy powerful mods, grind void, level up powerful mods immediately, sell powerful mods, repeat.

Your edit may be right but it is a part of the game they created when they made plat tradeable. It's how I get weapon and warframe slots, cosmetics, potatoes and the like. It's what helps keep my interest in the game that I can get these thing without having to shell out hundreds of dollars. So yes something like this really did hurt a player like me in this game

Your edit may be right but it is a part of the game they created when they made plat tradeable. It's how I get weapon and warframe slots, cosmetics, potatoes and the like. It's what helps keep my interest in the game that I can get these thing without having to shell out hundreds of dollars. So yes something like this really did hurt a player like me in this game

Which is fine if you get plat that way, but there are also other things to sell instead of submitting yourself to that double grind of ducats and cores.

And for the shelling out hundreds of dollars - I am honestly baffled people do that.  It is nice of them, sure, but $75+ on a free game is absurd.  I think I've spent ~$32 on this game.  Disciple's founder and some on sale/discounted plat packs (all  before plat was tradeable) and I never dropped below 100 plat then.

I was a free to play player in Spiral Knights forever (probably 1000 hours logged before I used real money).  So I know there is grind and things aren't instant and you must compromise on buying what you want/need.  Plus, DE has made multiple attempts to remedy their balancing efforts so you'll be fine Tenno. Plus, 50 R5 cores today from alerts.