Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

My own personal Nyx Fix:

- Move Psychic Daggers down to 1 skill. Then make it not crappy-targeting.

- Create a new 2 skill. Something like "Mind Beam"; shoots a beam in a line in front of Nyx, like Frost's Ice Wave, that does damage to everything in that line. If the skill kills an enemy in that line, his mind explodes, causing his head to explode, and deal more damage to nearby enemies also in that line. Could almost cause a "psychic chain reaction" of exploding heads of used right.

- Keep Chaos right where it is. Mmm, Chaos.

- Make Absorb auto-aggro enemies and the reflected damage is done to them all, not distributed or anything like that. If she takes 200 dmg from Enemy A, B, and C, and 100 dmg from Enemy D, E, and F... that's 900 damage that should go to all 6 targets, IMO. ... And it should pulse through walls/cover so they can't hide from it.

My own personal Nyx Fix:

- Move Psychic Daggers down to 1 skill. Then make it not crappy-targeting.

- Create a new 2 skill. Something like "Mind Beam"; shoots a beam in a line in front of Nyx, like Frost's Ice Wave, that does damage to everything in that line. If the skill kills an enemy in that line, his mind explodes, causing his head to explode, and deal more damage to nearby enemies also in that line. Could almost cause a "psychic chain reaction" of exploding heads of used right.

- Keep Chaos right where it is. Mmm, Chaos.

- Make Absorb auto-aggro enemies and the reflected damage is done to them all, not distributed or anything like that. If she takes 200 dmg from Enemy A, B, and C, and 100 dmg from Enemy D, E, and F... that's 900 damage that should go to all 6 targets, IMO. ... And it should pulse through walls/cover so they can't hide from it.

I dont think replacing Mind Control would be a great idea... Maybe it should replace Psychic bolts...

Or maybe I read that wrong...

I dont think replacing Mind Control would be a great idea... Maybe it should replace Psychic bolts...

Or maybe I read that wrong...

I would kill if they took away Mind Control lol... It's one of the most useful "1" abilities imo late game. Sure it might not be useful early levels, but it becomes SO FREAKING USEFUL late levels (Just like Radial Disarm)

The only thing i find worrying about giving Nyx an agro during Absorb is that in Higher levels you can easily pull in 3000+ damage with a rank 1 Absorb and with an agro the damage could become a little out of control but, just things that would need to balanced. As for damaging through cover and buffs for Psychic bolts I'm all for it.

Edited by Dagger1316

The only thing i find worrying about giving Nyx an agro during Absorb is that in Higher levels you can easily pull in 3000+ damage with a rank 1 Absorb and with an agro the damage could become a little out of control but, just things that would need to balanced. As for damaging through cover and buffs for Psychic bolts I'm all for it.

Yah, but absorb isnt an instant ult that kills. If you have longer continuity, it would mean longer time for absorbing a.k.a (theoretically) more damage.

But the longer you stay absorbing, wouldn't you be able to do like atleast half or 3/4 of the damage already if your not absorbing?

Idk but you brought up a good point :)

So I picked up Nyx, and she became a favorite along with Mag. That's right folks, I now have two favorite Warframes. ( Out of  five...I must be hard to please.)

So I figured I might at least point out one of my minor, tiny peeves about Nyx currently...

It would be nice, and it's probably been said before---so what? I'm echoing, if I could change the color of ALL parts of Nyx. Not just half, not just 80%, but all of it

By the by...Anyone ever had a mind-controlled mob alert an entire ship of your presence?

Doesn't that seem kinda....dumb?

I think with nyx's psychic bolts it should be a reverse chaos type of thing such as it makes the enemies around her and teammates think their one of them and wont attack regardless if other enemies are shooting at them 

Having played nyx for a while, I've been loving ruining the enemy's day. After reading the op and the bit about absorb taking in melee damage somehow. I considered that "somehow" and jokingly came up with having absorb ripping the enemies limbs off and using them as damage fodder which quickly went to my suggestion of how absorb would take in "melee damage". basically any enemies inside the absorb field would have their hp drained away slowly (like the rate of a rejuvenation artifact maybe faster or even dependent on it's mod level)  which would in turned be used to fuel the end damage.

The next skill I considered a change/addition to is psychic bolts. What I though about was something similar to the op in terms of the "marking" bit. my suggestion would be for Psychic bolts to keep it's damage ,or lower it so the next bit becomes more effective, and to "mark" the targets for a short while (like 10 sec or so). What would happen to that marked targets is that any enemies near by would aggro and attack/kill that enemy. kinda like a short lived but controlled chaos maybe even having the marked targets take increased damage from friendly fire and/or from the players themselves.

Another issue that i have noted is that while under chaos or mind control, if they kill or are killed by their allies you and the party get no exp

and a final extremely minor note is that nyx does not recieve credit for enemies dying while under mind control/chaos. I couldn't care less towards kills/damage done at the end of a mission but it would be a bit better if nyx received credit for enemies killing other enemies due to chaos/mind control. Although considering it now, that could be why we're losing exp from enemies dying from those skills by other enemies.

TL;DR:

Absorb should drain hp from enemies in melee range, adding it to the final damage

Psychic bolts should cause enemies hit by it to suddenly get aggro'd by nearby enemies maybe taking more damage from them as an additional effect from the bolts

You should gain exp from enemies killing enemies due to mind control/chaos and optionally crediting those kills to nyx.

(as a note: enemies killed by your team while under chaos/mind control would still count as their kills. I'm talking about the enemies who kill their former allies)

I played Nyx in a long time, was the first warframe I got after the starter, and I have potatoed her, and I think she's great. True that the absorb ability is kind of useless, unless you play solo so the enemies attacks you, and yes the physic bolts I never really used since I can do more damage with my weapons faster.

But I actually don't think she should be made any diffrent anyways.

Edit:

Though 1 chance should be made, When using Chaos Ability, then when enemies kills eachothers it should still give xp, and maybe count as nyx kills too.

Edited by xKongenx

I'm really surprised Nyx hasn't been addressed even once in the livestreams and wasn't even touched for U9. Has Scott even read this thread?

I know I sent the thread-link to him in a PM so it at the very least has touched his attention assuming he reads his PMs. I don't send more than one as that can be considered harassing the dev-team.

I'm sure this has been said repeatedly...but it needs to be emphasized as much as possible. With 3 very underwhelming skills, Nyx is still vying for the position of "best frame" in the eyes of most. This points to a very serious power issue with her one remaining ability. And the first thing that needs to happen for her to see overall balancing is for that skill to be remade, which will allow everything else about her to be notched up considerably.

After testing out psychic bolts I actually like them as a 2 ability. The only thing that is HORRIBLY annoying in the pathfinding which sometimes decide to go TO THE FLOOR seriously wasting 3 bolts xD. Most of the time I just aim at the air (in open spaces) and I get free headshot damage which is also armor ignoring.

Psychic bolt is a good ability with a re****ed pathfinding. Fix either the pathfinding or let it go through walls, but in return let it lose damage when going through solid objects, to keep it in line.

Having an armor ignoring 125 damage per bolt (6 bolts in total 750 damage) against non-infested and 375 (2250) damage per bolt against infested. This also can be boosted by focus making it even stronger. I use this mainly to score free headshots by aiming at the air in open spaces or as a shotgun upclose against high value targets. Pathfinding still can be horrible making 2-4 bolts get destroyed in walls because for some reason your bolts even when still aiming up it hits the floor.

EDIT: I'd have to say extra that Nyx is a focused on CC frame that's why she isnt meant to do much damage. (So you can't compare to focused on damage frames like Excal or Volt, or even damage and defensive focused frames like Frost. Nyx's CC is godlike) Though Psychic bolts just have broken pathfinding. If they just fixed this it would be so much better.

Edited by R3leaZ

One thought on Mind Control (additional to all those things already said): Today I was fighting Corpus with my Nyx and thought "Hey, let's put Mind Control on a Shield Osprey, so I'll have a second sentinel boosting my shields" (at least, unless Dethcube get's bored and blows it up). So I tried this several times, but it didn't work. The Shield Ospreys kept boosting the Moas' and Crewmen's shields, until those had blown them up, but none of them came over and did this with my shields.

Since you are obviously able to control Ancient Healers to healing you and your team (I think, I read that somewhere), wouldn't it be nice if it worked the same way with Shield Ospreys? So when you use Mind Control on them, they abandon their Corpus friends and boost your team's shields instead. (Same mechanic for Leech Ospreys would be great, too.)

2) Psychic Bolts.

First, I'd rename them into Psycich Orbs. Secondly, i would make them function very differently: When activated, the orbs are simply oribtting around you in a circle. Then, when you AIM (Right mouse button), the orbs flies in a non-linear fashion towards the target point, giving you total control of where the orbs go! When you stop aiming, the orbs (if not destroyed yet) will go back to you and start spinning around you again.

Sounds like a good idea - although now, that would be pretty much like Nova's Null Star. So I'd rather keep them as "mental Kunai" - with similar properties (armor ignoring and such). But compared to Null Star or Ash's Shuriken, they are cost twice as much energy and deal less damage.

Since I'm on it: Why not have Psychic Bolts use the Kunai throwing animation (instead of that strange one now, that looks a bit like the Jackal firing his rockets)?

Allow free movement while Absorb is active.

That sounds like a very good idea. Being able to float around at ... idk, half her walking speed, while she's sitting in her sphere, so you can position yourself a bit better, perhaps reach more enemies. Yes, that might actually work.

Can anyone tell me if shade's cloak has been fixed with Nyx's absorb?

Not yet, sorry. First time I used Absorb, I was soloing with my Shade, got full aggro - and after a few seconds in the bubble, my Shade suddenly cloaked me. When Absorb ended, I did almost no damage to the Corpus around me, got full aggro again ... and died.

... enemies killing enemies due to mind control/chaos and optionally crediting those kills to nyx.

Since there already is a "Kill assists" counter for each warframe and weapon in your profile, those numbers could easily be added to the Mission Stats. With all enemies that died under the influence of Mind Control / Chaos showing up there.

Btw: Did I already mention ..?

Edited by Bibliothekar

Livestream #10, ~0:41:10

Rebecca: "And what about Nyx's Absorb? More aggro?"

Scott: "The amount of aggro on Absorb is currently at the top end ... Absorb is actually at the top end of what we can currently cause for aggro. So in order to make her aggro even stronger, we have to change the system [for that (? - too quiet)]. So currently it does aggro, it just doesn't aggro as much as we'd like it to."

I hope, Scott wanted to say "Reworking the aggro system is gonna be a lot of work, so it isn't top priority at the moment."

Edited by Bibliothekar