Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

Read the whole Thread and posts .. and u will Notice that i posted more than 20 posts ... so .. yyeah .. i wrote a great suggestions ...

Regards

It is common forum etiquette when asked to at least provide a link to the page your posts are on. I do so on the other forums I am on. In this case both of us are being lazy. You for writing a 1 sentence post that given the context of the page seemed out of nowhere and myself for not bothering to hunt through the other 13 pages to find your specific posts.

I found your stuff though, back at like page 7. I don't much like your idea of the exploding heads weather yours or not you agreed with it. Most of your posts were agreeing to what others have said.

So in kind regards to you. You may not like what is posted in these recent pages but we all are entitled to our opinions.

Edited by Estred

I love the ideas. Nyx looks very interesting to me, and from what I've gathered she really only shines on Defense missions. I'd love to see her be made more viable in all objectives.

Psychic powers are always the coolest in my opinion.

Edited by SlimShazbot

I think we have gotten a lot of good feedback on possible changes. Hopefully DE notices the amount of effort the community has put in and will implement some of the changes everyone has suggested. On a side note I think creating a pole similar to what they are doing to the design counsel would be an effective means of gauging the communities interest in certain skill changes over others.

Has anyone messaged the DE skill changes guy, I am blanking on his name, but if someone knows his account name I'll be more than happy to message him and let him know about this post.

I dont know how to create polls...

And I know the creative director is DE_Steve, and obviously DE_Rebeca is the community manager... and maybe Scott may be able to help cause hes the Design director.

I dont really know who else that would be able to help with this...

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

I dont know how to create polls...

And I know the creative director is DE_Steve, and obviously DE_Rebeca is the community manager... and maybe Scott may be able to help cause hes the Design director.

I dont really know who else that would be able to help with this...

there is DE Stuff .. idk the profile name exactly .. but

there is DE Stuff .. idk the profile name exactly .. but

I already sent a PM to the right dev with a link to this thread. I have yet to hear back but I know at least one dev has seen it (I accidentally sent it to the Sound-Dev first)

I've never played Nyx, so i will just comment on the Ability Absorb.

There should be an aggro mechanic on it and go through walls.

The New description should read something like: Nyx forms a bubble that absorbs all damage done to her and releases it as some sort of mental attack

(the description would clarify that goes though walls). 

This will make her absorb more inline with her description of being able to control the enemies minds and not a telekinetic power.     

I already sent a PM to the right dev with a link to this thread. I have yet to hear back but I know at least one dev has seen it (I accidentally sent it to the Sound-Dev first)

Awesome thank you, I am curious to see what they say. 

I don't think it doesn't deserve its own thread so I'll post it here:

I had an idea for a replacement/reworking of Psychic Bolts.

Confusion

While functionally similar to Psychic Bolts in the sense that you throw out a handful of mental daggers with slight homing capabilities at the enemy, instead of being pure damage oriented, these daggers apply a confusion effect on the target. When thrown a number of bolts are tossed out in a cone in front of Nyx and seek out nearby enemies. Upon impact, the target is dazed and slight damage is dealt. The more bolts to hit a single target, the longer the stun is applied to that target. Each rank of this either power increases the duration of the stun or increases the number of bolts thrown (not sure which would be more balanced).

I felt it fit more with Nyx's psychic theme than a generic damage dealing power.

Feedback?

Edited by SlimShazbot

I don't think it doesn't deserve its own thread so I'll post it here:

I had an idea for a replacement/reworking of Psychic Bolts.

Confusion

While functionally similar to Psychic Bolts in the sense that you throw out a handful of mental daggers with slight homing capabilities at the enemy, instead of being pure damage oriented, these daggers apply a confusion effect on the target. When thrown a number of bolts are tossed out in a cone in front of Nyx and seek out nearby enemies. Upon impact, the target is dazed and slight damage is dealt. The more bolts to hit a single target, the longer the stun is applied to that target. Each rank of this either power increases the duration of the stun or increases the number of bolts thrown (not sure which would be more balanced).

I felt it fit more with Nyx's psychic theme than a generic damage dealing power.

Feedback?

She has a skill that causes Confusion; it's called Chaos.

Though good try for coming up with an idea. The benefit is Chaos sort of stuns them and makes them hurt each other. I would rather have my damage on Bolts as it is her only real Damage Skill because of how finicky Absorb is to use.

Yeah, give Nyx some love!

Of all Warframes she feels the least balanced (yeah, even more so than Trinity since Trinity's a full support Warframe and got invincibility).

Her ultimate really sucks and puts you out of the fight too long for too little gain. Her most effective power - Chaos - actually is a penalty on other players.

I really love the combo idea of Chaos & Absorb tho it's pretty costy.

My Suggestions:

Absorb:

- make it go through walls

- let other players get weapon XP for firing at the orb as a real incentive to do so

- increase the orb's size with the amount of damage it absorbs to a visible maximum

- increase its range with the amount of damage it receives

Chaos:

- let the enemy's friendly fire/kills give XP to the players nearby! On defense missions I just use it as last resort not to penalize my group mates.

Chaos Bolts:

- make em slighty faster (but slower than Shuriken)

- increase end damage to 150

Mind control:

- none. it's fine as it is

Oh yeah, I forgot how Chaos messes with XP rewards. If it must cut XP then just have it be an XP reduction % like 20 percent. We shouldn't really be penalized for using our skills unless we use them wrong.

I think people have given excellent ideas. Now DE has to act or at least respond to the feedback. Every livestream they have mentioned warframes on the queue for improvements, but they never mention Nyx.

Well, the reason why they never mentioned Nyx is probably because she's pretty damn strong even with only two properly functional skills. While I do dearly want them to fix up the bugs (and rework Absorb), there's warframes that need to be rebalanced more urgently.

Sit tight. DE has showed that they do listen to the community, I believe. It's just a matter of time when they pick her up for fixin'.

Sorry if someone mentioned this before, (cuz i'm too lazy to read through 15 pages of posts)

But it would be nice if they was some better way to distinguish mind-controlled enemies, so other players know these guys are on our side.

It is hard for other players to tell the difference between mind-control aura vs. Ancient Healer's heal aura.

Chaos is fine with the holographic tenno.