Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Continue To Fix Nyx... (These Are All Comments Now)

Deaths.Reap3r

Now that I will concede. It is a far superior CC skill than Rhino's stomp and honestly I would say Stomp needs a major buff.
Honestly until I got a Rhino I had assumed Stomp was a high damage skill and not meant for CC, I sold Rhino.

If you guys want to nerf Chaos again, then make Absorb and Psychic Bolts useful.

In terms of Absorb I'm thinking about a taunt and redirecting all collected damage to everyone around you. Meaning not dealing each individual's damage to themselves, but all and ignoring walls.

That's OP you say? Then give it a maxed absorbed damage. Like 1200, to be increased by focus. That way it would be in line with other ultis, while still remaining a high risk/high reward ability.

Psychic Bolts? Gimme 10 of those and make them do 150, I'd be satisfied.

That's again OP you say? Cost is 50, deals 5*125=625 damage atm. Ash's Shuriken is at 2*500=1000, costs 25, is easier and faster to cast and can deal headshots as well as penetrate.

With 10*150 it's 1500 with double cost, higher difficulty to use and without the ability to penetrate and deal headshots, but only 50% more damage. Sounds fair to me, and would finally give Nyx something to deal damage with by her own.

I wasn't reading the whole thread, so in case someone already suggested something like this I'm sorry for repeating.

No, we dont want a nerf to Chaos. Rhino Stomp needs a buff.

If you guys want to nerf Chaos again, then make Absorb and Psychic Bolts useful.

In terms of Absorb I'm thinking about a taunt and redirecting all collected damage to everyone around you. Meaning not dealing each individual's damage to themselves, but all and ignoring walls.

That's OP you say? Then give it a maxed absorbed damage. Like 1200, to be increased by focus. That way it would be in line with other ultis, while still remaining a high risk/high reward ability.

Psychic Bolts? Gimme 10 of those and make them do 150, I'd be satisfied.

That's again OP you say? Cost is 50, deals 5*125=625 damage atm. Ash's Shuriken is at 2*500=1000, costs 25, is easier and faster to cast and can deal headshots as well as penetrate.

With 10*150 it's 1500 with double cost, higher difficulty to use and without the ability to penetrate and deal headshots, but only 50% more damage. Sounds fair to me, and would finally give Nyx something to deal damage with by her own.

I wasn't reading the whole thread, so in case someone already suggested something like this I'm sorry for repeating.

i dont know .. but i didnt like ur ideas ESPECIALLY give absorb dmg limit << HELL NO !!

and for the Fixes .. the listed Fixes in the thread are pretty awesome

I agree on the fact that Absorb has to go through walls.

As it stands right now it is really irritating to kill one enemy while the rest is behind cover. or just a door.

Another fix to absorb that is needed is the range of it. It is very short and being fixed is also a very limiting factor.

Thus i propose that when absorb is in effect, the range of the after-blast would be the range by which the furthest shot was absorbed.

This can lead to some friendlies abusing the power, but the range would be like an oval.

There would be a fixed start range and it would extend toward the direction of the furthest shot taken.

Finally about the psychic botls, this one skill is very much a fail.

It is amazing devastating on the phorid as it can go through shields and deal a substantial amount of damage.

Can psychic bolts atleast go through shields(ignore it ) and bounce once if the bolts were to hit any surrounding object which is 10 meters away from the frame/user?

Damage wise, 150 is fine and 6 bolts instead.

Wow, lots of people thinks Nyx is underpowered.

I agree there are certain quirks like with Absorb not going through walls and with Shade that should get looked at. Psychic Bolts should definitely go through walls (either that or fix their atrocious tracking) and all that should be done to Mind Control is reduce the stun time. Most of the time you mind control something and it's killed by its own allies by the time it comes out of stun. Kind of pointless.

But on the whole it isn't the frame I would be pointing fingers at saying FIX! THIS IS REALLY BROKEN because it's not really. Chaos is one of the most dependable skills in the game, even after the nerf, Absorb is the only ability to scale with enemies (making it useful long past even Saryn's ult's limit) assuming the situation allows (nothing hiding behind cover), and Mind Control has several uses from distraction to delaying to healing.

So yes, Nyx needs a few tweaks, but for god's sake let's fix Rhino and Loki first eh?

I agree there are certain quirks like with Absorb not going through walls and with Shade that should get looked at. Psychic Bolts should definitely go through walls (either that or fix their atrocious tracking) and all that should be done to Mind Control is reduce the stun time. Most of the time you mind control something and it's killed by its own allies by the time it comes out of stun. Kind of pointless.

But on the whole it isn't the frame I would be pointing fingers at saying FIX! THIS IS REALLY BROKEN because it's not really. Chaos is one of the most dependable skills in the game, even after the nerf, Absorb is the only ability to scale with enemies (making it useful long past even Saryn's ult's limit) assuming the situation allows (nothing hiding behind cover), and Mind Control has several uses from distraction to delaying to healing.

So yes, Nyx needs a few tweaks, but for god's sake let's fix Rhino and Loki first eh?

Damn. I SUPPORT YOU HANDS DOWN *bows* Rhino and Loki were my first two warframes... I can't believe all that these frames have gone through... But I surely will not ask for like buffs to make it Oh-Pee again, just some reworks to at least make it a decent frame.

Thus i propose that when absorb is in effect, the range of the after-blast would be the range by which the furthest shot was absorbed.

If this is done and especially if taunt or bullet attractor like attributes are added it would be awesome AoE. The only thing I wonder is would we want the damage spread:

Evenly across all targets in the area, which would kill or greatly wound weaker targets and basically leave stronger ones with paper-cuts

Proportional to the targets health so that tougher targets take more damage and weaker ones less, will almost never kill any of them

Proportional to the damage absorbed from the enemy, targets who's damage outstrips their defense will be shredded if not outright vaporized

The fact your mind control target gets killed by other enemies before it comes out of stun boggles me as that only happens when I sue it on a weaker enemy which i rarely ever do as it makes more sense to target something beefier that can survive against a hoard of the others. I have the opposite problem of mind control timing out or my target surviving long enough to prevent me grabbing a more high profile target and in the mean time not doing anything useful.

The fact your mind control target gets killed by other enemies before it comes out of stun boggles me as that only happens when I sue it on a weaker enemy which i rarely ever do as it makes more sense to target something beefier that can survive against a hoard of the others. I have the opposite problem of mind control timing out or my target surviving long enough to prevent me grabbing a more high profile target and in the mean time not doing anything useful.

I can use it on Ancients (due to Infested needing melee range) and Corpus Techs (due to their insane health and corpus doing little health damage).

Even Grineer Heavy Gunners, in a situation you might want to use it, don't last long enough for their guns to spin up. Perhaps this is because I have Continuity which may increase the stun time, but that mod is the most useful for Nyx so should be assumed is equipped. I'll time it when I get home.

PSYCHIC BOLTS

psychic bolts  is terrible - i can cast it at an enemy directly infront of me with my crosshair 90degrees to the ground and the bolt travel straight to the floor.

i used to be able to cast it up in the air and it was most of the time quite effective- now it seems to just travel directly up and dissipate in the sky

Phorids psychic bolts seem to be really quite accurate and will travel around corners of objects to hit its target- nyx should be the same.

dont see a problem with the power cost except that its a wasted amount of energy most of the time.

needs to ignore shields armour and directly attack the health points of the enemy.

ABSORB

absorb is also terrible, i have noticed alot now that my shields wont regenerate while in the bubble-

the damage output is low to the fact that the enemies will fire 3 bullets then hide behind cover-

high lvl defense waves i am stuck in a bubble for about 15 seconds only to come out of it dead

shade stops it from being usable.

@ developers - its is seriously broken as an ultimate ability, please work at getting it fixed.

ty.

Just started to level up my Nyx again after using Forma (I was playing Saryn for quite a time). And: if you take a look at this thread, you really start thinking Nyx is terrible underpowered, but she isn't at all.

Psychic Bolts may not be the best ability, but it has it's moment. (For example whether you use Paris, on lower levels you can take out multiple enemies at once - something that only works with Paris when they all stand in a line.) And all Absorb needs is a larger area while channeling the attack. Let's say like Snowglobe. So the attack can be used as a shield for your mates (and for you ofc), and it would boost the teamplay-aspect of the game.

Just started to level up my Nyx again after using Forma (I was playing Saryn for quite a time). And: if you take a look at this thread, you really start thinking Nyx is terrible underpowered, but she isn't at all.

Psychic Bolts may not be the best ability, but it has it's moment. (For example whether you use Paris, on lower levels you can take out multiple enemies at once - something that only works with Paris when they all stand in a line.) And all Absorb needs is a larger area while channeling the attack. Let's say like Snowglobe. So the attack can be used as a shield for your mates (and for you ofc), and it would boost the teamplay-aspect of the game.

Using her currently and find that chaos is always the life line of Nyx. When you see a bunch of enemies running to you, you can use absorb and risk them not shooting(aka the corpus every time or the rest run and start whacking you with their guns, what odd people).

See enemies far away, realize you are in a closed space, only mind control or chaos can be used. Finally in a large empty space, use physic bolt, stuns enemies and deals 125 damage. Enemies hardly die and continue shooting at me =/

Even absorb at close range is an absolute risk due to super thin walls and an open door. Like what?!  The most success with absorb i ever had was killing 8 enemies when chaos can make atleast 10 of them kill each other. Psychic bolts can't work close range, they need good open areas to release their true power without worry of failure.

Overall Psychic bolts and absorb have alot of potential but they are very situational. Chaos grants a 3 second stun and enemies diverting most of their attention away from players. It is a breather that has a guarantee.

It is like slash dash which has your guarantee or blessing which also does the same thing. Link, iron skin, invisibility, shurrikien, decoy etc etc. This abilities have an absolute form and function which have low risk factors to being useful. Most of the other skills have so much of a risk factor it is no point using them. Thus they seem underpowered but in actual fact lack reliable skills.

The more reliable skill the frame has, the more powerful it would seem to be because it can display more than one power in the mission.

So Nyx being underpowered is not the idea, it is the fact her two skills, absorb and Psychic bolts(mainly these two) are broken with a mechanic that provides such a large risk factor involved to their successful use, they are more or less broken or useless.

Edited by Jacate

Was talking with council members at least a bit on Absorb. We were in agreement that it is not her ultimate, Chaos is. The issues with Absorb were as the OP stated.

- No tuant, so you usually expire the timer before absorbing much damage at all.

- Enemies hide the second it is about to fire.

So as one would guess, it should taunt and perhaps penetrate object, but not walls.

Also +1 to Psycic Bolts getting buffed/changed, they are worthless atm. I know I don't use em on my Nyx.

Was talking with council members at least a bit on Absorb. We were in agreement that it is not her ultimate, Chaos is. The issues with Absorb were as the OP stated.

- No tuant, so you usually expire the timer before absorbing much damage at all.

So as one would guess, it should taunt and perhaps penetrate object, but not walls.

Also +1 to Psycic Bolts getting buffed/changed, they are worthless atm. I know I don't use em on my Nyx.

Not wall? Have you seen what does closed drops do even when their open?

Wait wat! Absorb wont be Nyx's Ult? WAT? I dont like that idea, because imo Absorb has the potential to be the MOST badass Ult in the game. Like how can chaos even compare to something like absorb? Even though chaos is obviously better, how can it compare to the badassery of absorb?

Wait wat! Absorb wont be Nyx's Ult? WAT? I dont like that idea, because imo Absorb has the potential to be the MOST badass Ult in the game. Like how can chaos even compare to something like absorb? Even though chaos is obviously better, how can it compare to the badassery of absorb?

Never said it was not going to be her ult nor that it was totally worthless. What I am saying is we agreed that it really needs a Taunt attached to it, it's damage is 100% based on the damage you take. Not taking damage completely nullifies the skill.

Also I have been spamming Psy-Bolts for the last 5 hours (level 2 versions so 100 damage a shot with 4 shots, they lock on to the most out of the way enemies. They don't pierce the level either, smaller objects yes but not the level. So I shoot at a room full of targets (15 of them) and the ONE enemy that is a floor below me attracts 3/4 bolts, they immediately hit the ground and fizzle (no damage for 50 energy).

So what I propose is either make them go through all environment and leave them as is for damage and homing or seriously look at how it picks its targets. Also I have yet to actually get a good Absorb Blast off. Badassery means nothing if you can't use the skill. Don't get me wrong Nyx is currently my 2nd favorite frame (top being Banshee).

Edited by Estred

I've read what most people have said that needs to be changed and honestly, you guys need to keep your creativity in check. I would suggest making smaller suggestions for the fixes because the bigger the change is the more likely it is to take longer to happen or just not happen at all.

So i suggest that

Absorb should be able to go through walls and (if possible) have a taunt.

Psychic Bolts should deal more damage OR cost less energy to use.

Mind Control should be a Volt's Shock where it's a targeted and has a small burst effect.

Chaos is fine the way it is.

Edited by ZekeTiki

I've read what most people have said that needs to be changed and honestly, you guys need to keep your creativity in check. I would suggest making smaller suggestions for the fixes because the bigger the change is the more likely it is to take longer to happen or just not happen at all.

So i suggest that

Mind Control should be a Volt's Shock where it's a targeted and has a small burst effect.

Eh, Mind-Control is fine the way it is too. Maybe a small extention in time up to 20 seconds. The big issues are Bolts and Absorb.

I would be happy if they just made Bolts go through the environment (ignore collision) just like Shuriken. The lower damage makes up for the fact that you throw more. Please note Environment Objects, not the Level. The targeting should not pick up enemies in other rooms.

Edited by Estred

for bolt and absorb as someone stated earlier, going through objects would be great. but not walls as i can see that being highly exploitable (randomly throwing bolts to kill everything in a stage without leaving the first couple rooms.) but especially for absorb, the enemy taking cover should have no bearing on the 'revenge' damage the receive. they shot you that much, they should pay for it - no escape. oh yea and of course absorb aggro and turn off shades cloak script when the move is used so Nyx users aren't forced to use the other sentinels (not that i have a problem with them, i just like my shade).

So i suggest that

+1

You rock

So... Im going to go straight to the point.

ABSORB

Nyx's absorb is as UNDER POWERED as a nugget in a biscuit.

So. A way to fix it?

Well. I read in another post called Nyx Fix or Fix Nyx or something, that absorb should be moved to the 3rd power and chaos to the final.

Then in another post I read, absorb should have a percent taken damage output crap. Like out of 100% input 75% of the damage you output

NO. NO. NO!

Absorb imo is one of the most bad@$$ ult's there is.

It just needs some fixing/buffing.

BUFFS/FIXES:

To fix/buff absorb without making it OP as sh!t, I think that when you use absorb, all enemies stop fighting other players and attack nyx. That way, theres no base damage which would make absorb pretty much not absorb but just a attack sort of thing that also gets stronger. I can already see something a bit exploitable with this setup, and thats, if you use absorb and every enemy attacks, then your team mates can shoot at them and kill them all while the enemy is shooting at you.

A way to fix it? Simple.

I read on the wiki, that team-mates can shoot at you, and that damage dishes out in absorb too. So, to fix the above statement, just have it so that all bullets/arrows that are being shot at the enemy shooting nyx gets redirected towards nyx's absorb. As for melee damage toward enemies shooting nyx, im not sure atm how to fix that.

PLEASE PLEASE Make absorb go through walls and objects. Ive had many cases where absorb kills that 1 odd grinner and the rest of the little S#&$s are still hiding behind cover. PLEASE. This wont even make it OP too because most Ult's DO go through walls and objects.

GLITCHES:

1. It doesn't work against melee. (Im almost 100% sure).

Well atleast I KNOW as a fact that it doesn't work against infested when I use it.

Fix: Make absorb take in melee damage too (Actually come to think of it, maybe double damage for melee).

(Sorry if this ability does work against infested and melee, but Im really sure it doesn't cause I tried it tons of times)

(Just tell me if it does though)

Edit: Its also ironic if it actually doesn't work and its just me, because you get nyx from killing an infested boss...

2. SHADE. GOD DAM YOU SHADE.

Thats all.

No really. God dam shade.

When I use absorb with my shade that I JUST FINISHED MAKING, SHADE DECIDES TO GOD DAMN Cloak me.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF (im atheist) GOD, make it so that only shade becomes invisible and not you, so that way the shade cant get shot at, and you will. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

PSYCHIC BOLTS

I'll go straight to the point. They are underpowered.

So all that needs to happen is give it a buff by making them go through walls, and have them do about half the damage slash dash does.

And after thats finished. Make them cost less. Like 15-20 energy...

Edit: Yo dawg I heard you liked exploding heads...

So another idea to make physic bolts better would be to mark those enemies it hits.. It would do the same damage as of now and same everything, but just marks them. Then when a player kills that enemy it will have a 50% chance at maximum to explode like thunderbolt for paris.

That way it would hurt nearby enemys and maybe even kill another "marked" enemy and making them explode and creating a chain.

I have to agree with you on psychic bolts. They don't do much damage and they cost 50 energy, which is pretty high for a skill that doesn't destroy. On Absorb, maybe it should draw aggro towards the user and have an on and off button (like press the skill again) so if the mobs die then you can just cancel it and not waste time. Some ideas of mine.