Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 10 Mods Should Have No Limit. Solving Most Of Current Problems.

Nesit1

Where did I say that? It's common example. Most of people are crying, why they can't max primed mods, when they actually don't need it. Same here. Just a lower level.

You know when people go to the Forums usually and write something? When they want to complain. So all you see is the fraction of Players who can't do it. But who goes to the Forums and opens a thread and says I can max all Primemods?. When you have nothign to complain about you don't write about it. Thats why you just see crying posts about people who are not able to. Hell they are able to they just not patient enough or don't have enough stamina to do it.

And i told you before it isn't impossible you ahve to think longterm. One day if Warframe last long enough there will be Players who will be able to reach such numbers and then good luck when you want to start this game as a new palyer.

You can't balance soemthing that has no maximum. Thats why Games always have a maximum level so Developers can balance the Game. If you don't want to understand it ok but i tried to explain it to you more then once now, im out.

Edited by Evers

You know when people go to the Forums usually and write something? When they want to complain. So all you see is the fraction of Players who can't do it. But who goes to the Forums and opens a thread and says I can max all Primemods?. When you have nothign to complain about you don't write about it. Thats why you just see crying posts about people who are not able to. Hell they are able to they just not patient enough or don't have enough stamina to do it.

And i told you before it isn't impossible you ahve to think longterm. One day if Warframe last long enough there will be Players who will be able to reach such numbers and then good luck when you want to start this game as a new palyer.

You can't balance soemthing that has no maximum. Thats why Games always have a maximum level so Developers can balance the Game. If you don't want to understand it ok but i tried to explain it to you more then once now, im out.

I gave you numbers. That's not possible. Even at long tems. There will be many of other mods. Many of other stuff to do. Just people's lives. This 2x scaling makes a huge difference. 1 thousand of maxed serrations just to have 2x more damage? Serious Lee. Only mad player will do that.

Edited by Nesit1

Who will do that and how much time it will take? Just think about it. So low efficiency of spending time. Only mad players will do that.

I don't need to think about it, your idea is so bad sooner we will have naked grinner doing rick roll dance while you ride on your my little pony to fight with your sailor moon nova unprime. Than your idea will get implemented.

There are primed mods thats what you ask for, maxing those takes butload of time, they get released on 2 week intervals, and there doesn't seem to be an end to them in the sight.

I don't need to think about it, your idea is so bad sooner we will have naked grinner doing rick roll dance while you ride on your my little pony to fight with your sailor moon nova unprime. Than your idea will get implemented.

There are primed mods thats what you ask for, maxing those takes butload of time, they get released on 2 week intervals, and there doesn't seem to be an end to them in the sight.

But people want to max 'em all. See those topics crying? You won't see one, because there won't be end for even single mod. But there is currently "end". People see thix max-rank and want to obtain it. That's bad.

I can't understand you. What are those people who will keep grinding for this HUGE amount of time?

Talking about motivation. It's seriously demotivating having Blind Rage not maxed to R10. I just don't have enough cores and credits to do this. If I won't have limits, I will stop thinking about it, and live happy life.

1. Veteran players who've been playing for years will be capable of taking even a theoretical unlimited mod to incredulous heights. Hell, there are players able to sell multiple copies of 10-ranked Rare mods at times. Do not underestimate what enough dedication could do. 

2. That may be what you think, but not how may others will. They will see people with Rank 20 or other mods and actually be even more demotivated because they realize they can never sink enough time or money to reach such a level.

If the intent is to cause people not to worry about maxing a mod, having a mod suddenly have infinite ranks is the wrong way to do it. All that'll do in people's minds is shift what a "maxed" rank mod means, and since this is theoretically infinite now suddenly the hurdle to "maxing" a mod seems much higher. As I iterated, it'll just make the game seem more of a grind than it was before. 

You say that you're demotivated by your Blind Rage not being Rank 10. How do you think new players who see or hear of players with Rank 20+ mods will feel about only having their mods "only" at Rank 6? This is not removing the problem, this is actually making it worse. People would then complain about them not being able to max out mods in the first place!

As for me, I'm perfectly content with my 10-rank mods being underlevelled *at the moment*: since I know that they max out at 10 ranks, I have a concrete goal to work towards, and I know that with enough time I can max them out eventually, thus ending the grind for one particular mod at least. It took me a year of playing to even rank up my Vitality and Redirection mods to maxed rank, but it was satisfying to know that I finally did max them out. If those mods have had no limits I would've torn my hair out due to never being able to "max" out such a mod. 

1. Veteran players who've been playing for years will be capable of taking even a theoretical unlimited mod to incredulous heights. Hell, there are players able to sell multiple copies of 10-ranked Rare mods at times. Do not underestimate what enough dedication could do. 

2. That may be what you think, but not how may others will. They will see people with Rank 20 or other mods and actually be even more demotivated because they realize they can never sink enough time or money to reach such a level.

If the intent is to cause people not to worry about maxing a mod, having a mod suddenly have infinite ranks is the wrong way to do it. All that'll do in people's minds is shift what a "maxed" rank mod means, and since this is theoretically infinite now suddenly the hurdle to "maxing" a mod seems much higher. As I iterated, it'll just make the game seem more of a grind than it was before. 

You say that you're demotivated by your Blind Rage not being Rank 10. How do you think new players who see or hear of players with Rank 20+ mods will feel about only having their mods "only" at Rank 6? This is not removing the problem, this is actually making it worse. People would then complain about them not being able to max out mods in the first place!

As for me, I'm perfectly content with my 10-rank mods being underlevelled *at the moment*: since I know that they max out at 10 ranks, I have a concrete goal to work towards, and I know that with enough time I can max them out eventually, thus ending the grind for one particular mod at least. It took me a year of playing to even rank up my Vitality and Redirection mods to maxed rank, but it was satisfying to know that I finally did max them out. If those mods have had no limits I would've torn my hair out due to never being able to "max" out such a mod. 

Well. That's a single answer, which got a true point, why am I not true. You got exactly what I was worrying about, thanks.

There are still many of issues though. Those veterans can't do this, that's by numbers. + worrying about some people's builds and time they spend - is the last thing people should worry about. There are always "better" players, right?

Personally I feel happy, when I hear about those guys farming cores every day. I'm glad, that I'm not one of 'em.

Anyway, your answer is wisest of all.

No no... These stat buffs are just artificial grind/time sinks. You get stronger mods to fight stronger enemies... BUT... They are the same enemies with the same mechanics, AI, etc... Just more HP and armor... Where does it end?

Oh and... FYI, each level requires double the amount of fusion energy as the level before.. So.. Rank 11 = 1024 cores, Rank 12 = 2048 cores, etc.

You really want rank 20 mods? I mean I don't care personally I've got legendary cores lol, but if you want to waste your life collecting cores and credits go ahead. XD

I'm not against reasonable Rank 10 serration or the Rare Rank 10 mods. They give us a sense of achievement and are a rite of passage for us Tenno. It just got stupid ridiculous with Primed mods AND greater difficulty collecting cores. It's lazy development to simply change a few stats and call them a new mod. In the past 2 years I've supported this game I've grown to expect more creativity with the Warframe team. I hope there's much more going on than these direct upgrades of the same old mods. Again it's no big deal to me, but I am worried about new players not feeling competitive enough and simply burning out too quickly from fusing mods that they miss the actual fun of this game.

DE needs to beng the Ninja feels back into this game. Not increase our strength and increase enemy armor and HP... (which is Power Creeping of course.)

Edited by sushidubya

I'm reading a bunch of power creep comments, and I'm sure we all know this to be true.

Add-on: A reduction of whichever increase it is, divided by two, which then divides itself by two again, ad infinitum. The lowest it could go would be when it would naturally want to truncate down to 0, which it would instead round up to its first non-truncate-able number. (not even an integer, but just xx number)

This way, if a mod naturally increases by 6% each level, then further rank ups would go 3%, 1.5%, .75%, .375%, etc. until the lowest flat rate is achieved. Kudos to someone if they can get a mod passed the point where any achievable combination of Forma and Aura would be able to allow such a mod. I mean, at 60 points--with no aura--the time spent to get that one singular mod to that level is nigh unachievable, and inefficient for mod space.

I just don't get why people want to push power creep so much. I mean if we throw balance out the window what's the point of playing a game? At that point you're just clicking buttons  arbitrarily because power creep will guarantee success. Accomplishments will be even more a measure of time spent grinding and kill off what little skill requirement that the game has.

There will be a power cap to any mod, that is rank 120 for a single mod if the item is forma'ed and potato'ed. The maximum mod capacity of an item is 120 mod capacity assuming every slot is forma'ed and a potato is added.

So technically speaking every mod for such a load out can cost between 14 to 120 mod capacity for the most efficient build which deals ridiculous damage. Assuming if point strike can be made to rank 26(cost 30 points) along with a vital sense and hammershot to rank 26(cost 30 points), a 3 forma'ed dread with 45 mod capacity used would have an absurd 338% critical chance with a critical damage multiplier of 18.3.

So your dread even with a rank 14 serration would be dealing 335 times its original damage per shot! a 530 damage dread would deal 177,491 or 177k damage per shot! That can't be balanced and would allow players to insta-gib anything up to level 1000 on average.