Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Tonbo(Giri)!

Orbister

That was my thought as well.

A blade on the end of a stick IS an effective weapon. I have studied Halberd, Naginata and several spear forms. Reach MATTERS in a melee fight. ESPECIALLY if you are fighting things that attack close up. Say... subverting their targets by touch, taking control of any tech on their targets or something like that?

Not that I WOULD want to fight the Borg with a bladed stick, mind you...

Then fight them with a bladed lamp post :3

That was my thought as well.

A blade on the end of a stick IS an effective weapon. I have studied Halberd, Naginata and several spear forms. Reach MATTERS in a melee fight. ESPECIALLY if you are fighting things that attack close up. Say... subverting their targets by touch, taking control of any tech on their targets or something like that?

Not that I WOULD want to fight the Borg with a bladed stick, mind you...

The Macedonian phalanx and later the Swiss pike men squares were quite troublesome (for your enemy) and very effective battle formations. Reach does matter!   

The Macedonian phalanx and later the Swiss pike men squares were quite troublesome (for your enemy) and very effective battle formations. Reach does matter!   

Roman legionnaires did NOT rely on the sword. They used the spear FAR more often. Both for thrusting and throwing.

I WOULD like to see a 'javelin' type of primary weapon. A throwing spear. (Roman Pilum anyone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilum Puncture weapon that disables enemies as well as damaging them)

Until then? I am going to enjoy Serro, Orthos and Tonbo as well as Bo, Amphis and Tipedo (which I STILL think should have been classified as polearm, but they made it from a staff, so I guess it has to be a staff... *sigh*).

Edited by Kalenath

Reach matter, it's a fact. And that makes me think about how we don't have a ... right enemy to properly fight melee in WF, that's sad. The Stalker are funny when he uses the Hate's combos, it's a nice fight, but we don't have more guys to do it.

Reach matter, it's a fact. And that makes me think about how we don't have a ... right enemy to properly fight melee in WF, that's sad. The Stalker are funny when he uses the Hate's combos, it's a nice fight, but we don't have more guys to do it.

Not yet.

Might be... interesting to see all of the Boltor Prime fanboys suddenly start to cry if their primary (and only used) weapon is suddenly negated for part of the mission and they have to fight hordes of melee enemies who corrupt with a touch.

Edited by Kalenath

Not yet.

Might be... interesting to see all of the Boltor Prime fanboys suddenly start to cry if their primary (and only used) weapon is suddenly negated for part of the mission and they have to fight hordes of melee enemies who corrupt with a touch.

Hold back the horde the old fashioned way? Where do I sign up?

*sharpens sword*

KAWAII DESU DESU DESU

thats what i know from your people's language sorry, i dont really know what youre saying so here's an irrelevant response

And what is "my people"? do you even know me? or you are just disrespectful to random people based on your own poor judgment and prejudices?

Also if you really do not understand the message nobody is forcing you to respond.

Not yet.

Don't say that D: 

One time I go primary and melee (my beloved Braton Prime) to Earth to take some Neurode and make some tests with mods, and a Drakk Master take away my gun. For the rest of the mission I was unable to find her again, only fightning with a poor low level melee that I was leveling up.

And there I learn to dodge and block.

And there I learn to dodge and block.

And THAT puts you ahead of a LOT of people in game who think that spraying and praying is the ONLY way to go.

Me? I use all of my weapons FAR more than my abilities. I prefer the bow and sniper weapons myself. But I STILL get the 'OMG that is COOL!' feeling when I slash an enemy in half.

Edited by Kalenath

A good example is all of the nodes of the starchart - many of them are moons of their respective planets, but others can range from things as obscure as geographic regions on Earth that have some sort of resemblance to the location, to varied active/extinct mythologies from numerous cultures around the world.

like Europa's nodes are named after demons.

Looks more like a Guandao to me tbh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guandao

So no Tonbogiri but rather a Green Dragon Crescent Blade

Orthos is a Guandao... but then again it's a double ended.

Edited by faustias

And what is "my people"? do you even know me? or you are just disrespectful to random people based on your own poor judgment and prejudices?

Also if you really do not understand the message nobody is forcing you to respond.