The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have An Idea On How To Fix The "power Creep" That Is Inevitable In Every Mmo.

Mesyra

Here is an easy solution: start balancing properly. Then the game will become better with more equally viable weapons and better difficulty balance. And  people will stop complaining.

And when a single weapon is twice better than everything else in its class - it needs to be nerfed for any sensible balance. Likewise when a weapon is twice weaker than everything else in its class - it needs to be buffed, and not by meager 20%

This is EXACTLY what we have right now. EXACTLY why there is forma and resetting weapon lvls after formaing. 

You forma it and level it over and over so you can have a six-formaed Boltor Prime and get it to "hit the max rank" -- i.e. to achieve the highest possible DPS with that gun. 

Your plan fixes nothing. 

you miss read. A players Rifle Skill =/= the particular weapon's level.

OK guys here's why DE can't just go out and "Balance" everything. They stated this in a Dev stream.

And I quote: " If we balance a weapon like Boltor prime to do much less damage, it won't just hurt the endgame of the game, but also the playerbase due to the people who have invested time into that weapon. The more popular a weapon becomes the harder it is to nerf it. Nerfing a weapon everyone has invested in can turn players off to this game causing them to leave."

The DE feels that if they just nerfed all the "OP" weapons it would cause players to leave and nerf endgame as a whole due to limiting how they can implement things. Weapons need to be more powerful than eachother that's just how weapons work.

I feel personally they should just add more powerful weapons for endgame, to give variety. Right now the Endgame pistols we have all but one of them has a limited range so why not the DE add a powerful pistol that can do endgame damage at longrange but is weaker then the other shortrange pistols. Synoid Gammacor's weakness is its limited range. The DE doesn't need to nerf weapons that allow us to endgame, they need to add more to increase the choice.

I am not against nerfing weapons, but the DE doesn't feel that's the way they should balance the game. I agree nerfing all weapons to the same level is stupid because it gives NO variety between them. 

Edited by Feallike

OK guys here's why DE can't just go out and "Balance" everything. They stated this in a Dev stream.

And I quote: " If we balance a weapon like Boltor prime to do much less damage, it won't just hurt the endgame of the game, but also the playerbase due to the people who have invested time into that weapon. The more popular a weapon becomes the harder it is to nerf it. Nerfing a weapon everyone has invested in can turn players off to this game causing them to leave."

The DE feels that if they just nerfed all the "OP" weapons it would cause players to leave and nerf endgame as a whole due to limiting how they can implement things. Weapons need to be more powerful than eachother that's just how weapons work.

I feel personally they should just add more powerful weapons for endgame, to give variety. Right now the Endgame pistols we have all but one of them has a limited range so why not the DE add a powerful pistol that can do endgame damage at longrange but is weaker then the other shortrange pistols. Synoid Gammacor's weakness is its limited range. The DE doesn't need to nerf weapons that allow us to endgame, they need to add more to increase the choice.

I am not against nerfing weapons, but the DE doesn't feel that's the way they should balance the game. I agree nerfing all weapons to the same level is stupid because it gives NO variety between them.

There is already a long range one weaker than the short range ones, vaykor marelok Edited by cyrus106

I said "broken" meaning how you interpret corrosive projections utility one can make a case as to why its usefulness could be scaled back, in regards to that though all CP does is compensates essentially a warframe in order to reduce the enemies armour, even if they nerf that better players will have the same effect just without the aura. The amount of mr18s who don't own CP is frighteningly high, its used by tryhard t4 survivalist and defenders for the most part in all reality.

Things are honestly not that out of balance I don't come across any of these supposed issues in day to day play, people are idiots and need to focus on getting better at the game before complaining and suggesting things hey have no comprehension over.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your first paragraph at all, especially that long first sentence.

Second of all, try not to make assumptions about how good people are at the game. You think it's the ones who find it most difficult complaining our weapons are too powerful?

There's probably always going to be power creep. It's like an arms race in real life. Ammunition would help with these weapons. Like for instance what caliber are these weapons we are using? 9mm,10mm? 223,308,45,40,? Weapons that shoot specific ammo are gonna have advantages and disadvantages. I realize there can only be so much realism in a game but it would put weapons in a category so if you pick that weapon you'll know the limits of it. Weapons like the boltor prime, it's a mini rail gun so there's no way a 223, 308 etc. Could compete with it. the amprex is a lightning gun so it's gonna do specific damage, the list could go on and on. I'm guessing these factors weren't thought of in the beginning. But maybe something like this could help with weapon balancing.

There was an older version to gun modding, it didn't work that well.

And my opinion, Warframe has it's own unique system, what they could do, is increase mastery lvl requirement for top guns, like synnoid gammacor 15, bows 8, idk ...

Edited by gvidzix

WHY FORUMS WHY?!?!?!?

Go ahead, keep bumping a thread with by saying "Bad Idea," ignore any other ideas on the Forums. I tried to be more creative and come up with a balance system that encourages Progression and makes all weapons equally viable, but whatever I'll take no comments. I understand that it may be a bad idea, but at least I tried something different. 

So go ahead, keep bumping the troll (I am only posting because this is already at the top of the Forums, so no really bumping).

If you are interested (which you all are apparently not https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/406463-balance-all-weapons-but-still-leave-progression/

"its pve so screw balance" is a childish arguement. Bring something productive to the table

It's not a childish argument at all.  People who disagreed with this argument are the reason why ME3 MP died and fell into the hands of a few elite players and became absolute trash that was way too hard for anybody to enjoy.  

It is PVE, the only thing that should ever be nerfed unless we're 1 hit killing everything is the enemies themselves.  

PVE is not even poorly balanced in this game and if it is its in the favour of the cheaty enemies who constantly knock you on the ground by stomping or with their hooks, even though they're tentacle monsters they can wield grappling hooks just fine... steal your energy every 2 seconds and take away all your powers because you walked near them, knock you weapons out of your hands, basically do everything that makes you not even able to play the game... or when they elementally start damaging your whole team with circles on the ground just because they're Magic Eximi who can hang around...

Or the T4 Capture targets who can 1 shot a Rhino P with 1200 shield, 600 health and iron skin using a Lanka.  

Or the Corrupted Lancers who can do the same to a Rhino but with 3 bullets.  

Or Archwing missions which you can't even get better at because you're limited by how bad it is and how OP the enemies get later on.  

Or...

Yeah... I'm pretty sure the only thing OP in this game is the cheaty enemies.  I miss before Damage 2.0 when things in this game were actually able to be OP... there is no such thing as OP anymore because you go over to the End missions and you will get wrekt hard almost regardless of what you have.  

There was a time I could Rhino stomp and clear 3 adjacent room son Pluto.  Now if I stomp I'm lucky to do 1/10 of their health in damage and suspend them in the air.  Mind you Rhino isn't best for end game I'm just saying.  We used to actually be OP.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

I think I should do a little bit of clarification for this idea, I have a better plan.

firstly: I want to address the idea that is: if all the weapons act the same (i'm assuming DPS wise) there will be no variety. this is completely and utterly false. if all the weapons have the same DPs, you arent forced into the min/max rut of *boltor P & synoid gammacor only* you can take a karak and a lex, or a hind and a kraken.

secondly: I do not want to limit choices of frames, so scrap that idea. 

thirdly: addressed in the section below, I also do not want to limit the choice of weapons for end game players, I want to make it more open, so read below.

my refined idea is that all weapons start with a low-ish amount of DPS for low level players (level 1) and as you level your weapons will do more damage, so a player who's rifle level is 30 will have a boltor P that does 30k DPS, but a level 1 will only do 1k DPS (this would be with mods and obviously not an actual balanced number, just a reference point for the idea.