Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Final Fantasy Xv (15) Gameplay Demo Shown

TheErebus.

Just how many Final Fantasy games is Square Enix going to produce before thinking, "Alright, that's probably enough. I should stop now."?

No, really, it feels like Square Enix is addicted to Final Fantasy. 

15 (main) final fantasy games yet (almost) all of them seem to be great games.

If you ask me, they should make more Deus Ex games.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

I'll have to finish watching that some other time, but yeah, subs would be nice, just in case they are talking about the game.

Other than that the game looks absolutely amazing! I love how the world is more open-world/sandbox looking and the fact that  the combat is no longer a turn based combat system, turn based just felt old and outdated even for Final Fantasy, niche, but outdated.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Just how many Final Fantasy games is Square Enix going to produce before thinking, "Alright, that's probably enough. I should stop now."?

I don't think this is fair criticism. Each Final Fantasy is its own universe, its own storyline. Each one can stand on its own as a great title. To imply that they're milking the franchise would indicate that they are resting on the laurels on one success (they did this a bit with FF7 though). 

I'll have to finish watching that some other time, but yeah, subs would be nice, just in case they are talking about the game.

Other than that the game looks absolutely amazing! I love how the world is more open-world/sandbox looking and the fact that  the combat is no longer a turn based combat system, turn based just felt old and outdated even for Final Fantasy, niche, but outdated.

The only TBG (turn based) I enjoy is Persona. Because to me, they do it right. 

I don't think this is fair criticism. Each Final Fantasy is its own universe, its own storyline. Each one can stand on its own as a great title. To imply that they're milking the franchise would indicate that they are resting on the laurels on one success (they did this a bit with FF7 though). 

Very true, a good example of milking would be Persona 4. Two fighting games (both were just astonishing games) and now a dance game coming out for it. 

An RPG --> Two fighting games --> Dancing game

And all because it was the most successful RPG at the time.

Very true, a good example of milking would be Persona 4. Two fighting games (both were just astonishing games) and now a dance game coming out for it. 

An RPG --> Two fighting games --> Dancing game

And all because it was the most successful RPG at the time.

Don't forget the Golden re-make, and two separate animes. I love Persona 4 to death, but they overdid it a little, yah.

But there is a point where Square Enix starts scraping the bottom of the barrel with that, and that started off with FF11 or FF13. 

And 15+ games of Final Fantasy? I would think that Square Enix is being a bit too comfortable in it, and probably use the name for getting better sales. 

And 15+ games of Final Fantasy? I would think that Square Enix is being a bit too comfortable in it, and probably use the name for getting better sales. 

The name is actually kinda funny, because the creator of FF named it Final Fantasy when it really would've been the last game he would ever make. And then when he decided to quit FF, he went on to make The Last Story (another great RPG) which really was his last full game that he'd make.

FF games stopped being good a long time ago. The abortion that was FFXIII was a good example of that. They should have stopped with the series around X, XII at best.

The biggest irony, however, is that SE's western publishing devision is not bad at all (DXHR was a pretty solid game by modern standards. It will never get anywhere near the cult status that is the original DX, but still). SE Japan, however, has no effin clue what they are doing. They wouldn't be able to find their arse with both hands if they had to.

FF games stopped being good a long time ago. The abortion that was FFXIII was a good example of that. They should have stopped with the series around X, XII at best.

The biggest irony, however, is that SE's western publishing devision is not bad at all (DXHR was a pretty solid game by modern standards. It will never get anywhere near the cult status that is the original DX, but still). SE Japan, however, has no effin clue what they are doing. They wouldn't be able to find their arse with both hands if they had to.

I have no right to say things about whether the old FF games are good and if they still hold up today, because to me, none of them were appealing. 

But personally, FFXV seems to stepping into the right direction and taking the game into a new level of what FF can achieve.

Phasing weapons? Modern styling? Dafq is this? Will there at least be chocobo?

Meanwhile nintendo releases another mario family game. Is he even a plumber anymore? How long until his license expires?

They also managed to pull fire emblem back from the brink but like FF it doesn't look so good anymore.

At least they stopped Valkyrie profile....arfter it came out on the DS.

Nope. They said the game will be a lot more darker and more set in modern ground than the previous games. Which I like, I really dislike "fantastical" fantasy games.

FFVII was "modern", assuming you consider dystopian steampunk modern, but I suppose that's just a matter of taste. As for the darker part, I don't think anyone who has been a long time around SE developped titles can trust them on that one. As far as I'm considered, it will end up being just another FFXIII, trying desperately to come off as serious and grim, yet ending up being something you just can't take with a straight face.

Yeah, some of us are very, very jaded. :P

FFVII was "modern", assuming you consider dystopian steampunk modern, but I suppose that's just a matter of taste. As for the darker part, I don't think anyone who has been a long time around SE developped titles can trust them on that one. As far as I'm considered, it will end up being just another FFXIII, trying desperately to come off as serious and grim, yet ending up being something you just can't take with a straight face.

Yeah, some of us are very, very jaded. :P

By modern, they meant that a lot of the fantasy things like Chocobo will not be present, to make it more serious.