Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Players (Solo Mm Self-Queue) Vs Auras

SilverZs

As a mixed MM player (I like getting in the pubs, but I also love my SOLO) I would like to make the following:

A quality of life improvement to SOLO players:

Any equipped aura on a solo player (in the SOLO only MM self-queue) could we have the auras doubled/tripled/quadrupled while playing solo?

This hurts no one and only improves the solo experience.

I would also like to suggest when playing SOLO as well, if a spectre is used, it be granted a random aura (tbd off the aura the player is currently using) such as:

Energy siphon (main aura x2/3/4) Spectre deploys Regeneration aura (at regular strength/or half strength)

Regeneration aura (main) spectre deploys flat Energy siphon (1.0 flat variable)

Etc... etc...etc

~Or an alternative idea~

Base aura would be multiplied 2.5x and instead of spectres providing the second aura, it would be by our companion.

Companion aura would be influenced by the type of companion (Energy Siphon for Sents[1.0 strength] and Regeneration for kubrows [regular strength])

Edited by SilverZs

The numbers are just a throw-out to be honest...

I think a 2x would be nice, 3x great, 4x glorious.

I can't see how this 'hurts' anyone... so I see no problem with it being added. We can already pause the game by hitting esc.

and to base it by the numbers... we can have 4 players in a party total (8 with the new raids)... so even the 4x multiplier isn't essentially 'breaking' anything, we're just getting a maximum strength aura... without the 3 other Tenno/sentinels in the match with us.

Edited by SilverZs

+1

4x would probably be too much but even 2x would be huge.

By huge... I hope you mean huge improvement :D.

TBH I just chatted to a friend about this... and he had some great feedback.

Base aura would be multiplied 2.5x and instead of spectres providing the second aura, it would be by our companion.

Companion aura would be influenced by the type of companion (Energy Siphon for Sents[1.0 strength] and Regeneration for kubrows [regular strength])

By huge... I hope you mean huge improvement :D.

Absolutely!

I'm pretty much strictly a solo player (I've helped a low MR player once or twice) due to having terribad latency, probably a lag of about 1-2 seconds.

I'm not fond of the first idea (not against it as well) but that doesn't matter since I really doubt DE will implement it 

I would also like to suggest when playing SOLO as well, if a spectre is used, it be granted a random aura (tbd off the aura the player is currently using) such as:

Energy siphon (main aura x2/3/4) Spectre deploys Regeneration aura (at regular strength/or half strength)

Regeneration aura (main) spectre deploys flat Energy siphon (1.0 flat variable)

Etc... etc...etc

that on the other hand, i'm more ok with it. Specters need to be more useful

Anything to help out on the outer ring. Solo city out there.

Kind of a valid point... but thats an entirely different point anyways.

This would be only active if you choose to engage the SOLO MM self-queue only... not help populate those other missions.

Team Game, although you can solo the game is designed around the team game play aspect not the solo. Somethings you simply are not going to be able to solo.

This does not mean its completely off the table. Ever. I do not consider this a valid argument on any level.

Team Game, although you can solo the game is designed around the team game play aspect not the solo. Somethings you simply are not going to be able to solo.

I spent 37 mins waiting for a group on one mission today and gave up trying after 45 mins on another, and thats asking for help in chat besides simply hitting public and waiting. A team game?? Only if you are on peak hours and or doing a tower mission or something else with a high payoff, if you just want to do every node on every planet trying to find a group on some is harder than trying to find an honest politician. So yes PLEASE make solo a more viable option.

I spent 37 mins waiting for a group on one mission today and gave up trying after 45 mins on another, and thats asking for help in chat besides simply hitting public and waiting. A team game?? Only if you are on peak hours and or doing a tower mission or something else with a high payoff, if you just want to do every node on every planet trying to find a group on some is harder than trying to find an honest politician. So yes PLEASE make solo a more viable option.

Yes... it can be hard to find groups, and to the point in question; games are for the most part, always funner with friends. 

And yes, some content is not meant to be soloable in any way shape or form, but on the flip side, it also means most content is intended to be complete-able by a SOLO player. Also, to be frank, to me the concept of stealth is truly more fun on a SOLO experience... especially in the new SPY 2.0 lay out. Quietly in, quietly out. Stealth kills, stealth takedowns galore, getting to the room not setting off an alarm or being spotted (using Loki or Ash doesn't count!!!) is an achievement in itself. And thats virtually impossible in a 4 man team (especially in pubs) even if everyone is on the same page.

I feel that is why the SOLO element exists...  to provide challenge as well as immersion into the 'role' or 'world' we play in. Ninjas are sneaky.

This change would give the SOLO player a slightly larger edge going into the missions and I really don't feel that its a gigantic buff to be honest, sure the aura is stronger (and the potential for a companion aura weaker then the original) however, you're still lacking the outright firepower of three (3) other Tenno, not mentioning their companion, and all of their powers to boot.

Edited by SilverZs