Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shared Mods Within Weapons And Sentinels

Demdemeh

a very simple solucion is a mark\icon in the mod when we are modding a frame weapon or a sentinel weapon

Mods that are already equipped on a Sentinel weapon shouldn't appear at all or at least be marked as unavailable in the mod selection for your own weapons and vice versa, even if the weapon that the mod is used for isn't equipped at the moment.

i'm perfectly fine with the Mods not sharing, however... the fact that the Mods don't have ANY sort of notification as to what they're currently Equipped on, or if they're Equipped on anything.

being able to identify what things Mods are Equipped on seems like basic functionality.

Any of these ideas could be implemented with little effort/coding. They managed to tick the mods that go in the exilus slot, why not the same for equipped mods on sentinels? +1 to some kind of QOL change to this.

Oh yeah, forgot it's not "new content". Looks like this is going on my pipe dream list.

Any of these ideas could be implemented with little effort/coding. They managed to tick the mods that go in the exilus slot, why not the same for equipped mods on sentinels? +1 to some kind of QOL change to this.

what's frustrating is:

- in the previous look of the Mod System, there was an icon on each Mod (that wasn't explained at all and if you didn't know it existed you'd never find out but that's a different matter) that was Equipped on something that had a Tooltip that would show every single thing it was Equipped on. as well as the icon being on the Mod meant it was Equipped on something, ofcourse.

- and in the current system, when in your Mod Collection, there is a little Hexagon on ~ the center botom third of the Mod that shows the Mod is Equipped on something. doesn't have the tooltip anymore, but atleast it shows it's Equipped on something.

except, that icon doesn't show when you're in the Upgrade Menu - THE ONLY GODDAMN PLACE THAT IT REALLY MATTERS.

aside from having that functionality back... if you can't Equip a Mod due to conflicts between items, the game already knows this... why doesn't it just 'gray out' that Mod so you know you still have it, but it's telling you "hey this won't work".

Edited by taiiat

I'am joining the crowd even though that's not really a bug, just a QoL thing.

Maybe make the mods that are used by a sentinel grey? you even wouldn't have to roll over them to know which one are used by the sentinel.

Or make specials mods for sentinels only like kubrow, but i'm not sure people would be ok with that :D

edit :

- and in the current system, when in your Mod Collection, there is a little Hexagon on ~ the center botom third of the Mod that shows the Mod is Equipped on something. doesn't have the tooltip anymore, but atleast it shows it's Equipped on something.
except, that icon doesn't show when you're in the Upgrade Menu - THE ONLY GODDAMN PLACE THAT IT REALLY MATTERS.

hum, maybe it's a bug after all 

Edited by Gilmaesh

Man the system really irks me.  Like at first it was well "they can't use the same mod because it is installed elsewhere"  so then I thought ... yeah okay I'll just have to get dupes.   Then when I get dupes it is hard to tell which one is working on what weapon, and then even if I make them different ranks the system still gets pissy about it. Like if I have a rank 10 serration on penta and then a rank 9 serration on vulklok it says "Cannot use because serration is installed on X" But they aren't even the same rank. 

For me it feels like don't use deconstuctor if using a melee build, don't use use burst pistol if you have a secondary. Don't use sweeper if you have a shotgun and don't use the rifles if you are using anything rifle based.

I mean maybe it was meant to be like that, but somehow I really don't think it was.  

Despite the checks in place you can still put the same mod on two different items, but it won't apply the effects.