Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Wanted To Now,has Anyone Actually Enjoyed My Designs?

GunDownGrace

Whether or not DE respond or even acknownledge where they get ideas from is completely up to them.   Though in the case with Zephyr they clearly had inperation based on a fan concept.   And even gave thanks to that player in game (plat and i think some cores?  eh post is around/archived somewhere xD)     But even then.  Perhaps the Devs that were on the livestream weren't the ones that made the image?  Or even knew if the image came from insperation from something that was seen on the forums.   DE has a fairly sizable staff now, broken into areas of expertiese.  Some are jack of all trades.  The design might have come from seeing a piece of your work, but unless notes are passed on.  Not everyone on staff is going to know where the idea came from,  if the idea even came from a fan concept.  

Dont give up, young sculpt padawan.

O.O this is amazing,i didnt expect such a massive upwelling of support from the community,thank you guys,you made me feel so much better

and to that one guy (im still working out how to put in fine detail without crashing sculptris)

Maybe you could try different program? I use Blender on my daily basis and its very stable unless I give it some crazy computations.

Well, it's just like giving feedback or reporting a bug. You make a thread prepare all necessary information in it and then post it.

I've given a lot of feedback over the time I've been on the forums, but up to this point I have no clue if even a single word of it has been read with only one exception, which happened to appear on a CHT.

What you seem to expect from DE is being given credit for some of the design of the sentients, but you don't know if they actually used your fic as material. If they actually did use it, then it wouldn't be nice to not even tell you about it, but as stated, don't jump to the conclusion that they did use it too quickly.

In the same way I could ask to be given credit for suggesting to buff the crit chance of the Grakata which they added, but it's not like I know that it was my suggestion they used. They may have used another or even have come up with it on their own.

Regardless of that, you shouldn't outright expect to be acknowledged by the devs. There are tons of people writing fanfics or come up with designs for weapons, warframes, enemies etc.

How many of them do you think were ever mentioned by devs?

Don't design to be noticed, design because you like designing, which Xarugas stated quite well in his post.

But now I shall stop my evil post.

I'll ask you the same, do you like your designs? do you think they are perfect and extraordinary? do you think they are the best you can do? if the answer to any of that is no, keep working, you don't ask for attention, your art must do that, your art must attract attention.

Well, it's just like giving feedback or reporting a bug. You make a thread prepare all necessary information in it and then post it.

I've given a lot of feedback over the time I've been on the forums, but up to this point I have no clue if even a single word of it has been read with only one exception, which happened to appear on a CHT.

What you seem to expect from DE is being given credit for some of the design of the sentients, but you don't know if they actually used your fic as material. If they actually did use it, then it wouldn't be nice to not even tell you about it, but as stated, don't jump to the conclusion that they did use it too quickly.

In the same way I could ask to be given credit for suggesting to buff the crit chance of the Grakata which they added, but it's not like I know that it was my suggestion they used. They may have used another or even have come up with it on their own.

Regardless of that, you shouldn't outright expect to be acknowledged by the devs. There are tons of people writing fanfics or come up with designs for weapons, warframes, enemies etc.

How many of them do you think were ever mentioned by devs?

Don't design to be noticed, design because you like designing, which Xarugas stated quite well in his post.

But now I shall stop my evil post.

convergent evolution is a doozy X.X

I'll ask you the same, do you like your designs? do you think they are perfect and extraordinary? do you think they are the best you can do? if the answer to any of that is no, keep working, you don't ask for attention, your art must do that, your art must attract attention.

ill never stop trying to improve myself :D

I've pretty much ruined any chance of me contributing from the forums to the game for many many reasons and I'm actually jealous you still have a chance to make a difference in the game. And I do love your stories and lore. The thing I've always noticed about fan concepts and things that make it into the game is that they are so attached to an alias and an alias without a reputation or a single person (and vice versa) is not a good thing.

It's great you are posting.

I'd recommend the less is more approach, your images are so busy I think you aren't getting quite the design that you'd like out of most of your concepts.

Strengthen your concepts with the principles and elements of design (a good image that describes them all here: http://p2cdn3static.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_2879574/File/teacher-documents/Performing_Visual_Arts/Middleton/2-D%20II/Elements%20and%20Principles%20Overview.jpg).

Finally listed to some of the other posts on how to deal with criticism, but in the end you are the only person that decides what meaning each post and critique will have on you.

Keep designing, practicing your anatomy, and moving forward and you'll get what you want.

well i keep on figuring out more stuff as i go :D

cool thing is,i am entirely immune to future bias I.E. when a person si convinced there future self will like there past self

im always trying to improve no matter how well i do,so i know that the future me will likely be a superior me

well you certantly try it, but since you ask for an opinion, im going to be honest with you.

those designs are terrible, out of proportion, like bad drawings but in 3D, and again you try it, and i would certainly support your ideas if get more consistent in the future, but i dont see anything of what you offering interesting enough to be able to be considered.

also i should have read the entire thread first before posting...oh well

Edited by Toppien

well you certantly try it, but since you ask for an opinion, im going to be honest with you.

those designs are terrible, out of proportion, like bad drawings but in 3D, and again you try it, and i would certainly support your ideas if get more consistent in the future, but i dont see anything of what you offering interesting enough to be able to be considered.

also i should have read the entire thread first before posting...oh well

nah,dont worry its fine..i had a much better design recentlly but it crashed itself

ah heck..ill post an unreleased thing that i did,well two of them to be exact (maybe three,devoid is the only other one to have seen these)

4PYzNEe.gif

CplLXzr.gif

V0w63wA.gif

I wonder why you are questioning yourself. What I am seeing before me; it's beautiful!

*reads comments and sees where killerkarp and you had a conversation*

Oh, ok. Well that's one mystery solved. But still, I, and quite a few other tenno admire what you have, quote: "put your heart and soul into". One thing to remember is (get ready for "omg did you really go there") to never dought yourself, your abilites, or anything about you. Just believe that you can do something great, something above average, something extraordinarily amazing. And by the looks of it, you already have.

That is all I have to say. Anyway, keep up the good work.

thank you :D the reznya is one of my most recent creations...i started out trying to do a double blade katana like stormshadow`s weapon with the addition of a lotus symbol

what i wound up with was a cross between a klingon batlth and dakra prime

Um, this makes me wonder. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand, are you concerned about the possibility of DE taking your ideas as inspiration and take your designs as their own? something like intellectual property theft?

This is, assuming if DE does indeed take your ideas and art as inspiration.

Um, this makes me wonder. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand, are you concerned about the possibility of DE taking your ideas as inspiration and take your designs as their own? something like intellectual property theft?

This is, assuming if DE does indeed take your ideas and art as inspiration.

no not entirely...some existential wailing about the pains of convergent evolution

I'll be blunt. Your designs need work.

Are they bad? No, they need refining. With practice they will be awsome.

Did I like them? hell yeah, the lotus stuff was pretty cool in my opinion.

generally what im aiming for,improvement is always a plus

at first I was going to say I have no idea what you designs even were but then I realized you posted them right here.

and yes, most of them I like except some of them like the lotus frame or daggers. but I don't hate any of them, its more like not for me sorta like it or ooh cool.

the last one is mostly the case for the green and black thing, by the way what is it?

at first I was going to say I have no idea what you designs even were but then I realized you posted them right here.

and yes, most of them I like except some of them like the lotus frame or daggers. but I don't hate any of them, its more like not for me sorta like it or ooh cool.

the last one is mostly the case for the green and black thing, by the way what is it?

that one was a wolf type of warframe concept that i did up a concept pic for,and that was with absolutely 0 description to go on (i didnt want it to be a kubrow,so i tryed to make it look a little bit like a wolf)

i know it looks a little squished,but he's sitting on a pile of dead grineer (that was hastily ripped out of a screenshot)