Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Should No Longer Discuss Warframe Design Until They Are Completed.

Mak_Gohae

The problem whit teasing it as a Dragon Frame is that it lack the most basic dragon thing, I'm talking about scales or some Horns that Stick out and look like thick bone.

If I showed Chroma(a picture) to someone who hasn't seen the Tennolive and asked him to tell me what he think is the motif I doubt anyone would say Dragon, I thought Infested the first time I saw it and its wrinkled skin.

Edited by DraccoDoom

The problem whit teasing it as a Dragon Frame is that it lack the most basic dragon thing, I'm talking about scales or some Horns that Stick out and look like thick bone.

If I showed Chroma(a picture) to someone who hasn't seen the Tennolive and asked him to tell me what he think is the motif I doubt anyone would say Dragon, I thought Infested the first time I saw it and its wrinkled skin.

A return to the days when themes weren't obvious. Why is it everyone asks for that, but when it happens they hate it? It's the same with an Infested-looking frame... Chroma looks infested, everyone cries internally when it's been asked for so many times. Chroma doesn't give off an instantly obvious theme like Limbo or Mesa, everyone cries internally when it's been asked for so many times. Make up your mind, people.

How many times...

WHO HAS A NOSE ON HIS FOREHEAD

n4MhWoa.jpg

Leviathan and Bahamut , sea beasts aka fishes, can be considered the first dragons.

PLADAOH!

Bahamut is actually used as a dragon named. King of the Dragons and such.

Exactly. That thing doesn't look normal

This game takes places thousands of years in the future...what's normal at that point?

People asked for a return to more abstract themes.

Chroma is still dragon-esque, but not literally a dragon. You're able to see elements of dragons in his design, but they're combined in such a way as to make something totally unique. 

i think should should have let people in the design council vote on a design, not just the powers. Mynky has a design philosophy were he doesn't like to make anything look "too cool" he likes it when things look slightly odd or silly "these are his own words from a dev stream. this was pretty misleading they said dragon we got seahorse, which i imagine might have something to do with the new under water levels.

but none of this really matters, the thing is goofy looking and the majority of players aren't impressed, misinterpreted or not. including me. so I've done something about it and posted and alt design or an alt helmet what ever they want to do.

chroma%20copy_zpsh36ftngs.jpg

Here's the thread if you want to upvote.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/413364-a-make-over-for-chroma/#entry4565050

That helmet would actually make him look really cool.

Edited by Aeriusil

No. They. Are. Not.

Moderator trolling is usually fine but deliberate disinformation is not. Most unwelcome post.

The notion and idea of a dragon has been twisted by misinterpretation passed on thousands of years in the future. While I do think some changes could be made to make it cooler, it looks just fine as it is. I like the slightly different design Chroma has because it's unique. It's a knight with a dragon's head-like crest on his helmet. 

If you want a more concrete example of how Orokin thought dragons looked like, take a look at Wyrm Prime. It's a worm-like "creature" more than anything else. Really, the only reason it looks like a dragon is because of its elongated body and the memetic notion its design has on our psyche.

Edited by Gale47

No. They. Are. Not.

Moderator trolling is usually fine but deliberate disinformation is not. Most unwelcome post.

He is not misinforming anyone he is giving a certain context.

This is something i asked from the very first time i heard about this, was this going to be a Europan dragon or an Eastern dragon.

Cause those two dragon types are clearly different in what they look like.

And those two are the most famous looks but there are other looks, there are other versions and this guy is showing you that.

Exactly. That thing doesn't look normal

Are you guys blind?  That is its SNOUT.

We expected this

9Evbgrk.jpg

We got

O3Nrpto.jpg

But srsly

zcljvXY.jpg

aaaand I am already sick of that design.  Meet Rhino, in Dergan 'wanna-be' totally OVER-done and totally boring.  Stick a dergan helmet on something and now its a dergan..

Edited by Sibarian

That is a fish, not a dragon. Just because it was named after a dragon does not make it a dragon. Point is moot because that still looks more like a dragon than Chroma does. 

So a leafy seahorse-like animal has more resemblance to a dragon than a hunched, armored, fire-roaring monster...?

You're not serious, are you?

That is a fish, not a dragon. Just because it was named after a dragon does not make it a dragon. Point is moot because that still looks more like a dragon than Chroma does. 

The point, Invalid [Hello again]... Is that you want something generic.  You would be happy with something like this I take it?

9Evbgrk.jpg

You see this?  This is basically RHINO with a "Vague" Dragon helmet stuffed on his face and "Clawed" gauntlets.  Do you know how overdone and sickening THIS is?  It isn't unique, it's meh.  It's edgy, and dark, and quite fitting in the mindset of a teenager that thinks that pointy = cool.

Not saying it's not a interesting design, but this ISN'T a fitting Warframe design even though we all want to imagine ourselves as towering a Bada**, it's a safe option, It's boring it's been done...  We already have our Rhino/RhinoPrime.  Way too many games just shove a "Dragon shaped helmet" onto things and call it a night.  DE went out of their way to research quite vague [ill admit...  Very very Vague] mythological links from other cultures and ended up using them and implementing them.  They wanted to go for the non-norm, and they succeeded.

Edited by Sibarian

The notion and idea of a dragon has been twisted by misinterpretation passed on thousands of years in the future. While I do think some changes could be made to make it cooler, it looks just fine as it is. I like the slightly different design Chroma has because it's unique. It's a knight with a dragon's head-like crest on his helmet. 

If you want a more concrete example of how Orokin thought dragons looked like, take a look at Wyrm Prime. It's a worm-like "creature" more than anything else. Really, the only reason it looks like a dragon is because of its elongated body and the memetic notion its design has on our psyche.

The fact that the "crest" extends out about a foot and spews fire is just plain lame. When you think of a dragon what images does it evoke? Power, authority, intimidation, fear, respect, ect. Chroma does not reflect that at all. Just look at him! It's laughable! 

The point, Invalid [Hello again]... Is that you want something generic.  You would be happy with something like this I take it?

9Evbgrk.jpg

You see this?  This is basically RHINO with a "Vague" Dragon helmet stuffed on his face and "Clawed" gauntlets.  Do you know how overdone and sickening THIS is?  It isn't unique, it's meh.  It's edgy, and dark, and quite fitting in the mindset of a teenager that thinks that pointy = cool.

Not saying it's not a interesting design, but this ISN'T a fitting Warframe design even though we all want to imagine ourselves as towering a Bada**, it's a safe option, It's boring it's been done...  We already have our Rhino/RhinoPrime.  Way too many games just shove a "Dragon shaped helmet" onto things and call it a night.  DE went out of their way to research quite vague [ill admit...  Very very Vague] mythological links from other cultures and ended up using them and implementing them.  They wanted to go for the non-norm, and they succeeded.

No I would not be happy with that! It looks terrible and far too much like rhino! You immediately assume I want a new rhinoframe! THAT IS WRONG!

I dont want another goddamn rhino frame I want a goddamn dragon theme frame! It doesn't have to be bulky and fat It doesn't need a foot long codpiece, and IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE A TANK! I don't think DE realized what the community wanted when they said "dragon theme". We wanted something recognizable as a dragon! Not a seahorse! 

No. They. Are. Not.

Neak dragons are dragons. The 'those are dragons' portion specifically referred to Neak, and yes, those are dragons.

You aren't the first person to say this, so okay.

I looked up Basilisk to try and find more information, but they have no real connection with a dragon and are mainly separate, besides the dragon community referring to it as a pseudo dragon. So, I'll say again, in a slightly refined version:

The concept, to me, appears to be of a Neak Dragon mixed with Basilisk traits.

Neak dragons are dragons. The 'those are dragons' portion specifically referred to Neak, and yes, those are dragons.

You aren't the first person to say this, so okay.

I looked up Basilisk to try and find more information, but they have no real connection with a dragon and are mainly separate, besides the dragon community referring to it as a pseudo dragon. So, I'll say again, in a slightly refined version:

The concept, to me, appears to be of a Neak Dragon mixed with Basilisk traits.

Tell me, when you think of "dragon" what feelings does that evoke? 

To me they are something to be feared and respected as they are in many cultures around the world. 

What does Chroma inspire? To me it just inspires a bad case of what the hell am I looking at syndrome.

A dragon theme should not be something that needs to be deciphered to see. It should be something obvious and powerful. Not something that causes people to think harmless seahorse. 

Again... boring and decent looking is better than ugly but original imho.

The thing is that I can use a boring design, I will filter it out while playing... but something that looks goofy, that will bother me.

Sure, go nuts... as long as you can make it better though. If you can't make it better than the "conservative" design, and are doing it for the sake of it being different... then stop, swallow your pride and make it boring... please, just make it boring. Boring is at least comfortable.

That said, people are discounting the possibility of a middle ground. Surely there is a point between Rhino reskin and Anteater monstrosity they could've went with.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Again... boring and decent looking is better than ugly but original imho.

The thing is that I can use a boring design, I will filter it out while playing... but something that looks goofy, that will bother me.

Sure, go nuts... as long as you can make it better though. If you can't make it better than the "conservative" design, and are doing it for the sake of it being different... then stop, swallow your pride and make it boring... please, just make it boring. Boring is at least comfortable.

That said, people are discounting the possibility of a middle ground. Surely there is a point between Rhino reskin and Anteater monstrosity they could've went with.

I would be completely fine with it as long as it looks nice. I never wanted a super op rhino copy anyways. Even if the fan art did look nice. Personally I think that would be better for a rhino event skin when it comes around to the anniversary of rhino being released.