Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Butchery Of Frames

To be honest, im not a fan of the looks of chroma or zephyr, then it hit me maybe every fan frame concept that DE decides to put into warframe will get to look like these two frames. That being said I don't not want typhus in this game anymore, before they make him look like a prawn from district 9. [Look it up]

PS this is strictly from the perspective from the looks of these frames. Zephyr is a lot of fun , and I'm sure chroma will be pretty strong / supportive.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Warframe has its own theme not the one certain people wants. warframe is known for its own unique style...

that being said I think the design of chroma is really really good and is going in the right direction...

see? not everyone has the same opinions. I have been playing this game since closed beta and one of the things that has always caught my eye and made me keep playing it are the designs they bring, they are definitely unique and when your mind wants to form a shape for something the shatter it with their design and that's what I love!

and exactly how do you define a space dragon? has the theme been aproached before that much to have standars?

the tenno theming has certain core keys and chroma definitely sticks to them. I will love this warframe if that is his last and final design

Edited by Domaik

I think they look fine. Sure compared to excalibur they are over detailed. But that applies to literally every frame as well. People will always hate on the new frame's looks as long as it's not a black and red featureless silhouette carrying two of every weapon in the game.

I understand that warframe has its own genre of looks, but not everyone loves the way these two frames came out and I think they should feed these people with a generic bad@$$ looking frame. If the dragon frame looked scaley and less of an anteater helmet I would easily have spent money on it.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Fact of the matter is that Chroma's design and even Zephyr's, are completely up to the perception and opinion of the players, there is nothing needed to say "Hey you! This is what a Dragon is!"

I am very happy DE went with a unique look with Chroma. He fits right into the games universe. Had they went with a generic theme for Chroma, it wouldn't have really worked and been boring to look at.

What this all comes down to is player perspective and opinion. We all look at these frames differently

I don't see the problem. He looks like a dragon, which is what he's based on. Why don't we go on ahead and bash loki's design or even zephyr just because they look strange too?

If there was ever a time where I thought that a warframe was truly ridiculous, it was Limbo, and I still grew to like him.

Although I really like some of the community designs for the dragon frame, though they are elegent they are also generic looking - most of them are just themed armours, whereas Chroma really does look like a dragon. And I love it.

For starters, I hate dragons. In everything. They are overused and boring in my opinion.

So I was kind of happy to see that Chroma didn't look like a dragon....but he is still quite ugly honestly.  Hopefully he'll have a better alternate helm. I can't get beyond that snout (which looks like an anteater/seahorse more than a dragon's snout).

From a 3D modeler to DE's 3D modeler, sorry! I meant this criticism with love.

Sigh...

This is a Dragon:

Black-Dragon.jpg

This is not a Dragon:

1413473297843_wps_111_dmvidpics_2014_10_

This is an anteater wrapped in bacon:

ruXozXO.png

Why???  =(

Edit:  I shall anxiously await his alternate helm...  Perhaps he can be saved.

He is a dragon inspired. Thank god he doesn't look like the generic stereotypical dragon armored suit warrior.

Also the top of his helm is not apart of his face, His faceplate is right below it ^_^

He is a dragon inspired. Thank god he doesn't look like the generic stereotypical dragon armored suit warrior.

Also the top of his helm is not apart of his face, His faceplate is right below it ^_^

So you mean that he breathes fire from his forehead ? That's even more silly that i thought....

So you mean that he breathes fire from his forehead ? That's even more silly that i thought....

Loki has handlebars on his head.

Vauban's alt helm has a little hat with a fan in it.

Limbo is a party magician, and all his powers come from his top hat.

Hydroid is a pirate, who can also turn into a puddle (he also has a beard)

Rhino shouts but has no mouth.

It's not like weird designs haven't been done before.

Edited by IANOBW

Mesa creates bullet from nothing. Her fingers have holes at the end

Hydroid can turn himself into water.

Excalibur creates swords out of energy

Ash can somehow spontaneously exist in 3 places at once.

Do tell, are any of these not 'silly' to some extent?

Chroma design is a bit weird.....somehow i look at him and think it looks more like an anteater than a dragon....i really hope DE comes up with a more .....dragonish helmet for skin

Edited by bunitchu

Warframe has its own theme not the one certain people wants. warframe is known for its own unique style...

that being said I think the design of chroma is really really good and is going in the right direction...

see? not everyone has the same opinions. I have been playing this game since closed beta and one of the things that has always caught my eye and made me keep playing it are the designs they bring, they are definitely unique and when your mind wants to form a shape for something the shatter it with their design and that's what I love!

and exactly how do you define a space dragon? has the theme been aproached before that much to have standars?

the tenno theming has certain core keys and chroma definitely sticks to them. I will love this warframe if that is his last and final design

If you call the design of chroma going in the right direction then the driver is drunk, asleep, and is on drugs! 

If this is the direction new frames are going then we really have to change that ASAP. How does Chroma stick to anything tenno? It does not look like the older frames, it is not sleek, it is far too busy, it looks more infested than like a dragon, and it is just plain ugly!