Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Give Up. I Guess I Am Too Old For This Game.

(PSN)Luven68

Question

I have been playing Warframe for about a year and I really liked it.  I was playing earlier and I got captured by something and the next thing I knew I was in a mission without weapons and was told to find them so I could leave.  I failed to finish the mission and was sent back to my base without my favorite warframe and the weapons I had.  when I clicked on the "captured" warframe I was told to go to the mission again to get my items back.

I have tried 5 times and each time I fail.  I am almost 70 years old and don't have the reflexes of a young person so I doubt I will be able to get my items back.

So I guess I will let the younger crowd have the game as I don't really like the fact that I can lose items here, I dont understand why they put that mechanic in the game.

This just puts such a big smile on my face! Good for this guy! I hope everything works out for you and you get your gear back! I have to say this is just another reason why I love this game. People from all generations are able to play together and have a great time!

Tried to get my dad to play as we live far enough away from each other that we only see each other a few times a year, unfortunately hes not into fantasy based games. But I'm still trying!

Luven68,

I also got captured and with a low level frame, I also felt frustrated like you but once I stopped trying to beatup the enemies and just run thru the map I was able to complete it even though it took me an entire afternoon.  I am 60 plus years young and can understand the issues with reflexes ....lol..

You can do it

p.s. If you can provide the warframe you were using I'm sure someone will let you know the best tactics to use

TC

I am also an older gamer.

Keep trying, I know you can do it.

Nothing against the younger players in this community but I think you will appreciate the success just a little more.

Men are like wine - some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.
 Pope John XXIII

You, sir sound more like that in the wine category.

if worse comes to worse OP,just ask the company for some help,if for some reason they wont take you out of the zanuka captured thing,then maybe they will allow someone to directly help you

(i submit myself for such an assignment)

or maybe one of the devs can play your char out of it

(and by direct help i mean using dev powers to force group two people into a normally singe player mission,i know its within there power)

Edited by GunDownGrace

Huh it would be really cool if you could submit a rescue request and within 10-15 minutes (however long it takes a decent team to complete a rescue mission) or so your frame will have been "rescued" by another squad.

for that mission you have to be very stealthy. just like sneaking out of a prison. you are extraordinarily gimped on that and its nigh impossible to fight head to head.

keep some distance and stay out of sight, you can easily do the mission if you stay stealthy. wall running is your friend.

and 70 years old, playing Warframe. that is really awesome. that is really really awesome. I cant even get my dad to download the game and hes only 42. I'm curious on what your accuracy stats are with your favourite gear. not to go off topic completely, but do you like bows/snipers or rifles/machine guns?

edit: seeing as some people are suggesting that he should ask the devs to push a player into the mission to help, SEND ME PLEASE :D 

double edit: oh, you're on PS4 :( I'm only on PC. no help from me 

Edited by VYR3

I could tell you the secrets of the Harvester, i could tell you the shorcuts to get your weapons, i could tell you about th e enemy weakspots, but i wont HAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAA gad dammit i hate that guy.......

Sorry Destiny flashbacks.... anyways like everyone said just be sneaky and run for the weapons and go, otherwise you have no chance with zero shields and weapons.

I have been playing Warframe for about a year and I really liked it.  I was playing earlier and I got captured by something and the next thing I knew I was in a mission without weapons and was told to find them so I could leave.  I failed to finish the mission and was sent back to my base without my favorite warframe and the weapons I had.  when I clicked on the "captured" warframe I was told to go to the mission again to get my items back.

I have tried 5 times and each time I fail.  I am almost 70 years old and don't have the reflexes of a young person so I doubt I will be able to get my items back.

So I guess I will let the younger crowd have the game as I don't really like the fact that I can lose items here, I dont understand why they put that mechanic in the game.

I was going to be rude.

But then I had seen you age.

You, good sir, deserve my respect. 70 year old player sounds cool. I am sure you will make it through the mission no matter what.

P.S. Shame on me.

Very good to know this can be solved by submitting a ticket, but I could understand you want to just play again right away.

There are some youtube movies about this specific mission, it could save you some time. Sometimes all it takes is just knowing what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiONE3NCN1w

This one shows that it's best to just run. Once you get your primary weapon back, it should be a bit better (hoping that wasn't a weapon you were levelling...).

And I hope that wasn't the last post of OP :|

Things like this remind me of how inspirational it can be for someone to play games and enjoy themselves despite what we consider inability to. My grandmother's not even 70 and she has trouble working her DVR remote, let alone playing a game as fast-paced as Warframe. I proudly salute you being able to join us, and hope you're able to continue on in this crazy world we inhabit. This is the sort of thing that makes me want to throw the full breadth of my arsenal in support, even though mission constraints and platform differences prevent it. All I can do is wish you the strength to soldier on and continue having fun. We're a better community for having someone like you.

What I would most recommend that hasn't already been said is to load up on Specters. Whatever you have access to. Tenno Specters are generally the best, but anything aggressive will help keep aggro off of you (Chargers, Ancients, MOAs, Rollers), and the Shield Osprey Specter can keep you alive longer. The only one that wouldn't be much help is the Lancer, since he tends to camp one spot.

Well first of all I would like to thank everyone for all the advice and well wishes.  I have played a lot of online games and I must admit I thought I would be getting a lot of trolling like LTP NOOB.

It is refreshing to see a top notch group on this forum.

My son who also plays this game came by and helped me get out of that "Mission", so I am back to enjoying the game again.

Once again thanks for all the advice and support.

Well first of all I would like to thank everyone for all the advice and well wishes.  I have played a lot of online games and I must admit I thought I would be getting a lot of trolling like LTP NOOB.

It is refreshing to see a top notch group on this forum.

My son who also plays this game came by and helped me get out of that "Mission", so I am back to enjoying the game again.

Once again thanks for all the advice and support.

Glad to hear it's sorted out now. Enjoy your future adventures!