The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking Nerf?

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if this has been nerfed any kind of recently. 

I was banned for hate speech (which is apparently defined as using every intellectual manner of calling someone a fool) for a week, and I thought that perhaps my week away was enough for me to have lost my edge. 

I ran with Trinity, who, in my opinion, anybody that doesnt use a Rage Build on her needs to get their head checked. It has always been a flawless system in the past. I'd walk into a mission with a pretty awesome Rage build, IMO.

I have QT, Rage, Flow, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Blind Rage(solely for EV. Intensify is more than enough for Blessing), Vitality, and Continuity, with Rejuvenation, because why not. 

With this build, I'd have no problem taking out Grandpa with a Ceramic Dagger, if I chose to do so. To make it worse, Continuity and Flow now have their prime versions out, and at their current levels, I now have a Link and a Blessing that last that much longer, and my energy is getting close to 600.  

Yet somehow, I keep dying. I dont just die easily. I die with 200 or more energy remaining on a QT build as I hit the ground, with no Carrier to account for the energy. Several times, I drop dead immediately while having 400 health left over, with 80%+ damage reduction from Blessing, and a full reservoir of energy. 

At first, I was just sure that I was sucking with Trinity after my respite, but then I noticed that two others were having the same issue with their rage builds, one with Trinity, and one with Oberon.

The only thing that I could come up with is perhaps Corrupted Bombards dealing enough damage, but even that wouldnt account for the energy that we have remaining, between Primed Flow, and QT. 

Until yesterday, I had never gone through all four revives in a single mission with my Trinity. It was so bewildering, that I kept saying to some new clan members in the game with us, "No, really. I AM indestructible. I'm just rusty."

Any ideas on what's going on here??

Basicly the nullifier mobs wich block your powers and bullets, can also oneshot-bypass your quick thinking all the time. 

Countless of threads were made about this issue but it seems there is no interest at all in changing this.

Yes, quick thinking is a pseudo godmode, but, what does it take for a player to get to that point and how much skill does he need to use to make proper use of it? 

Right. 

Edit : from reading other posts it's also affected by other things, wich i still don't agree with cause 'abusing' it requires a set amount of time put into the game and knowledge how to use it properly ( prevent getting knocked down, keeping energy up at all times etc )

Edited by bluntpuffer

I think that damage status effects can bypass quick thinking, so one Slash, Toxin or Heat proc will take you out in a low-health situation.

No it wont, you won't be killed, but it will stagger you. Tested it by standing next to a Venomous Healer.

sorry, everyone that has responded so far is wrong.

Quick Thinking will absorb any and all sources of Damage that are imparted on you.

however, if you would have died even if it used Energy to save you on an instance of Damage, it will just not activate. it doesn't waste your Energy if you would have died anyways.

the Energy will only be drained if the Damage instance can be negated with your Energy Pool.

there is no bypassing it.

tl;dr - if you get hit by enough Damage that Quick Thinking can't save you, it doesn't bother. it's being nice to you and not using your Energy for naught.

(Edit: so, for example, if an Enemy hits you for 500 Damage.

you have 208 Energy in your Energy Pool. you can cover 499.2 Damage.

there is still one Damage left over. therefore Quick Thinking doesn't activate, and you die with your 208 Energy.

that doesn't include messy stuff like calculating Armor (which Quick Thinking does take into account), just for simplicity sake.)

- - - - -

anyways.

Rage and Quick Thinking do not act simultaneously, and haven't for a while, perhaps it still did the last time you played Warframe. (it's been as it is currently for quite a few months though...)

while you are above 2 Health, Rage will convert Damage on your Health into Energy. once at 2HP and Quick Thinking activates, Rage deactivates.

Rage will only reactivate once you gain some Health to deactivate Quick Thinking.

now, dying while having plenty of Energy, Health, and Damage Reduction Abilities running.

- perhaps enough Latency for you to just randomly die. would probably need to be a hell of a lot of Latency though, match would probably be unplayable.

- also perhaps, a certain attack from an Enemy or something of that sort is applying Damage in a way Quick Thinking doesn't cover, as an oversight of sorts. this one seems a bit more likely.

- and an extremely unlikely culprit, everyone experiencing the issue having damaged FPU's / Math CoProcessor's in their Processor. this is borderline impossible.

Edited by taiiat

sorry, everyone that has responded so far is wrong.

Quick Thinking will absorb any and all sources of Damage that are imparted on you.

however, if you would have died even if it used Energy to save you on an instance of Damage, it will just not activate. it doesn't waste your Energy if you would have died anyways.

the Energy will only be drained if the Damage instance can be negated with your Energy Pool.

there is no bypassing it.

tl;dr - if you get hit by enough Damage that Quick Thinking can't save you, it doesn't bother. it's being nice to you and not using your Energy for naught.

- - - - -

anyways.

Rage and Quick Thinking do not act simultaneously, and haven't for a while, perhaps it still did the last time you played Warframe. (it's been as it is currently for quite a few months though...)

while you are above 2 Health, Rage will convert Damage on your Health into Energy. once at 2HP and Quick Thinking activates, Rage deactivates.

Rage will only reactivate once you gain some Health to deactivate Quick Thinking.

now, dying while having plenty of Energy, Health, and Damage Reduction Abilities running.

- perhaps enough Latency for you to just randomly die. would probably need to be a hell of a lot of Latency though, match would probably be unplayable.

- also perhaps, a certain attack from an Enemy or something of that sort is applying Damage in a way Quick Thinking doesn't cover, as an oversight of sorts. this one seems a bit more likely.

- and an extremely unlikely culprit, everyone experiencing the issue having damaged FPU's / Math CoProcessor's in their Processor. this is borderline impossible.

It's kind of what i said, but more detailed, Thanks!

_snip_

I never actually used the QT/Rage combo back before they stopped working simultaneously, so I didnt miss out on that, but you definitely helped me understand it a bit more. 

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, you are saying, basically, if the damage is so great that QT could not absorb it with your energy pool, that it will not waste the energy in a fruitless attempt, correct? 

I guess it really could be the Bombards then. I do play very frequently, but I haven't ran my Trinity into the deep Void in a long while, and before the advent of Corrupted Bombards, the biggest and baddest thing there was in the Void was a Heavy Gunner. With my Trinity build, I would usually purposefully walk up to one slowly, letting it rain hell on me to fill up on juice, pop a blessing with the 99%, and then drop it with a Melee, or a game breaking Trinity Combo.

I guess I've learned my lesson, and wont approach Bombards the same way I did HGs in the past.

I strongly doubt that I have latency issues. I have the best net of anybody that I usually play with, with a minimum of 50 Down, 20 up, and my Ping is between 12 and 24ms. Because of this, I am almost exclusively the one that hosts my squads.

I was using the QT/R build on my nyx during the second mission of the Galatine TA (not escalation) and I kept dying with 100-150 energy left. I think it might have something to do with crappy hosts, because when I host I dont die with energy left.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, you are saying, basically, if the damage is so great that QT could not absorb it with your energy pool, that it will not waste the energy in a fruitless attempt, correct?

I guess I've learned my lesson, and wont approach Bombards the same way I did HGs in the past.

I strongly doubt that I have latency issues.

- yes.

- i would recommend casting Energy Vampire on a Bombard as you approach, so it can't shoot. don't forget that you can use Well of Life to suspend other Bombards or w/e if there's multiples while you're trying to deal with the one.

since Well of Life is only useful to 10x the Damage of Energy Vampire or to suspend certain Enemies. >.>

or some other form of CC that will keep them from shooting in the first place.

it sounds like you're playing Void IV. which, remember, Enemies scale Survivability slower than in Void III, but they do 3-4x Damage.

- i did say it's unlikely :p

the Match would have to be asininely laggy. like Enemies would be frozen 95% of the time and would teleport across the map laggy. and you also would have to not be the Host, which seems also unlikely in this case.