The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: The Fallen - Fanmade Trailer (1080P)

Varsian

A fanmade trailer I made for Warframe. I really wanted to explore the themes behind the Grineer, and Corpus, and how they interact with the Tenno, and then of course wrap it up into a small two and a half minute video. 

Didn't focus on gameplay as much as the story, because Warframe's story, while minimal at times, is very grim dark. I love grim dark, and really wanted to look into how I could make a trailer that did that theme justice. Eventually, this was the result. I hope you enjoy! :D 

EDIT: Alright, I told myself not to say anything more to avoid embarrassing myself, but Warframe: The Fallen just hit 10k, so I think I owe you guys my life now. 

This video started as a challenge for my editing skills. I never even dreamed that this video would get so much attention. When I posted the video, I remember messaging my friend on steam and saying "If I get 1000 views, that will be enough." The next day I woke up, and DE had tweeted my video, and I kid you not when I say I actually jumped for joy when I saw that twitter post. 

A lot of you guys have been saying "DE should give you a job!" and "You just put this on your resume when you apply to DE!" I am flattered. I really am. However while I have made videos as an occupation in the past, I'm just a high school senior living in Silicon Valley, desperately hoping USC accepts me into their film school. I love DE, but the people making their marketing videos really know their stuff, and definitely know a lot more than I do (even if their videos are a bit formulaic pacing wise). 

As for whats next, I don't know. I want to make another video for you guys, and I am kicking some ideas around in my head. The devs mentioned they're destroying the Void, and when that finally happens maybe "Warframe: The Fall of the Void," might be something I try to tackle. We'll see. No promises :P. 

Thank you guys so much. Waiting for colleges to reply is hell, and you guys have really lifted my spirits in the past few days. 

Fight on Tenno. 

Edited by Varsian

I am very happy with this. It also serves to show that spread out over this very big game is a fun story waiting to be told, fleshed out, and explored. I think this is what I would show people who ask what Warframe is about.

One possible suggestion. Save the Sentient reveal after the score climax and use the in-scene audio, and slow pan out from the tight Excal shot. It just felt to brief, and the new faction is so tonally different it warrants a shift in the music score.

Again, I really like it. Good job.

I am very happy with this. It also serves to show that spread out over this very big game is a fun story waiting to be told, fleshed out, and explored. I think this is what I would show people who ask what Warframe is about.

One possible suggestion. Save the Sentient reveal after the score climax and use the in-scene audio, and slow pan out from the tight Excal shot. It just felt to brief, and the new faction is so tonally different it warrants a shift in the music score.

Again, I really like it. Good job.

I thought about it. The thing is, we don't know enough about the Sentients (or have enough good footage), to warrant them being a main point of the film. I felt like a cameo was enough of a "one two punch" at the end to really hit the themes I was going for home. Maybe when we get more video content, I'll make another video, focusing more on the Sentients. I love the Sentients, and I've been looking forward to them since they were mentioned on a devstream from who knows when. I will jump at the opportunity to showcase them in another video. 

I thought about it. The thing is, we don't know enough about the Sentients (or have enough good footage), to warrant them being a main point of the film. I felt like a cameo was enough of a "one two punch" at the end to really hit the themes I was going for home. Maybe when we get more video content, I'll make another video, focusing more on the Sentients. I love the Sentients, and I've been looking forward to them since they were mentioned on a devstream from who knows when. I will jump at the opportunity to showcase them in another video. 

Hmm, good point. If it isn't too much trouble, try and alternate take as I suggested and see how it feels. It just works in my head. (I realize this means I should just do my own creative.)

Hmm, good point. If it isn't too much trouble, try and alternate take as I suggested and see how it feels. It just works in my head. (I realize this means I should just do my own creative.)

I'm a bit backed up on film projects, but if you give me a way to send it to you (don't really want to upload a similar film), I'll see what I can do, and show you the results. :)

WOW. This was incredible. And most importantly, it didn't fall for the biggest pitfall of Warframe fan trailers: including too much in-game footage. That makes it messy-looking, not very cinematic, and I think you did well including just the little bit you had to.

Edited by Akavakaku

If I hadn't already spent $400 on this game, I just did. Seriously the most intense trailer I have ever seen for this game. If this can't sell Warframe, I don't know what can!

Edit: Watching it a second time was absolutely necessary.

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

DUDE this is AMAZING! I Watched it twice in a row and showed my friends that stop playing warframe a while ago and he was really into it.  I think I might use this trailer when pitching the game to people this was really good.  Also were the dropping in of the sentients in the last scene on beat?