Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts- Pc- Is There A Need Anymore?

Avenias

From the trend of dark sector conflicts that are going on in pc, vast majority of alliances attacking  a point, cant even lower the rail integrity below 80%, most of which i have seen are between 99-90% rail integrity. As such, is there a point to carry on with such conflicts since the chance of the defender to win is almost guranteed. 

yeah that monopoly thing is not fun at all
i would make it more mmo like [interactive] like waipoint hunt in aion
where you fight guard npc and players 
if you time it right you can beat huge alliances and many players

if dark sector would get removed no one will notice if droprates stay same at those places

Well , the Dark Sector conflict is not fun, there nothing to earn also because :

-The current alliance share the node and rotate time to time

-They do not put back the credit they earn from tax

-Crazy Tax

-Since there no credit , neither tax lowering why fight for two corpus alliance?

Also what the alliance does with that much money earned?

solution would be that one alliance should not be able to own more than one node , because the current system make them share the node they have,and no one can beat them since they have massive amount of credit , so if outsider / challenger join they put credit sometime

here perfect exemple what i was saying : 

2m5jdpk.jpg

420degree you forgot trinity Link , specter auto/instant res ,nova , unlimited block with some weapon and even sometime with bug unlimited block and in same time they can fire at you... and ofc the block is 360°

DSC pretty much fell flat on its face. Mechanics in place make it so that it's a constant game of ball between two or three alliances and given how balance is handled overall with abilities and builds, despites attempts to correct this, it amounts to a sandbox that has been collectively soiled with only the cool kids bothering with it anymore while the rest have moved back to the jungle jim.

It's a sad state of affair and while the idea and purpose behind the DSC was good, the implementation, itself, is bad.

To clarify a few things since I keep seeing confusion on various DS topics (on the PC side of things, at least) -

The attacking/defending clans/alliances are basically an oligarchy. A few alliances, large amount of clans, holding onto all the nodes themselves and eliminating competition from the scene for whatever purpose or reasoning they have. To name a few - V, ICE, Synergy, Orion, Lords of the East... It goes on. These people do know each other fairly well, and they work together to some degree - hence not seeing battlepay posted very often. I say "some degree" only because there have been instances of them taking a node back from one of their member clans and not passing the information along down the chain.

What they profit off of is a multitude of factors - an uncapped alliance vault, the community's ignorance (apologies for being blunt) on not realizing that DS nodes are terrible places to farm.. anything... generally getting to overly influence the community's mind/opinion on DS matters (ie - the balance in the conflicts being completely broken. It's actually not as terrible as everybody makes it seem, especially when you're actually not using the Data Relay room and actually using turrets.) and the community not having an in-depth knowledge of Dark Sectors. Quick note: (Simplified) You need to have done the most damage to the rail the previous wave, and it basically gives you a few minutes extra time before hand to deploy. It seems also if you did the most damage to destroy a rail, you get an advanced click. So those clans not getting their chance? Yeah, I haven't seen one in awhile - I've only been seeing clans blocking for them continuously.

When there ARE legitimate attacks and battlepays, conflicts tend to look more like this: XENON vs Ladies or Council of Perfection vs Synergy and not so much like ICE's block or Synergy's block or V's block. As it stands, really, all of the messages saying "thanks" to their "supporters" are really just sarcastic backhand remarks - at least, that's how I take it. Hard not to, imo.

To answer the question of if there is a need anymore.... The short answer is yes. Putting aside talk of DE constantly working on DS and trying to make it a decent system, I think the idea behind it is that is supposed to be a type of end-game for Warframe. Warframe doesn't really have end-game where you can really complete everything and be done with it, and when you think you have done that - more stuff is always coming out. So what is there after that? Forming a large clan/alliance and taking on DS. So with that in mind, what's the fun in one form of government controlling the entire system, not giving back to it's "supporters" during conflicts and not allowing competition? Don't know about anybody else, but it isn't my definition of fun in regards to DSC. The problem comes to terms with the fact that DSC at this time does require large amount of teamwork and coordination with larger clans and alliances, something that is sadly lacking all around. Winning a conflict is possible in the current state, and holding a node is also, just the community has to want it and stop and think for a moment.

Gotta love how everyone wanted Eclipse gone.  I might dislike the leadership there, but at least the taxes were fair.

Everybody wanted Eclipse gone because they ended up taxing unreasonably high. Some of the big name clans and tacticians from Eclipse are one in the same on the current starmap; it's just a matter of going into deathsnacks and comparing ICE and Eclipse and drawing lines, and it will quite frankly explain some of the behavior we see. ;)

The thing I find most funny about all of this, is that enemies ended up working together. ;)

I personally never thought they were a good idea so i never supported them. I may have if the alliances weren't so cheap. but no, people are greedy and expect help for no pay.

EDIT: Oh and they also taxed u out the ying yang for no reason. byebye neurodes.

Edited by Ocaz

They were good for a while (when they first came out), but then the cost of repairing the rails started to get too high so the clans would raise the taxes. And then somewhere down the line they eventually became just corrupt and greedy.

I think that clans shouldn't have any role in Dark Sectors, they should be replaced with harder nodes that have better drop chances.