Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story Time Over How If You're Using A Strong Weapon, Players Shouldn't Use That As An Excuse For Being Bad.

Xamuswing

<rant>

Ok, so if you're going to an alert that's above 40 or a Dark Sector, you should bring at least one weapon that is level 30. Otherwise you're not prepared for the fight.

Was fighting infested in an alert, level 40+, and I was using only the dragon nikana at lvl 20 and a lvl 30 Volt. I know I'm going against what I just typed, but that's not the point.

There was an Oberon, a Mesa, and a Rhino Prime that were all suited up, weapons and all, the infested were no match for the usual Rhino Boltor P combo, who by the way ran off at the start of the mission. Typical Rhino stereotype right in front of my eyes. Oberon and Mesa go down, leaving me to revive them and destroy the infested alone. These guys weren't newbs either, they were master ranks 8,11 and 12 respectively.

Now the Oberon had kind of an excuse for dying a bit. His gear is low level. Ok, that's fine. No one can easily survive level 40+ infested with lower level gear. However, the Mesa was at least lvl 20, she could 1-Shot infested with peacemaker and it had Dex Furis. Not exactly what I would call weak. I barely saw the Rhino until the end of the mission.

We rescued the Hostage in the mission, and raced to the exit to finish the mission, forgetting the fact that the hostage needs to be alive with everyone at extraction. I ran back to find the hostage dying, with no weapon, to several toxic ancients. Because of my oh so "op gear" he escaped with a fraction of his life. Meanwhile, everyone except Rhino died to a massive wave of infested on the other side of the map, a. k. a at least 200m (5 rooms with 40m in them). Not only did I have to protect the Hostage, I also had to fend off infested while reviving everybody AGAIN. Oberon died twice, Mesa once, still no sign of that stupid Rhino who showed up at the beginning of the wave and immediatly coptered away after killing maybe 4 Boilers? Team work, what's that in a PVE game?

"Man, those infested got us good. They were really tough." one of them noted. I'm sitting here thinking "That was 2 players versus one wave of strong infested. You should've been able to handle them all with all the stuff you're carrying. If I could handle a wave by myself with this katana and only 200 HP with it constantly going down, y'all should especially if you have a decent weapon WHICH ALL OF YOU (except Oberon) CLEARLY DO!

RHINO, GET YOUR CODPIECE OVER HERE AND HELP WITH THE MISSION!!!" (I was a little mad at this point.) And then this happens.

"Well, if I had a dragon Nikana that was fully ranked, I could mop the floor with those infested also, so STFU that we're weak."

... and then I pointed out how the Nikana wasn't even maxed with some terrible magnetic mods. The only time I groaned in frustration when playing.

Moral / TL;DR Just because a player has a strong weapon, you shouldn't make up an excuse for being bad. And PLEASE don't bring weak weapons to something you clearly know is going to be level 40+!

Before you post crap about me, I am not being elitist. I don't think that these players should quit the game or anything. If you have been playing the game for a long time, there should be at least a grain of knowledge of how the enemies work, even if the enemies are new. If somebody went into a restaurant, did a horrible job at cooking, and then said "Well, you can't say I'm bad at cooking because I haven't worked as long as the other chefs!" or "I don't use these cooking instruments at home, even though the company teaches me how to use them and such!", nobody would fall for the excuse and you would be fired.

And about the teaching chefs thing, I've never had heard of a guy being denied how to cook. You could be the worst chef in the world, I. E. my uncle, but they will still try to teach the recipes and steps.

</rant>

Your first mistake was expecting pugs to play well.

Difficulty in this game is not based on the enemies you face, it is based on how lucky you are with teammates

If you don't go into a mission with randoms prepared to do 100% of the work then you are underprepared.

Pickup Group; used commonly in WoW and other MMORPGs. Basically means a group that isn't formed by people you know; instead, it's formed up of random, possible noobs that will completely wreck whatever experience you are getting the group for.

I always bring Trinity to alerts on the infested tileset (which are usually level 35+). The tiles are pretty cramped and between several different sources of poison doing damage as well as close proximity making it easy for enemies to lay the smackdown on you, I know someone is at least going to take health damage if not become downed. Also, I like healing as Trinity, so no skin off my &amp;#&#33;.

Granted, that Rhino didn't have much regard for the rest of the team, but jumping into a mission ill-equipped means you'll probably end up using some revives. No big deal. It's just something that we should all shrug off at the end of the day. Revives come back and good/bad teammates come and go. We all have those kinds of groups after all. Letting out some steam is cathartic, but don't internalize instances like these too much; it's not healthy, y'know?