Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question For All "moderators", How Do You Get Your Profile Icons?

Monybags33

The question asks it all, thoses fancy moderators have the best icons in all of Warframe community and I know its only for them but do you guys customize your own or pick it out of "The Awsome Tenno Icon" bin?

I mean its a dumb quesiton and I'm sure someone has asked it before but I just cant help but wounder when I see you moderators post things.

PS: Sorry if this wasnet ment too be in the "General Discussion" I had forgotten "Off-topic" was a option, plus they are very similar.

Edited by Monybags33

We actually can't upload our own. We have to give it to forum staff for approval and to be set as our avatars.

For a while they would occasionally change back because of how the forums auto-apply in-game avatars. That was fixed last year though.

Mine was a nice little gift/contest item created by fulcrvm.

...I still need to get around paying him the plat I was willing to give. Platform differences are mean, sometimes.

how nice for you...meanwhile im stuck with nova prime as my avatar...what i actually wanted to do is take a picture of my face and use it as an avatar

i seriously think this should be opened up to everyone..spread abit of freedom and individuality around

Edited by GunDownGrace

how nice for you...meanwhile im stuck with nova prime as my avatar...what i actually wanted to do is take a picture of my face and use it as an avatar

i seriously think this should be opened up to everyone..spread abit of freedom and individuality around

Problem is that quiet a few people would use rather inappropriate Icons. And if you had to check them all manually well that would take quiet some time.

I feel like it is fine as is. The Moderators work hard, and we have plenty of warframes to choose from, I've altered mine several times now. Think of how much more work having every warframe player asking for their own pictures approved by the Devs for just a profile image every single time they want to change. Hell, it takes forever with all the clans alone, if we did that then we would get updates every Six months, not three.

at least you got a limited edition icon :|

Problem is that quiet a few people would use rather inappropriate Icons. And if you had to check them all manually well that would take quiet some time.

I don't think we would have to do that, there should be like an image detector that allows people to filter out certain images based on what shape/form they took, say I took a $&*^pic and posted it as my icon, they shouldn't let me do that because there must be an innate sensor to the page that says its inappropriate.

I don't think we would have to do that, there should be like an image detector that allows people to filter out certain images based on what shape/form they took, say I took a $&*^pic and posted it as my icon, they shouldn't let me do that because there must be an innate sensor to the page that says its inappropriate.

Easier said than done unfortunately, as there are always people getting around the sensor, and DE wants to keep this game as clean as they can possibly get.

Moderators and Digital Extremes Staff can upload custom Avatars.

many are using fan art with permission.

We actually can't upload our own. We have to give it to forum staff for approval and to be set as our avatars.

Yup and yup, mine is yuikami's concept art of a cephalopod-ish Warframe.