Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny Won A Bafta Award For Best Game

TheErebus.

In an industry that gives unreleased games "over 20 awards", this is a non-event.

I have no opinion, never played Destiny, and I don't blindly listen to the "experts" out there.

^ not a jibe at anyone, just like to make my own mind up!

Edited by Egg_Chen

I cant believe the S#&$ everyone in this thread is saying about destiny when they are playing warframe. Agame which has worse problems than those they are citing in destiny. Destiny has story in grimoire cards? Warframe has none, but you can go play the original Dark sectors game and join the conspiracy threads if you're that desperate. Destiny's combat isnt good... and warframe has great combat with " engaging AI?

Destiny is a great game lacking content, and warframe is content lacking a meaningful game to house that content

Yes, but Warframe

A) Is free to play

B) Is still in development

C) Is not AAA game.

Better than Destiny? No it's not, but it's already got the potential to be for less $$$

I cant believe the S#&$ everyone in this thread is saying about destiny when they are playing warframe. Agame which has worse problems than those they are citing in destiny. Destiny has story in grimoire cards? Warframe has none, but you can go play the original Dark sectors game and join the conspiracy threads if you're that desperate.  Destiny's combat isnt good... and warframe has great combat with " engaging AI? 

Destiny is a great game lacking content, and warframe is content lacking a meaningful game to house that content

"I can't believe the S#&$ everyone in this thread is saying about destiny". 

Oh I'm sorry that we don't think that high of a painfully mediocre game. Your right, we'll just keep ripping on warframe because that's the only thing we can do here.

Yes, but Warframe

A) Is free to play

B) Is still in development

C) Is not AAA game.

Better than Destiny? No it's not, but it's already got the potential to be for less $$$

Edited by ScrublordPrime

How much did they spend on getting that award?

$500 million: a million dollars per person working at Bungie.

I cant believe the S#&$ everyone in this thread is saying about destiny when they are playing warframe. Agame which has worse problems than those they are citing in destiny. Destiny has story in grimoire cards? Warframe has none, but you can go play the original Dark sectors game and join the conspiracy threads if you're that desperate. Destiny's combat isnt good... and warframe has great combat with " engaging AI?

The difference is that Digital Extremes never claimed that Warframe would be the same caliber of a franchise as Star Wars, whereas Bungie did claim so with Destiny. DE always tries to fulfill their promises, and they do so 99% of the time. Bungie has kept none of their promises and they don't seem to care whether they ever fulfill them or not.

Sorry for the multipost but it is very hard to edit a quote in to a post on my phone.

Edited by (PS4)STARSIDE_DESTINY

I cant believe the S#&$ everyone in this thread is saying about destiny when they are playing warframe. Agame which has worse problems than those they are citing in destiny. Destiny has story in grimoire cards? Warframe has none, but you can go play the original Dark sectors game and join the conspiracy threads if you're that desperate.  Destiny's combat isnt good... and warframe has great combat with " engaging AI? 

What was Destiny budget again? 500 million USD$?

What about Warframes' budget, how much did it cost? 

Ah yes, let us not forget how many people Bungie had involved in Destiny, and the people in Digital Extremes for Warframe.

Look buddy, if you're going to bash on Warframe for not being as good as Destiny gameplay-wise, at least do your research before making comparisons. If anything, Warframe is superior to Destiny, because it's free-to-play, always getting new content and fixes, has a team of developers that engage with the community and listen (mostly).

And let us not forget PCMasterRace.

and my rating of destiny is this

I'm hating Destiny because all I see in that game is a money milker, and that its success may influence other companies to do the same.

What was Destiny budget again? 500 million USD$?

What about Warframes' budget, how much did it cost? 

Ah yes, let us not forget how many people Bungie had involved in Destiny, and the people in Digital Extremes for Warframe.

Look buddy, if you're going to bash on Warframe for not being as good as Destiny gameplay-wise, at least do your research before making comparisons. If anything, Warframe is superior to Destiny, because it's free-to-play, always getting new content and fixes, has a team of developers that engage with the community and listen (mostly).

And let us not forget PCMasterRace.

Bro check how many hours I have on warframe(do your research). There was a time that this game seemed like it had direction, I stayed long after that time was done. The F2P and beta defense argument keeps coming up and everyone keeps referencing Destiny being AAA and being out of development. In the end no one is talking about gameplay. Gameplay is something the that Destiny prioritised and warframe has not. If I am wrong crucify me.

Bro check how many hours I have on warframe(do your research). There was a time that this game seemed like it had direction, I stayed long after that time was done. The F2P and beta defense argument keeps coming up and everyone keeps referencing Destiny being AAA and being out of development. In the end no one is talking about gameplay. Gameplay is something the that Destiny prioritised and warframe has not. If I am wrong crucify me.

Oh, my god. You're defending it. You're defending Destiny.

You know, they have as many problems as we do. Their loot caves and the need for them are far worse, their weapon and skillset diversity is garbage, the crucible LOOKS dull (if watching someone playing something seems dull and repetitive, imagine how it must feel for the person actually playing it!), they've got no social infrastructure whatsoever, every level is the same thing, every level takes place in a similar environment, yada yada yada.

I'm not one to call either game better. I'd say their level of polish vs. our level of ambition and innovation in gunfighting balances out. But I can't see myself playing Destiny past level 20, and I can see myself playing Warframe for the rest of the year. So suit yourself, recognize this is the Warframe forum, and let us rip on our archenemy. If you wish, you can tear us a couple dozen holes on the Bungie forums and get positive attention to boot.

Oh, my god. You're defending it. You're defending Destiny.

You know, they have as many problems as we do. Their loot caves and the need for them are far worse, their weapon and skillset diversity is garbage, the crucible LOOKS dull (if watching someone playing something seems dull and repetitive, imagine how it must feel for the person actually playing it!), they've got no social infrastructure whatsoever, every level is the same thing, every level takes place in a similar environment, yada yada yada.

I'm not one to call either game better. I'd say their level of polish vs. our level of ambition and innovation in gunfighting balances out. But I can't see myself playing Destiny past level 20, and I can see myself playing Warframe for the rest of the year. So suit yourself, recognize this is the Warframe forum, and let us rip on our archenemy. If you wish, you can tear us a couple dozen holes on the Bungie forums and get positive attention to boot.

I play both games, I get equal enjoyment from destiny as I did when I first started playing warframe. I am posting in this thread because of the hypocrisy on display. In my original post I referenced people bashing on aspects of destiny and talking about how they would rather something along the lines of seppuku than play the game. When in reality those issues are very likely worse in warframe.

1 $$$ $$$ $$$ game versus what? 10-20 millions game?

Destiny should at least be 10 times better than Warframe in every aspect concerning money invested, and they fail at that.

I'm genuinely disgusted by this... Destiny... I would give it a 2 out of 10 on it's best day. Didn't even give it a 1 when it launched due to broken servers. This is an insult to all the great games that came out in 2014. It's official BAFTAs are rigged.

I like how you guys are even stupid enought to compare BIG BUDGET GAME with warframe.

It's like comparing david & goliath except that you laugh at david for being so small.

Warframe is what it is. It stands out and offers equal enjoyment to destiny, which obviously upsets lots of guys.

I did my research already: you're an idiot. I don't care about how many hours you have on Warframe or Destiny or whatever, why are you trying to rub it in my face? Please, make an effort to remember that this game is still prone to change. Yeah, it's struggiling to find it's direction, but that does not mean automatically that it will never improve. You're talking as if whatever future updates may come will be definitive and will never be altered. Calm the hell down.

Just because I don't make threads 24/7 complaining about the state of this game does not mean I'm not critical of it,and I am critical of it, of the RNG walls some DE members seem to love slapping us with. It has flaws, yes, but they can be rectified. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sure as hell, someday.

I play both games, I get equal enjoyment from destiny as I did when I first started playing warframe. I am posting in this thread because of the hypocrisy on display. In my original post I referenced people bashing on aspects of destiny and talking about how they would rather something along the lines of seppuku than play the game. When in reality those issues are very likely worse in warframe.

Wow, you're still going at it. You're comparing a triple A game made by a big-name developer to an indie game made by a developer most people don't know about. Okay. And you're taking what people say waaaay too seriously. Do you really believe their claims of "commiting seppuku" over playing Destiny? Get a grip, man.

If you don't like the way things are going with Warframe, then go take a hike. Come back sometime later, who knows? Maybe something will have changed by then.

I did my research already: you're an idiot. I don't care about how many hours you have on Warframe or Destiny or whatever, why are you trying to rub it in my face? Please, make an effort to remember that this game is still prone to change. Yeah, it's struggiling to find it's direction, but that does not mean automatically that it will never improve. You're talking as if whatever future updates may come will be definitive and will never be altered. Calm the hell down.

Just because I don't make threads 24/7 complaining about the state of this game does not mean I'm not critical of it,and I am critical of it, of the RNG walls some DE members seem to love slapping us with. It has flaws, yes, but they can be rectified. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sure as hell, someday.

Wow, you're still going at it. You're comparing a triple A game made by a big-name developer to an indie game made by a developer most people don't know about. Okay. And you're taking what people say waaaay too seriously. Do you really believe their claims of "commiting seppuku" over playing Destiny? Get a grip, man.

If you don't like the way things are going with Warframe, then go take a hike. Come back sometime later, who knows? Maybe something will have changed by then.

Shoulda coulda woulda. Thats to the first reply.

Also I hope you are aware others are making a comparison when they say warframe is better than x game.

I'm out, I dont want to foster any more rage or hate in this thread. Sorry I to be the black to your white knight. Checkmate ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shoulda coulda woulda. Thats to the first reply.

Also I hope you are aware others are making a comparison when they say warframe is better than x game.

I'm out, I dont want to foster any more rage or hate in this thread. Sorry I to be the black to your white knight. Checkmate ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Checkmate"

After his final response is basically "okay, maybe" and he was the guy who brought warframe into all this, then bails out like a kicked puppy

GG gr8 b8 m8