The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has The New Afk Rules Been Bothering You Cause You Have A Mom That Calls You Every 10 Seconds Or Something?

zavienh5

Cause if I don't respond to my mom, it's gonna be worse than just afk in-game.  So I just afk and go help my mom, but now....all these new rules are bothering me, because I know I'm gonna be kicked from literally every single mission I do even though I notify my friends before I afk.

I think the teammates should receive a message asking them if they want to kick the player(s) that is afk for a certain amount of time, 4 minutes(not 2 minutes, too less).  What do you guys think?

people have been arguing about the kick system which can be a smart move, but come on why is your mom calling you between each mission lol

While I have faith in the community at large not to abuse the 'kick system' there will probably be some bad apples that will go "lawl, u r nawt playing the gaem the way I want, bai!"  just for the 'lols'  so, ... how would you go about preventing that?

people have been arguing about the kick system which can be a smart move, but come on why is your mom calling you between each mission lol

Dude, don't you live with yours? That's the way moms are.

While I have faith in the community at large not to abuse the 'kick system' there will probably be some bad apples that will go "lawl, u r nawt playing the gaem the way I want, bai!"  just for the 'lols'  so, ... how would you go about preventing that?

Well, I mean it's better than not giving the teammates a choice to have afk players kicked than having the system just kick them without any consent.

4 minutes will be too long , if I was a afker it would mean I just would have to alt+tab every 4 minutes which is easier than 2 minutes. I understand how you feel but blame the afker's , its their fault for DE even adding this system in. Before you say kick voting it can really be easily be abused by #$&(% players.

I meant asking the players after they are afk for FOUR minutes THEN they ask the teammates if they want to kick the afk players rather than the system just kicking them without any other decisions.

Maybe after the player is marked as AFK players can then vote to kick.

edit: tenno'ed by OP

Edited by nickelshark

Cause if I don't respond to my mom, it's gonna be worse than just afk in-game.  So I just afk and go help my mom, but now....all these new rules are bothering me, because I know I'm gonna be kicked from literally every single mission I do even though I notify my friends before I afk.

I think the teammates should receive a message asking them if they want to kick the player(s) that is afk for a certain amount of time, 4 minutes(not 2 minutes, too less).  What do you guys think?

AFK timer should be a full 5 minutes and only apply to non endless modes. but thats just my opinion. I know exactly how you feel, I get called every couple of minutes to help someone around the house. strangely only while I'm actually on a game. AFK timer as it stands is terrible

If 3 out of the 4 players in the cell are like that... Is that a group you really want to be in?

The simple facts of the matter are that the new AFK system is going to inconvenience everyone but the people they were put into place for.

The fact that DE apparently gave zero thought to that possibility before implementing the changes speaks volumes about the company's acumen in a multi-player environment.

DE has seems to have some pretty good game analytics in place.

Why aren't they simply banning the macro'ers?

I'd rather see a report citing 1100 bans given out for TOS violations regarding macros as opposed to asking me to play the hokey pokey just so I can be assured to get end mission rewards.

Because the macros were little more than 'spam a single button' scripts. Most of the people who farm in a way where all they have to do is spam a single button just spammed that single button manually. Or would rebind it to something that is easier to spam. Like a mouse wheel.

So banning only the people who used macros would only have scratched the surface.

Isn't funny that adding a votekick system while in a mission kind of tampers with lore?  Lotus is supposely sending her finest Tenno to the mission..yet now she has to deal with AFK Soldiers XD  There should be a cool little cut scene when a Tenno is kicked from AFK

Let's just totally go there at this point

Do chores before playing? What chores does she call you for everytime btw? Genuinly curious.

I let my mom wait. Its time they learn online games can't be paused.

Well I told my mom online games can't be paused and she still tells me to pause everytime and threatens to beat the sh*t outta me if i don't come.

If they could make it tied only to public matches (the AFK part), then this wouldn't ever even effect me. Then again, most the people I play with don't get interrupted consistently every missions for longer than one or two minutes, so I may not be the best sample size. I mean, I could see people getting interrupted, but the only time I'm interrupted is an emergency (when the game can deal with itself for all I care), or if I've got some kind of food counter-attack going on in my innards - so really I'm just not the target audience for the complaint I don't think.

That being said, I would still like to see a friends-only or invite only match have the option of having this turned off to somewhat remedy it.

If 3 out of the 4 players in the cell are like that... Is that a group you really want to be in?

The simple facts of the matter are that the new AFK system is going to inconvenience everyone but the people they were put into place for.

The fact that DE apparently gave zero thought to that possibility before implementing the changes speaks volumes about the company's acumen in a multi-player environment.

DE has seems to have some pretty good game analytics in place.

I'd rather see a report citing 1100 bans given out for TOS violations regarding macros as opposed to asking me to play the hokey pokey just so I can be assured to get end mission rewards.

DE actually allows macros to an extent. DE allows people to use macros because not everyone can do rapid clicking i.e. semi auto weapons due to physical disabilities. What DE does not want is for people top use macros to play the game for them. 

That means rapid fire macro? DE is ok with it because if they banned it it could hurt people who actually need them.

A macro for sliding or coptering? Depends but DE could let it go because again, not everyone might be able to do these unassisted. 

E-Gate or Viver? Big no no. You could literally activate your macro and leave.

DE actually allows macros to an extent. DE allows people to use macros because not everyone can do rapid clicking i.e. semi auto weapons due to physical disabilities. What DE does not want is for people top use macros to play the game for them. 

That means rapid fire macro? DE is ok with it because if they banned it it could hurt people who actually need them.

Got a citation on that? Because this AFK detection proves that DE is more than willing to change the game to subvert a group of farmers at the expense of other legitimate players.