Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows Are So Expensive

prodavit

BTW for those of you guys how said its not alot of money to keep taking care of kubrow, well have you consider that some newer players might need the money to build weapons frame and for mods? After doing all that you dont have alot of money left.

New players shouldn't use Kubrow anyway. To be worth all the fuss Kubrow should have a couple of Forma, reactor and full set of mods, some of that are r10.

It's equivalent to several millions of creds, several hundreds of cores, a lot of framing hours or plat.

So if you're new and have a couple of hundred of creds, you shouldn't bother with Kubrows anyway.

Kubrows are extremely durable, efficient and cheap to maintain companions for veteran players. Dark sector missions could give 20k per 5 min run, so 3k upkeep per day is negligible.

Their only major drawback is a unfreeze time, which makes switching Kubrows so bothersome.

The point isn't if the amount is a lot for hardcore or capped players, it's if it's a lot for new or casual players.

It really is.

If I have 75k, I want to spend it on weapons, , mod upgrades, crafting or whatever else.  Not on a pet kubrow, 75k is a lot to spend upfront for that.

20k seems far more sensible.

what? A more Hardcore player would have the credits to use them not the casual as you can see people Rather use them on mods. They are more end game and sentinels are more for cheap and newbie players.

I've grudgingly gotten used to the stabilizers, but I definitely think Ordis needs to get off his &#! and auto-administer the stabilizer when needed, or auto-stasis the dog before death. Ordis hates the dog, we get that, but why can't we give Ordis an attitude adjustment?

i honestly think the DNA degeneration is kind of annoying. its 75k for a pack of 10 DNA stabilizers, and if you don't have a lot of credits, your gonna kill your bank account(in game, unless you buy the stater pack… derp) when you want to buy blue prints for better gear. 

i love kubrows. my two sasha kubrows have brought so much bank for me in such a short amount of time. i think they need two fixes in my general opinion: the first one is an improvement in the A.I. i can't tell you how many times I've seen now in the past week that my kubrows step right in front of my shots and blow my ammo reserves. its annoying and it kills your ammo when you need to make every shot count( especially when your using a bow like me). 

the second fix is to remove the DNA stabilizer requirement to keep the damn steroid giant alive. i understand that their genetic rejects like the grineer clones, but I'm starting to see how people just throw the kubrow in stasis once they maxed it out or get tired of it(maybe i don't know). 

and i kinda agree that the stasis cool down should also get removed too. that is kinda over kill in my eyes. but i think those three fixes would improve kubrows tremendously for players and for me too.

There are a few things I really don't like about Kubrow management:

1) Kubrow can die forever. This is really annoying, since I could lost my Kubrow with Reactor and multiple formas in an instant. There's no other thing in Warframe you can lose forever against your will, so I don't see why Kubrow should be any different.

I don't mind them having DNA decaying, but it should be there just for the health increase, and it shouldn't die (forever) because of that. It would be okay if you would just end up with a totally useless Kubrow which dies super fast in missions, if you don't apply DNA stabilizers. That would be far more user friendly.

2) I can't switch from Kubrow to Kubrow easily. I have to put one into stasis, then pick the other one, and wait for 3 hours... There's basically no reason to have multiple Kubrows because of that, since I can't use all of them anyways.

And again there's no such thing with any other gear/sentinels/frames. You can switch your warframe, sentinel etc 100 times a day, but you can't do that with Kubrow for whatever reason...

Well there was community hot topic about dna kubrow before and most people vote for remove them completely and still there it is

I don't really know why they open the poll the first page if they don't wanna do it

for reference - there is average of 2.5k votes while 35k individuals (via Steam) playing daily. the votes are only small % of players

Those pols are handy but can be not be appropriate to reality.

I think 5,000 for one DNA STABILIZER, is far but they need to get rid of the max use a day + they need to change how there used like this.

1 DNA STABILIZER = 10% to more health, with daily reset taking 10% and each death taking 10%... + 5 min timer for each use of a DNA STABILIZER.

Last thing they need to change is getting rid of the cool down for taking another kubrow out of stasis... this is very upsetting to me as it is now.

Edited by (XB1)TwistedScar369

Okay here's what's going on. Fan boys are defending a system that is only there to force players to keep playing. Claming it's more end game and it's more realistic.

That's bull, why dont they make stabolizer for each of your prime frames too? How would that make you feel?

if they were to take this out none of you guys will be complaining about that. I think we should stop being such a fan and agree the game would be so much more fun if they make it easier to take care of these furry #@*&$@s.

No one want to take care of a real dog and have to turn on the game and take care of a fake one too. Not a good kind of submerging.

Edited by prodavit

Well I have 3 kubow and I love taking them on mission since you can keep revieving them when they go down, and they draw enemy fire. The problem is that they degenerated each day and taking care of them could be very expensive. As a result I dont see alot of players bring them along, since the sentinel does not require any taking of at all.

After grinding for the eggs, Its a pain to have to keep buying these expensive drugs for them.

Do you guys think DE will take this out or at least make it cheaper to buy the drugs?

Why do you guys think DE is doing this?

Credit drain and a plat drain seeing as the 3 hour wait time for stasis costs 10 plat. 

Honestly I think all of it is ridiculous. DE ruined kubrows for the average player when they made it a credit, resource, and platinum drain.

I think the motivation for using these tactics is quite questionable and dishonest on the part of DE. 

As a result I have 3 kubrows that I refuse to move out of stasis because of the cost of maintenance and the stasis wait time. They are just not viable. I am quite unhappy with them as it stands.

I like Kubrows but that 3 hour stasis recovery is just foul.

The 3 day incubation is likewise foul, but not to quite the same degree.

The uncertainty with breeding and builds >OK

The general cost of breeding >OK

The lack of a loot vacuum > OK but would be good to get it added somewhere given the way loot drops and spreads everywhere.

The 3 hour stasis recovery > Very Not OK

The 3 day incubation > Uncool but would be acceptable if the stasis recovery was removed.

Sadly its Kubrow are way too expensive now, i allready have spend every day 30k for building forma + the degenerating of useless dogs wonth help eather. So i have to freece him & wait for any better cred incomming in the futurte then leveling prime mods are the mods is my most important priority + cres also need for this geedy Void trading suckeerr. So no more time & cred wasting for this doucche animal, even it is 5 itmes polarised + killing lv 60 enemies with 1 hit.

If Kubrows could feed them selves by killing about 50 enemies a day for a big muskuclar kubrow, 40 for a slim & little one

to stop the degenerating for a day.  Then i would happy to keep him, if its stay like how it is so he will stay forever in stasis.

Retardo shiettt has cost me over 15 miliion to have his maxed bite, shield, health, amor, maul mods

Edited by 1N33DM0N3Y

To me is not the price the problem but the fact they are "permadeath" if you don't take care of them.

I love my kubrows and would take them in every mission, but i don't want to take them around thinking they die if for some reason i may be forced away from the game for too long, and this just makes me not want to play with them.

Edited by Otakuwolf

60k? The last time I bought them they were 75k. And btw you only need to buy them every 24 days.

The 3h recovery are the biggest problem that prevent a lot of people from using Kubrows and the laziness because they don´t want to pick up every single item, so they are using Carrier, no matter what will come.

This. The credit cost of the six-pack of stabilizers deters many players, but it's really not expensive imo, since the brow only loses 10% per day. 

The 3h recovery is part of a very aggressive Free2pay marketing strategy I pretty much despise.

Me and many clanmates use less and less carrier for farming because they produce bugs with Greedy Pull which btw renders carrier useless.