Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime

Leethorn

In my opinion he is not OP at all, in t4 his iron skin is useless, the main problem imo is that rhino prime brings NOTHING to the group, unless it's a stomper rhino built only for crowd control, but as rhino is a frame that spoils players most of them don't even care about crowd control or team playing.

He's not OP....he's garbage.....there are far superior frames out there.....  He is a good frame for those that solo a lot...not much else imo.

I guarantee that I've revived more Rhinos than I've been revived by one....I run Zephyr on most everything unless I'm running Nekros or Loki for Deception missions.

Edited by (PS4)jwernecke

In my opinion he is not OP at all, in t4 his iron skin is useless, the main problem imo is that rhino prime brings NOTHING to the group, unless it's a stomper rhino built only for crowd control, but as rhino is a frame that spoils players most of them don't even care about crowd control or team playing.

How can anyone forget about Roar anyways he is one of the better support frames, dont get that wrong.

Saying he brings nothing to the group is just plain ignorance

Edited by Absens

How can anyone forget about Roar anyways he is one of the better support frames, dont get that wrong.

I'm just gonna say if you want a damage buffing frame then you should probably have a Banshee with a Sonar build on your team.

He's considered a "noob frame" because his ability kit absolutely destroys enemies in lower levels, and gives the player a false sense of invincibility. Once this happens, the player develops a habit of being reckless in missions, often running out into crowds of enemies that will ultimately get him into bleed out. And once the new player tries other frames they keep trying to play them in the same way they would rhino, which as you may predict will not work out well.

It's the not the frame itself, it's just the bad habits that it encourages. Roar Rhinos are pretty rare, and they're normally the ones who know what they're doing.

Edited by Ionus

He has Iron Skin, which is part of the easy button controversey.

This, coming from a Loki with its game-breaking 2, is a bit hypocritical, yes?

He's considered a "noob frame" because his ability kit absolutely destroys enemies in lower levels, and gives the player a false sense of invincibility. Once this happens, the player develops a habit of being reckless in missions, often running out into crowds of enemies that will ultimately get him into bleed out. And once the new player tries other frames they keep trying to play them in the same way they would rhino, which as you may predict will not work out well.

It's the not the frame itself, it's just the bad habits that it encourages. Roar Rhinos are pretty rare, and they're normally the ones who know what they're doing.

Ppl should be able to build to suit their playstyle. Stop judging others, lest you be likewise judged.

read my whole comment before speaking ill of me, and roar? meh i forma everything i dont need a rhino boosting my damage, i can do a lot by myself, maybe you need some boost, thats ok though, keep it up bro!

Iron Skin debate needs to end if coming from non-Rhino players. Just sayin'

I do play a rhino prime stomper occasionally, and when i don't play rhino i CAN speak from experience that iron skin is useless, because of the amount of iron skin rhinos i have revived so far...

read my whole comment before speaking ill of me, and roar? meh i forma everything i dont need a rhino boosting my damage, i can do a lot by myself, maybe you need some boost, thats ok though, keep it up bro!

You dont need damage boost because you use forma on your equipments?

Yep ignorance indeed.

I won't keep it up this is a waste of time sorry :(

Just like any other frame in this game, Rhino has things he excels at and things he doesn't do quite well at. I think people just mistake him as OP because in early gameplay it's truly the way he seems, iron skin can literally make any low level mission a cake walk. And since the only time we get into the higher levels where his faults start to show are extended endless missions, it limits even further the understanding he isn't an actual god-mode frame. 

Above Level 50, things change. When you get into higher levels, his Iron Skin gets oneshotted. If you are going against Level 50+ enemies and modding for Iron Skin, You are SERIOUSLY screwing up. At that level, Rhino(Prime) is an amazing frame for CC, Buffs, and Mobility.

Depending on your playstyle, the Iron Skin can even be usefull when going against lvl 75+ enemies.

The only thing that "oneshots" my Iron Skin at 1 hour T4S is the Nullifiers' Bubble.

So no, you're not "seriously screwing up" when modding for Iron Skin against lvl 50+ enemies, if you know what you're doing.

Nah man, Rhino needs a buff. Plain and simple. Some scaling has to be done in the lower levels though. He really is invincible for about half the star

chart. Nowadays though, I barely use Iron Skin, because I just let his massive shields take it. Only thing that needs to happen to fix Rhino is to make him draw ALL the aggro, and make Iron skin survive it.

Nah man, Rhino needs a buff. Plain and simple. Some scaling has to be done in the lower levels though. He really is invincible for about half the star

chart. Nowadays though, I barely use Iron Skin, because I just let his massive shields take it. Only thing that needs to happen to fix Rhino is to make him draw ALL the aggro, and make Iron skin survive it.

Shields can only do so much, health is what, in my opinion, is the most important part of your defenses

i try too find a delicate balance between Range, Duration and  Power Str, i don't want power str so much for iron skin as i do roar, Duration makes his rhino charge and roar last longer, and an overextended makes the reach of his roar and stomp pretty good. Honestly the build  i have for him would be perfect if only they'd release either a primed stretch or primed streamline.

You dont need damage boost because you use forma on your equipments?

Yep ignorance indeed.

I won't keep it up this is a waste of time sorry :(

and you insult me again, nice goind dude... keep it up, keep insulting, and yes, forma allows you to allocate higher rank mods, more mods, more damage, you know... also... corrosive projection...

Ppl should be able to build to suit their playstyle. Stop judging others, lest you be likewise judged.

Playstyle=/=bad habits.

Early game Rhino encourages a very aggressive play style, to the point where a new player would think this is how the game can be played at any level. Now, it isn't bad to play aggressively, but this also encourages recklessness, sometimes even selfishness. Many new players who build Rhino as their second frame will think that ironskin makes them untouchable, which is a bad thing. Enemies scale up, and if they don't act like a team player and use roar more than paperskin, there's gonna be a lot of bleed outs.

The only frame that would be a good step up from Rhino would be Valkyr, but to new players she isn't emphasized enough as the most durable warframe by her very low shields and the various ways to lifesteal.

Again, I have nothing against Rhino, but I do have something against what he represents for new players.

Depending on your playstyle, the Iron Skin can even be usefull when going against lvl 75+ enemies.

The only thing that "oneshots" my Iron Skin at 1 hour T4S is the Nullifiers' Bubble.

So no, you're not "seriously screwing up" when modding for Iron Skin against lvl 50+ enemies, if you know what you're doing.

With absolute max power strength:

Transient Fortitude (+55%)

Blind Rage (+99%)

And Intensify (+30%)

It comes to +184% Power Strength. Which means you have a Maximum of 3,408 Iron Skin. So No, one bullet from a Level 75+ Grineer's Grakata may not one-shot that number. But when have you known them to only shoot one bullet? 

I think you are confusing your (obviously quite formidable) skill with the ability being useful. If you can keep your iron skin up for more than 2 seconds at that level of play, its YOU that is doing the damage mitigation. Cover, Acrobatics, Speed....Something other than Iron Skin is doing this for you. Im not doubting your skill, Just the math dood....Just the Math.