The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

Strange they ask about buffing frost in the community feedback thread and now they remove him from the game. I guess this inspires me to finally craft the bronco/akbronco before they get removed as well. 

The good news is my 10 sets of latron prime parts will finally have some value aside from ducats.

Frost isn't frost prime! People are freaking out about it when Frost Prime doesn't actually have superior stats to frost just different polarities. Once you realize that the argument boils down to "He has that toy why can't I have it it's not fair"!

Keeping in mind that this is just my opinion:

This feels unnecessary. I'm sad to see him go, and I will be farming all of his parts so if friends in the future want to play him they can.
He was the first farm-able prime. I remember I got my blueprint from the Fusion Moa event.

I suppose it will make him worth something now though, as it is, primes are arguably easier to get than the normal frames for new players. Instead of working your way to ceres and fighting a boss a dozen times, you can just play a few excavation missions and get enough keys to grab yourself a full frost prime.

TL;DR
I'M SO CONFLICTED

How about some more details about when he'll return?

I couldn't care less about trading.

Keep the community in the dark is the 'better option' right now? k

You don't put things in the "Vault" with the intention to release them later. That just hasn't been the practice for DE.

You don't put things in the "Vault" with the intention to release them later. That just hasn't been the practice for DE.

Unless you state in the pax dev stream that you are going to put prime parts into the star chart instead.

He'll obviously be back when they do that. He'd better be... U18??? Who knows.

Removing a prime (besides excal) is just stupid.

Edited by fractal_magnets

Considering how every single event weapon and such can be used to aid you in ranking up ( and in order to reach rank 19 atm you kinda need to have event weapons too), putting frost latron and reaper in the "vault" is just another kick to the nuts to everyone who wants to reach high ranks.

I'm playing from May 2013 and recently I only see DE shooting themselves in the foot over and over again.

I can only imagine how confused new players are now.

Why would they be restricted from acquiring these items and primed frame?

It's not only questionable decisions made but cryptic feedback to community.

Explain every detail of such important move instead of waiting for us to ask and wait, it makes us feel you're making stuff up as it goes. 

I still remember the post Steve made about DE sometimes being bullheaded. At least this time they gave us a warning however an explanation is needed as well.

-Why are you doing this? is it dilution, there are many ways to dilute the void why this way? I get that prime parts will always be the expanding factor however what about the amount miscellaneous items from outside the void (more are added practically every other update) couldn't they at least of been removed from void rewards before you moved to looking at primes?

-Is this needed so that prime parts can be moved from the void to the solar system?

-"While the Prime Vault is new, it can open its doors at any time." So will it be like the normal vault where we don't see the items for, I think it's been a year. "open it's doors at any time." it sounds like it is turning into an alert. In which case new players can say good bye to sleeping if it's anything like the regular alerts.

How exactly does removing 11 items from the drop tables dilute them?  I guess I don't follow.....Keys, rare mods, orokin cells, and prime parts drop from the void.  There has to be some type of Low reward (keys, mods, resources) as well as the high rewards (prime parts)...so removing some old parts from the game sounds like a perfect plan to me. 

I'm playing from May 2013 and recently I only see DE shooting themselves in the foot over and over again.

I can only imagine how confused new players are now.

Why would they be restricted from acquiring these items and primed frame?

It's not only questionable decisions made but cryptic feedback to community.

Explain every detail of such important move instead of waiting for us to ask and wait, it makes us feel you're making stuff up as it goes. 

Agree 100% Is sad see DE keeps kneejerking since last year. 

I figure they wise up, but nope. I do hope they have an ace under their sleeve to cushion the fall. :/

Considering how every single event weapon and such can be used to aid you in ranking up ( and in order to reach rank 19 atm you kinda need to have event weapons too), putting frost latron and reaper in the "vault" is just another kick to the nuts to everyone who wants to reach high ranks.

That would only be true if DE was going to stop releasing weapons and frames. Also you can still make it to high ranks, just not 19 yet. Also, there is no real difference between 18 and 19 other than bragging rights.

Lets face it......Frost Prime?  No longer the King of Defense missions (he never was either but some thought so), Latron Prime?  Was it ever the King of anything?  Reaper Prime?  Until scythes get some love it is terrible...

I can't tell you the last time I saw a Latron or Reaper in a game somewhere.....and Frost? Maybe there will be a few less snow globes around and I won't have to stand directly beside a cryopod to protect it while getting pounded by enemy fire that isn't even directed at me.....

This IS a good thing.....

DE?

Really bad at communication you are!

So a move totally out of the blue (who expects Prime Parts to be removed, after you just introduced another game mode for the Void [sabotage] that can "hold" more parts).

Then ONE week warning, where several important parts are "hidden" behind T4 Keys. Thats nothing for heavy players, but not that much warning for casual players (Who might not even read Warframes Homepage. I only noticed it because of the threads in the forum). The right place for that? Right up front in the launcher.

Another thing: No reason given. Leads to speculating, and all the people specualting about money reasons are the ones thought right, because what other reason might there be?

Drop Tables cannot be it. Why? There would be MANY other things that could be removed:

-) Duplicate parts of the things to be remoced

-) Duplicate parts of other Primes (some parts exist three times in the Drop Table)

-) Orokin Cells

-) Parts could be put into the Orokin Derelict

Just typing a few random things coming in my mind into a search of the Drop Table thread revealed 25 Duplicates that could be removed, not counting Orokin Cells. I bet there would be A LOT more if one searched through all of these items.

So, what is the reason? Just random cruelty?

Learn to communicate.

I heard that really helps in relations.

I felt angry at first, but then I started buying parts partially for less, and selling sets for more, made total 3k plats and still have enough sets to be sold when the prices sky-rocket. Good job DE. Just kidding, this is really unfair regardless.

DE?

Really bad at communication you are!

So a move totally out of the blue (who expects Prime Parts to be removed...  ME!  Been hoping for this to happen for about 2 months.

Drop Tables cannot be it. Why? There would be MANY other things that could be removed:

-) Duplicate parts of the things to be remoced  Earlier in you post you complained that some parts were locked behind the scary T4 Keys and now you want no alternative?

-) Duplicate parts of other Primes (some parts exist three times in the Drop Table)

-) Orokin Cells It IS an OROKIN tower....

-) Parts could be put into the Orokin Derelict  This would allow ANYONE to gain infinite amounts of prime parts for literally doing nothing.

Please see bold ^