The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Warframe Introduce New Things Gradually So That People Wont Be Able To Exploit The System And Scam/extort Players?

(PSN)jensyao

Frost prime went from 30p last night to 100p today...

first of all, the announcement made it so that PC people don't even know what is going on so they are also stocking up on supplies

for all we know, this "void vault" thing could just be like "vault runs" for OD. Ever noticed how OD maps are just unmaintained void maps with overgrown trees? If OD maps are "older versions" of void, yeah the void should have vaults...

My point:

stop making new additions so dramatic

stop making announcements for people to "stock up" on something to exploit the system and scam/extort players later

we know the developers are working hard on warframe, just keep more secrets and announce new things the day of, not months/weeks in advance for people to prepare for

people who have this "insider information" are obviously better off than those who never peruse forums and watch prime time...in case you are not aware, people take "earning platinum" seriously and treat warframe items like stocks

So... don't announce when they're taking things away until the day of the removal?

... Are you HIGH?? Do you know how bad the backlash would be???

they're not removing frost, how is it removed if "the vaults can be opened anytime?" <- direct quote...just stop it with the misinformation

they're not removing frost, how is it removed if "the vaults can be opened anytime?" <- direct quote...just stop it with the misinformation

For all intents and purposes, its being removed from the drop table. The items may remain but, for all intents and purposes, the Warframe and these weapons will be unobtainable aside from the hands of generous doners and sellers.

And if you think announcing that the day of WONT cause people to flip their S#&amp;&#036; at DE for a stunt you're even higher than I thought.

I don't know how to "gradually" release information.  If you mean they should give more lead time, okay, that could be a plausible argument.  But I'm not clear on how that would change the things I think you're complaining about.

Specifically, how are players "scamming/extorting" other players?  Free trade is built on the scarcity/availability of something; can you provide examples of someone getting scammed?  And "extorted", or forced to do something against their will?  That just sounds like your anger, rather then something that actually happened.  If you can provide an example of someone who was 'extorted', that would be helpful to the rest of us.

But unfortunately, you venting your displeasure about DE doing something you just disagree with, well, that falls into the category of "too bad".  We all have things we wish DE hadn't done, or had done differently, and while the forums are here in part for you to express your opinion in, without examples to back up your claims, you're just another writer with another gripe.  You're not wrong, you're just part of a very large group.  Sorry, bud...

And to OP: This is the whiniest thread open about this so far. Congrats on your achievement. 

D.E. Gives reasonable warning for a drastic change and you take issue with that because the PLAYERS are being unreasonable with the prices? 

Give me a break dude seriously.

You want to discuss something? Let's discuss the forums blowing up and out of proportion when D.E. does anything different in the slightest. 

Let's discuss how completely bent out of shape players who don't really know what they're griping about are and how we can change that as PLAYERS. 

Frost prime went from 30p last night to 100p today...

Demand drives price.

first of all, the announcement made it so that PC people don't even know what is going on so they are also stocking up on supplies

We know exactly what is going on. Frost Prime, Reaper Prime and Latron Prime are being retired for an undefined amount of time. Just like the Boar, Eather Daggers, Machette, and Snipetron weapons before them.

for all we know, this "void vault" thing could just be like "vault runs" for OD. Ever noticed how OD maps are just unmaintained void maps with overgrown trees? If OD maps are "older versions" of void, yeah the void should have vaults...

Refer to above response.

stop making new additions so dramatic

Drama is actually being generated by the forums. DE gave us enough warning. Anyone that wants these items has time to farm them.

stop making announcements for people to "stock up" on something to exploit the system and scam/extort players later

I would rather they do tell us when they are making changes like this so people can prepare accordingly. Imagine the backlash from players that did not have these primes if they were not given advanced warning. (Snipetron incident anyone)

we know the developers are working hard on warframe, just keep more secrets and announce new things the day of, not months/weeks in advance for people to prepare for

Refer to above information.

people who have this "insider information" are obviously better off than those who never peruse forums and watch prime time.

You are misusing the term Insider Information. It refers to information that is not available to the public. The forums are free for anyone to access. Also, stuff like this tends to appear in your lisette in the console on the right hand side.

..in case you are not aware, people take "earning platinum" seriously and treat warframe items like stocks

Why wouldn't they. Tradable items have an in game value. It is the only economy this game has. Ultimately though the buyer decides what they are willing to pay for an item.

I would like to see them do the same regarding the updates too.

We are still in beta, even though cof cof that is just bullshat, but now they got used to make big updates, that come with lots of stuff.

Many of the trash that will come with U16, they could absolutely have been release gradually, would make these lasts weeks of nothingness less empty, and would create less chaos of having too many new features hinting us all at once.

Edited by 7grims

Here's a thought: 

Farm him yourself??

I have frost. please refer back to my point

I don't know how to "gradually" release information.  If you mean they should give more lead time, okay, that could be a plausible argument.  But I'm not clear on how that would change the things I think you're complaining about.

Specifically, how are players "scamming/extorting" other players?  Free trade is built on the scarcity/availability of something; can you provide examples of someone getting scammed?  And "extorted", or forced to do something against their will?  That just sounds like your anger, rather then something that actually happened.  If you can provide an example of someone who was 'extorted', that would be helpful to the rest of us.

But unfortunately, you venting your displeasure about DE doing something you just disagree with, well, that falls into the category of "too bad".  We all have things we wish DE hadn't done, or had done differently, and while the forums are here in part for you to express your opinion in, without examples to back up your claims, you're just another writer with another gripe.  You're not wrong, you're just part of a very large group.  Sorry, bud...

on PS4

ice set sells for 500p

fire sets sells for 500p

people don't know spy 2.0 is bringing them back...mods are going down to 25p at most

these things are not scarce

mara detron was a PC phenomenon...that gun was like more than 100p before it was released again by baros

I'm using the 3rd definition of "extort:" obtain by unfair means

people used to buy prime parts 1p each before baros and stocked up with insider information

people aren't aware, all people aren't veterns, people over compensate, and even if that drives the warframe economy (noobs get tricked so they end up buying more plat) it is done by unfair means and abusive tactics.

I'm not angry. i'm trying to uproot the situation

Uproot what i see a flowing market that is acting the way it should be.

When a company in real life has something bad happen the stocks go down when something good happens it goes up just like WF's.

I guess it's more flipped in our way.

Edited by SarahApple

And to OP: This is the whiniest thread open about this so far. Congrats on your achievement.

stop it with the "holier-than-thou" accusations

You think I'm the only one who feels this way?

the population on console who don't use forums will articulate this regardless if it was me who posted this or someone else.

it is a common topic.

Archwing was introduced not fully complete, 3 mission types, 2 archwings. And look how that turned out.

As for causing prices to crazy that's not DE's fault. Frost isn't that hard to farm, people are just trying to piece gouge that's the word you're all looking for.

Frost will be back once DE has sorted the Void / end game out. People just act like its the end of the world.

Edited by Lightsmith

I have frost. please refer back to my point

on PS4

ice set sells for 500p

fire sets sells for 500p

people don't know spy 2.0 is bringing them back...mods are going down to 25p at most

these things are not scarce

mara detron was a PC phenomenon...that gun was like more than 100p before it was released again by baros

I'm using the 3rd definition of "extort:" obtain by unfair means

people used to buy prime parts 1p each before baros and stocked up with insider information

people aren't aware, all people aren't veterns, people over compensate, and even if that drives the warframe economy (noobs get tricked so they end up buying more plat) it is done by unfair means and abusive tactics.

I'm not angry. i'm trying to uproot the situation

Supply & demand rules the marketplace.  Yes, prices can swing wildly, especially right after new information enters the marketplace.  What's your point, exactly?

As far as the "third definition" of extort goes, you should probably stick to using the most common definitions of words when posting, rather than obscure, out-of-date, or other potentially-misleading usages.  But to your point: please define "unfair".  You don't get to set either word meanings or item prices (indeed, none of us do).  So when you say something like 'unfair', please explain how I (or any other given player who isn't you) would conclude that what's going on is unfair to them.

Please give examples of "unfair tactics" which players have used.  If they really are unfair, I'm sure DE will do whatever they can to rectify the situation; they have a pretty good track record in this regard.

I'm sorry, but you don't come across as someone who's trying to fix a situation, you just sound like you don't like it.  Again, if that's the case, you're welcome to your opinion, just know that you're one of thousands of posters who are unhappy with DE about something; no better, and no worse.

"You're just another in the grand design, and I've gotten used to bad news"

people who have this "insider information" are obviously better off than those who never peruse forums and watch prime time...in case you are not aware, people take "earning platinum" seriously and treat warframe items like stocks

Then it would suddenly screw people over, which is far worse, announcing beforehand is a better approach. 

Value goes up because item is becoming more rare? Welcome to the economics 101. 

Its not Extortion. Its players Price Gouging other players. Other than the act of Removing These items. What DE did isn't bad. Players who need to get it can hurry up to farm. Players who want to sell it can hurry up to farm.

Since everyone is trying to get these items Supply states prices will fall when compared to them suddenly just removing it without warning. This is due to a higher supply. Everyone talks about "OMG Prime Set is going for 300p now." That is only people trying to sell it for that much. I remember when Diablo 3 CE ran out of stock for preorder and people went nuts trying to sell their (yet unobtained copy) for hundreds of dollars, only to have the item return to inventory a few weeks later.

The problem isn't people selling at crazy prices its people who are stupid enough to buy it. Its all Hype, and DE didn't do anything wrong warning people about their bad decision. Their mistake was the decision to remove the item.

stop it with the "holier-than-thou" accusations

You think I'm the only one who feels this way?

the population on console who don't use forums will articulate this regardless if it was me who posted this or someone else.

it is a common topic.

Holier than thou? What the heck are you talking about. This has nothing to do with that. However this is a whiny thread.. they have given a reasonable warning, and it's just a change in the game yet you have made a thread asking for something unreasonable because you believe something that doesn't exist. 

So people won't be able to scam exploit? Like are you serious? People are selling it for higher. If people don't know any better to buy for that high or farm for themselves that's not an exploit or scam. Everyone has the ability to research and look into things on their own. If they want to know the price or something or want to say, idk, FARM IT THEMSELVES they can. 

Holier than thou? What the heck are you talking about. This has nothing to do with that. However this is a whiny thread.. they have given a reasonable warning, and it's just a change in the game yet you have made a thread asking for something unreasonable because you believe something that doesn't exist. 

So people won't be able to scam exploit? Like are you serious? People are selling it for higher. If people don't know any better to buy for that high or farm for themselves that's not an exploit or scam. Everyone has the ability to research and look into things on their own. If they want to know the price or something or want to say, idk, FARM IT THEMSELVES they can. 

Don't bother trying to reason with them; a lot of people on these forums have made up their minds that charging a high price is the same as perpetrating some kind of fraud.

Don't bother trying to reason with them; a lot of people on these forums have made up their minds that charging a high price is the same as perpetrating some kind of fraud.

Yea i guess it really is like fighting a useless battle.