The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes: Ridiculously Hard To Obtain.

TheVoidStrafer

Here are the results of a 40 Wave defense on Earth.

http://s166.photobucket.com/user/L3gacyJace/media/Capture_zpshdpowihr.jpg.html

We had a Greedy Mag, Frost, Nekros, and myself as Mesa. After Forty waves, 1419 kills, a ton of team energy restores, we managed to get 28 Detonate Ampules(I have a double resource pick up active), which are basically worthless, but NOT A SINGLE NEURODE.

Even if we had gotten 1 Neurode that is still a 7E^-4% drop rate. This is insanity for ending with enemies that were ~level 40. There is not a single resource as impossible to obtain as these things. The only bosses that drop them are Vay Hek, ODA Boss, and Mutated Alad V.

I understand why certain drops need to be rare i.e. Tellurium. However unlike Tellurium, EVERYTHING requires Neurodes PLEASE consider increasing their drop rate.  

If it was a common resource then anything that requires it would mean nothing to build.

The reason I use them is for the hordes of terrible weapons in the market. I have used probably 400 Neurodes between forma and all the weapons and I am still not done building them. The #1 resource I need at all times is Neurodes. 

I don't understand why you need that party just to farm neurodes.

We were trying to see if we could get a lot by doing a well constructed team and doing long defense runs. The fact that it took 15 seconds for me to find a specifically requested team at 2am says a lot about how many people need them so desperately. 

I do, I do them constantly, but it consumes keys and I can only build a finite amount.

Well in my experience it is faster than your average earth defense, you can also try playing some Eris matches since infested are so much more numerous.

Although do open every locker and container in ODAs, if you're lucky you can make another key right away from the golem nav coordinates from the previous ODA.

I've always done ODA for neurodes or as of lately, gotten a fair bit of them farming for the brakk (20 of them so far). So If you don't have the brakk, you might wanna try that even tho it's not a guarantee that G3 will come.

I craft forma every day and still have about 150 neurodes despite I never farmed them on purpose. I just can't understand why people say they are rare. The only time when I really was low on them was when I still didn't finished crafting market weapons.

I get at least two Ns when I run Exterminations. Your playing the wrong game mode. Not all modes have the same drop rate for things.

Whats that saying? Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting the same result is the definition of insanity.

You had about 1400 kills and got none? I'm actually not surprised, usually before they nerfed excavation spawns you'd get like 40 for 25000 kills.   

They are indeed ridiculously hard to get. Orokin cells and Neural Sensors drop a lot more for me AND you can farm those off bosses, while only option for neurodes is Vay Hek, which is too slow to be worth the 30% chance to get one.    

I managed to pile up enough of them to last me for a while, but if I had to farm them now I'd probably get a booster and do lephantis runs or ODD.

I tend to take my Vauban or Nekros to Akkad and level up weapons at the same time.  Roughly 1.25 neurodes per 20 waves.

Nonetheless, neurodes are anomalous.  They are the only thing I have have to frequently farm for and I don't think DE want this to be a farming game.

Defense is terrible for resource farm. Excavation, survival are much better. Complaining that you don't get neurodes in defense is like complaining you don't get xp in extermination. Big surprise.

Why would enemies drop fewer resources in a defense mission than excavation and survival?

Edited by Fifield

I tend to take my Vauban or Nekros to Akkad and level up weapons at the same time.  Roughly 1.25 neurodes per 20 waves.

Nonetheless, neurodes are anomalous.  They are the only thing I have have to frequently farm for and I don't think DE want this to be a farming game.

Why would enemies drop fewer resources in a defense mission than excavation and survival?

Defense has slower spawns than Excavation and Survival.

Personally, I just run Hives on Eris whenever I'm bored.