Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Worst Mod In The Game? (Not Including Cracked Mods)

Contentration

Maglev? How is that a bad mod?

If you're looking for speed, maglev and rush works very will together. Also having a high attack speed melee weapon with that will make you rush missions a little bit faster than without. (If you can handle the speed that is). From what I've experienced the Maglev increase the initial boost of speed you get from sprint crouching. Which makes it usefull for builds where you might not wanna use a melee weapon to lvl other weapons instead and not having the melee weapon take a bit of exp.

I use it from time to time actually, more than I use Ammo Drum (but hey, who needs a ammo drum on a Latron Wraith? That weapon got some ammo xD)

Hey Ammo Drum has its uses. It might be super common but it's definitely not useless. 

I'm going to go with Diamond Skin, Flame Repellent, Warm Coat and Intruder.

Diamond skin is usefull against corpus and when I'm using shield builds agains them I use that instead of steel fiber, not on something like Valkyrie, but maybe a Zephyr. Fire Repellent is actually usefull whilst farming/killing Sargas Ruk. (Sometimes I just can't be bothered to dodge his stuff so I smack that on instead xD)

Edited by Casperh40

If you're looking for speed, maglev and rush works very will together. Also having a high attack speed melee weapon with that will make you rush missions a little bit faster than without. (If you can handle the speed that is). From what I've experienced the Maglev increase the initial boost of speed you get from sprint crouching. Which makes it usefull for builds where you might not wanna use a melee weapon to lvl other weapons instead and not having the melee weapon take a bit of exp.

I use it from time to time actually, more than I use Ammo Drum (but hey, who needs a ammo drum on a Latron Wraith? That weapon got some ammo xD)

Maglev also makes everything that uses sliding better including front flipping and coptering.

Even if you don't use melee, it'll give more speed than rush does if used properly. Only thing where rush is useful is walljumping.

What do you mean by worst mod, bad or useless?

As a bad mod I would pick Shield Flux and as a useless mod there is Aviator as there is no(won't be) flying frame yet(ever).

I see a lot of people arguing between Maglev and Intruder but I know people that use them but I don't know a single person that uses Aviator.

Maglev also makes everything that uses sliding better including front flipping and coptering.

Even if you don't use melee, it'll give more speed than rush does if used properly. Only thing where rush is useful is walljumping.

I've always wondered about that, but since I often used both at the same time I couldn't really tell which one did which, thanks! I'll note that down and spread the word;)

A lot of these are actually useful if you know what you're doing.

Intruder, however, doesn't even work on grineer consoles, and, increases your hack time available from 20 seconds to 26 seconds on corpus hacks. That's not bad, but the average hack time if you check player profiles is somewhere around 6-7 seconds--it is exceedingly rare that anyone is bad enough at corpus puzzles that this is useful, and the existence of ciphers means it's not even the most-useful option for them.

Gonna have to go with Warm Coat. You never know when you're going to get a cryogenic core malfunction. If it were predictable, it might have some value. But throwing in there just in case is simply not a done thing. Most of the time it is literally useless, not just bad.

A close second is Intruder. The most complicated of ciphers, the sort you find on really high tier Corpus spy 2.0 missions... even those don't take nearly the full default time to hack. Grineer ciphers aren't even timed. It might not be technically useless, but it's pretty close.

Most of the other arguably bad ones have situational but predictable uses, making them not half as bad as Warm Coat. Flame repellent is useful against Ruk, or things like that Gift of the Lotus that was 90% Napalms and Scorches. Diamond Skin can be helpful for Void Vault runs, if you know you're probably gonna be running or falling through a lot of the lasers. Aviator only goes on Zephyr, and only in certain situations/tilesets, but I have found it useful in some rare circumstances. Just a few examples off the top of my head.

Aviator. Diamond skin. Intruder. Provoked. Rapid Resilience. Retribution. Shield flux. Warm coat. Continuous misery. Eagle eye.

Provoked is useful in non-solo nightmare runs, if you run a squishier frame. You might spend a lot of time on the ground, you want to clear the area around you and pick targets off the back of any potential revivers.

For me it has to be Aviator.

Edited by Hyenasaurus