Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Weapon Modding Is A Headache

KidMemphis

DE, can you just not? It's a pain having to have two of the same weapons mods leveled for use with Sentinel Weapons

Example:

If you want to use your Maxed 10/10 Serration on your Laser Rifle (Sentinel Weapon), you can't if you have it on your Soma (Primary Weapon) so you have to rank up a duplicate Serration mod

Edited by KidMemphis

My workaround: Supercharge sweeper and any other weapon, you like. Then pick the one, which does not have the same mods as your primary (that is if you use anything, but a shotgun, use sweeper).

Still annoying, but slightly less, then re-modding

Edited by DjaAkh

Agreed. I have currently found a compromise with my Carrier Sentinel though. I'm not a big shotgun user so I don't run into conflicts with him and have all my leveled shotgun mods on his sweeper. If for some odd reason I am using a shotgun then I'll equip the Sentinel with a rifle instead.

Edit: Tenno'd

Edited by (XB1)YoungSykotic182

Agreed. Either sentinels should use the same mods with no conflicts, or they should get their own weapon mods.

While I'm not opposed to the second option there giving sentinels their own damage mods, I think it'd be much easier to just allow the user to share mods between weapons and sentinels.

DE, can you just not? It's a pain having to have two of the same weapons mods leveled for use with Sentinel Weapons

Example:

If you want to use your Maxed 10/10 Serration on your Burst Laser (Sentinel Weapon), you can't if you have it on your Soma (Primary Weapon) so you have to rank up a duplicate Serration mod

I agree with the principle of what you're saying, but the Burst Laser uses pistol mods (e.g. - not Serration).

That said, I would vastly prefer not having this "conflict".  My present work-around is to use Sweeper when I have a rifle out, or one of the rifle weapons when I have a shotgun out (mostly the former).  Since I don't "frequent" shotguns, it seems like a mostly effective way to handle it on our end.  

The problem is you can have varying "needs" from your weapons.  If you're using a stealthy weapon as your primary, you're hosed with Sweeper because shotguns can't be silenced.

• 1 month later...

I've only found it to work with Helios Deconstructor

I use Obex, frequently

I can have Primed Heavy Trauma (same mod equipped on both)

Only if I go to navigation via options menu without confirming load out.

If I try the same thing with other Sentinel weapons it removes the mod regardless. (At least UI stats reflect mods were removed.)

But Deconstructor retains Primed Heavy Trauma along with Obex.

I do the same when using Kestrel with Banshee/Nova/Mesa

Agreed. Either sentinels should use the same mods with no conflicts, or they should get their own weapon mods.

by this point having more rank 10 mods to level would seriously hurt especially since im on 8/10 on my second serration. I would rather there just not be conflict when using duplicate mods so i can sell my second serration or keep it for weapons that cant afford my bigger one yet.

OH my god this. One maxed out Serration please, or Sentinel-specific mods that won't conflict. 
I run all my Sentinel weapons without mods. It's easier and I don't have to grind out another maxed everything.

Especially when you consider Sweeper and Primed Point Blank.

Just do as i Do when i use rifle my sentinel uses Sweeper ( shotgun )  its almost always and when i use Shotgun my sentinel uses Rifle weapon works pretty good and this way you just need to spend 3 formas on 2 weapons instead of lvling up duplicates mods that takes hell out of time

True, but I really don't like not being given the option to use whichever I choose...

Sure you do.  Use a shotgun when you want to use a laser on your sentinel.  I really don't see a problem with this.  There is a mod for a rifle.  You can choose to use that mod on your /physical/ rifle or on your sentinel's /physical/ rifle.  You can't use the same mod on two rifles at the same time.

Do some of you really know what you're asking?  This is really funny.

Right now, mods can be shared among all weapons.  Rifle mods can be put on primary weapons and sentinel weapons.  Same with the other mods.  Of course they can't be installed on both weapons, BUT you only have to mod up the "heavy mods" once.

What some people are requesting are SEPARATE mods for sentinel weapons.  So people can't currently share a maxed Heavy Caliber (which I agree shouldn't be shared between two EQUIPPED weapons) they was a WHOLE separate class of mods which they'll have to level up from zero.  

Is that really what you people want?

Right now, you can put your maxed serration, heavy caliber, and so on on a primary or a sentinel.  The player can pick and choose which he wants.  But since some players don't like that, for whatever reason, they would rather have a whole new mods they have to rank up from zero.  That makes no sense.

Right now, it is very convenient that mods can be shared between the sentinel and the player.  Leave well enough alone. 

Do some of you really know what you're asking?  This is really funny.

Right now, mods can be shared among all weapons.  Rifle mods can be put on primary weapons and sentinel weapons.  Same with the other mods.  Of course they can't be installed on both weapons, BUT you only have to mod up the "heavy mods" once.

What some people are requesting are SEPARATE mods for sentinel weapons.  So people can't currently share a maxed Heavy Caliber (which I agree shouldn't be shared between two EQUIPPED weapons) they was a WHOLE separate class of mods which they'll have to level up from zero.  

Is that really what you people want?

Right now, you can put your maxed serration, heavy caliber, and so on on a primary or a sentinel.  The player can pick and choose which he wants.  But since some players don't like that, for whatever reason, they would rather have a whole new mods they have to rank up from zero.  That makes no sense.

Right now, it is very convenient that mods can be shared between the sentinel and the player.  Leave well enough alone. 

I mean, sure, having separate offensive sentinel weapon mods wouldn't be the ideal answer here, but I find it overly redundant having to have duplicate mods maxed out just to be able to use certain sentinel weapons with certain manual weapons.

The system, as is, is broken and I hope you can see that.

Except for the most part they aren't. 

Explain to me how exactly it's convenient when I have easily 15+ rifles fully modded and forma'd and 1 Sentinel rifle I may like to use, but I need to go through and unmod every one of those weapons one at a time just to fit those mods on a Sentinel rifle and then re-do the process whenever I swap back to rifles? 

Convenient in practice for maybe a select few players, but inconvenient for most of us in my opinion. 

I'd much rather we be able to share mods between our Sentinels without having to unmod all our primaries to do so. It was a bug when they first implemented the mod sharing feature and I personally feel it should have been present to begin with. 

Except for the most part they aren't. 

Explain to me how exactly it's convenient when I have easily 15+ rifles fully modded and forma'd and 1 Sentinel rifle I may like to use, but I need to go through and unmod every one of those weapons one at a time just to fit those mods on a Sentinel rifle and then re-do the process whenever I swap back to rifles? 

Convenient in practice for maybe a select few players, but inconvenient for most of us in my opinion. 

I'd much rather we be able to share mods between our Sentinels without having to unmod all our primaries to do so. It was a bug when they first implemented the mod sharing feature and I personally feel it should have been present to begin with. 

My thoughts exactly, but my thought is that if DE intended for us to have to have duplicate ranked mods for sentinel weapons, that it would be far less complicated if they'd just implement separate sentinel weapon mods to lessen the complication.