The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Chromas New Helm! [Megathread]

XAvICoreZ

He still looks a bit spaghetti-bodied, but he looks MUCH MORE dignified now. If they did indeed change him, my applause. However if the anteater face is the default, I retract my applause. We'll see.

Confirmed on FB that it's the real main helmet.

The original look, That wasn't even his final form!

Isn't it sort of a trend where the less desirable helmet is the default and the much more badass looking ones are the alternate ones? (eg: Mirage)

But look at Mesa, and imagine if her alt helmet had been the default. That thing is UGLY. I can't even tell what it is supposed to be. Do you think Mesa would have sold so well* with that helmet in all of her promotional material?

*I don't know if Mesa actually sold well, i'm just assuming because she's a fantastic frame and the means to obtain here were as pleasant as piercing your hand with a nail. So a lot of people probably bought her.

Apparenlty it's his new default helmet?

I like it better than the old one, not that I hated it mind you. I just found the snout was too small/slender compared to his body. I would have like a tatsu-like snout though.

Also, funny how some butthurt people are whining that "whiners won". The vast majority didn't like it. Get over yourselves. And who knows, maybe the "old" one will become the alt helmet? That way everyone(?) will be happy in the end.

Edited by Marthrym

All DE confirmed on facebook is that this new helmet is not an alt helmet...doesn't mean it's the base helmet.

Here is a question-Does the helmet change based on energy color?

Chromatic Dragons from D&D have different helmets based on their element. 

Could be that DE is going for that....not sure.

Edited by Ronyn

I'm just saying Chroma looks like an infested, Nekros is kinda the same way

You have an opinion and I stated mine nothing wrong

Ah, I see, I apologize for the outburst, I was unwarranted.

Out of curiosity: where would you say my love of Ash's design falls into that?

So... to hell with those of us who liked the design? so maybe we should start pestering DE to finally change frost prime and Excalibur prime since they look like crap and their designer's word is obviously worth nothing now.

Sorry to say this, but the ones who liked Chroma's design were a minority. However, if this makes you feel better, I bet his original helmet is gonna be an alternative one.

All DE confirmed on facebook is that this new helmet is not an alt helmet...doesn't mean it's the base helmet.

So... to hell with those of us who liked the design? so maybe we should start pestering DE to finally change frost prime and Excalibur prime since they look like crap and their designer's word is obviously worth nothing now.

You can't please everyone, The fact that it SEEMED like the majority didn't like the design then they had to change it, if you're lucky they might have swapped the helmets so that the one on Sanctuary is the main and the one you liked is now the alternate

Edited by Eredoc

Sorry to say this, but the ones who liked Chroma's design were a minority. However, if this makes you feel better, I bet his original helmet is gonna be an alternative one.

Most likely. Honestly this was the best way DE could've gone with this situation. I applaud them for taking the time to listen to their fans and changing appropriately. 

• If thats the alt helmet then gee goly this is going to be another ugly warframe
    • Not the Alt Helm!

Taken from FB page.

Since when have we believed anything in FB page? :O

Edited by Mabswer

What do you mean by the first sentece it doesnt make any sense :D

That helmet looks awesome. Was not a fan of the original snout looking thing on his head. If the snout never returns I wouldn't miss it... I'm sure DE can design a better looking alt-helm than that!

Definitely looking more dragon like now! Good job DE!