Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Wars Battlefront Gameplay Reveal

Sixty5

CAebvd_VIAEfyo2.jpg

It has been confirmed for sometime in April

I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I will make an exception here

I know EA tend to have a bad history with this sort of thing, but I for some reason am optimistic. Hell I am even hyped

qVKf5CJ.gif

CAebvd_VIAEfyo2.jpg

It has been confirmed for sometime in April

I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I will make an exception here

I know EA tend to have a bad history with this sort of thing, but I for some reason am optimistic. Hell I am even hyped

qVKf5CJ.gif

This is taking too long for my poor heart.

I swear if EA fucks this up...

Give me Mirror's Edge 2, not Battlefront.

Getting my tattoo this weekend.

It is a prequel, the original team isn't involved, Ms. Pratchett is not doing the writing, and when it was announced they said they were focusing more on combat for this game.

My hopes are not high for ME(-1).

They aren't high for Battlefront either, so...

I miss DICE making good games instead of shovelware. It kills all the hype for new games.

Edited by egregiousRac

I hope they don't ruin it.

Have they confirmed whether it's third person yet? Gotta have the option to be third person it just won't entirely be the same.

Just looking forward to possibly awesome looking space battles or taking part in the Battle of Hoth.

>_> Nerdgasm!

Edited by Naith

It is a prequel, the original team isn't involved, Ms. Pratchett is not doing the writing, and when it was announced they said they were focusing more on combat for this game.

My hopes are not high for ME(-1).

DICE is still making it, the original didn't have the best story either, and they are focusing on making the combat better, not making it the focus itself.

I'm sure you'll still be able to do a no weapons walkthrough if you wanted.

And open-world is a huge plus.

First World Problems

No, first world problems fall into a different category. 

This is me being disgusted by EA's arrogance and unearned pride. That's Moral disgust that can exist in either a first world or third world setting. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I guess this is the leaked reveal: 

The running looks like crap.  It looks fake, as if the legs are moving faster than what the character aught to be moving.  But, it's EA, of course it's bullS#&$.

P.S. Battlefield 4 was a rehashed piece of junk.

Edited by ThePresident777

The running looks like crap.  It looks fake, as if the legs are moving faster than what the character aught to be moving.  But, it's EA, of course it's bullS#&$.

I know that's supposed to be alpha footage, but it looks like a PS2 game. Are they really going to try to pass this crap as current-gen? Even Watchdogs has a better lighting engine than this. 

Now that I think about it, I reckon this is from the battlefront 3 build that got canned before EA bought the IP. The new one is supposed to be using the Frostbite engine, and Frostbite games usually look a whole lot better than that. 

Unfortunately, every single one of them plays horribly. 

Edited by Plasmaface

EA

With that company behind every decision, no good games can come up. They always have to interfere to get the max possible cash out of people.

No wonder they have been voted "worst company" 2 years in a row.

EA is hardly the best company in the world, but they are far from the worst. Also, not all of their games are horrible. I suggest waiting and seeing.

This is from the cancelled battlefront 3. Different game

Wrong game. This is Battlefront 3, before it was cancelled. Maybe you should actually read the video description.

I know that's supposed to be alpha footage, but it looks like a PS2 game. Are they really going to try to pass this crap as current-gen? Even Watchdogs has a better lighting engine than this. 

Was going to be for last gen and was cancelled. This is not Ea's Battlefront.