Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Initial Reaction To Pvp 2.0

Burns2PvP

#1. Weapons are now flat damage, as they said.. Some of them don't make sense..

Mk1 Paris > Paris Prime > Paris (In that order)

Boar > Boar Prime

Gorgon > Wraith > Prisma

Latron > Paris (didn't know a string you pulled back to push an arrow through someone did that little in comparison to a semi auto gun..)

Boar Series > Strun Series... Strun aren't full auto, yet the boars are 1 less damage?

Semi Auto > Full Auto > Bow > Shotgun.. (Close range for this example. My boar did a max of 50 damage. The Latron does 30-50 at max, no HS involved.. Idk the whole thing needs a looking at. The bows need to be buffed significantly. They are not hitscans and they require charged shots. Shotguns need a major increase in dps the closer they are (Not damage drop off. Try multishot spread)

Fang > Fang Prime

.. Too much to list. Check your values again.

#2. Rhino is the fastest unit with vanguard.. * mind blown * Ontop of that, his armor ratings are out of the roof.

Abilities rarely hit

#3. The mod for if they hit once it heatseeks.. Now this is just stupid, put Melee Auto Targeting and this is already existing. * Mind blown again *

#4. Host migration glitches.

... Long story short : I Respawned in enemy terratory (Because people left which forced swap sides), If I died, I didn't respawn and before I left we were 14/3.

#5. Melees. Slide spamming needs to either be removed or the melees need a bit of a debuff on the sliding. That and/or primaries need more damage. Takes me a full clip on a gorgon to take someone out meanwhile it takes 5 hits with a melee (A quarter of the time) to kill them.

#6. Map Length. I know this is a player skill thing to make them longer / shorter but ever tried playing hide'n'go seek with two players holding the flag ? Not easy. Give an indicator of where they went

#7. "Dropped". Try finding your flag when someone has hid it on the map to kill you before going to grab it to put it away. Show where it got dropped otherwise its a maze and a bit of a shi show.

#8. Getting disconnected due to host leaving = your console is broken (Especially if you hit escape).

#9. Pretty much moving anywhere in the menu that blocks you and hitting escape break the whole workings of the thing.

#10. Map Holes. I will be reporting this at a later time. I feared for these, I dreaded the moment when I saw the first map and I was right. There are map holes. Everywhere. In the tunnels (through vaulting), in the air(through aerial attack + globing), through even basic wall breaks. They are so abundant there. Don't make 90º walls  (Tip for the pvp dev team)

As a person who wants to see anyone using Painkiller or Ballistic Vests to melt in a pot of sulfuric acid on CoD, I would like to vent the same anger towards Iron Skin users. Extra hp with no downfalls in a PvP game is just stupid. I mean if there was like a movement speed penalty and Rhino turns into the heavy weapons guy, I wouldn't mind as much, but with full mobility and also coptering with zorens makes killing an Iron Skin Rhino almost impossible.

played a couple more matches, seems every match consists of either a nova, oberon or ash. PvP dev team, disable all other frame abilities you haven't touched so you don't have to worry about this being a problem and this also encourages swapping to one with skills

#2. Rhino is the fastest unit with vanguard.. * mind blown * Ontop of that, his armor ratings are out of the roof.

Abilities rarely hit

#5. Melees. Slide spamming needs to either be removed or the melees need a bit of a debuff on the sliding. That and/or primaries need more damage. Takes me a full clip on a gorgon to take someone out meanwhile it takes 5 hits with a melee (A quarter of the time) to kill them.

#6. Map Length. I know this is a player skill thing to make them longer / shorter but ever tried playing hide'n'go seek with two players holding the flag ? Not easy. Give an indicator of where they went

This.

Some thoughts and suggestions. Won't really talk about bugs, I'm sure DE is on it.

Slide attack is cheap and easy to pull off, is fast, and hits like a truck. That's one move that gives survivability, mobility, and damage. I've had matches where everyone's just doing this, and when someone with IS comes sliding towards you...well.

Some air melee has so much momentum that I can cross from one side to the other with a couple Spinzakus. Particularly in the shortest map, I can pick up the Cephalon and score a point within the first 10 seconds. If someone in my team is doing the same and is timing it right, all 5 points will be done very quickly.

-Turn that (wide area aoe) slide attack to a (pinpoint) forward stab/punch with high stamina cost. That way, we have to aim it properly and not just hit them on the back swing.

-Remove delay from rolls (any direction). Proper evasive maneuvers have to be a thing.

-Add a min-max sprint speed. Anyone who holds shift will start at the minimum sprint speed and gradually increase that speed while shift is held. When the warframe stops, changes direction by a lot, or lets go of the shift key, the sprint speed will reset to minimum.

-Remove weapon charge when sprint reaches max speed. 

-Slight movespeed debuff when IS is on

-Reduce air melee forward momentum. 

-Reduce the stamina requirement of everything and reduce the passive regen of stamina to a trickle. Then, make it so that when stamina gets to zero, the warframe staggers. Add a sound indication for low stamina.

-In the small map, Turn that Cephalon room into a vault. Lock the doors and laser trap the vent. Make the doors open with the power of friendship. Put an alarm on the laser trap.

-Also, people have been prolonging the fight by holding on to the Cephalon without turning it in. Add an in game marker that marks the Cephalon's locations. The Cephalon is also part of the team, right? That way there's less hide-and-seek and more fights. Teams know who to attack, and who to defend.

Iron skin should be duration based

Ults should just be removed

Energy orbs should only give ten pts per

Parkour is lacking. I think the frames feel too slow and sluggish.

Somehow prisma gorgon fire rate didn't feel uniform across multiple rounds

Frames should get equal invis and invulnerable periods on spawn

Ceohalons shouldn't require the other being home to score

Energy orbs should spawn less frequent as camping ulters are an issue

Energy pool should be reduced to that of one ult if ults are going to be a thing

Frosts globe

Volts speed

Less shields more health

Arrow flight speed should go up

(...) Ceohalons shouldn't require the other being home to score (...)

it would turn into a rush-fest

on a side note, i like how they made the conclave master be samurai-themed and all, and then decided to flip off the japanese by making him pakistani or something, i actually laughed when i saw him

Iron skin should be duration based

Ults should just be removed

Energy orbs should only give ten pts per

Parkour is lacking. I think the frames feel too slow and sluggish.

Somehow prisma gorgon fire rate didn't feel uniform across multiple rounds

Ceohalons shouldn't require the other being home to score

/Energy orbs should spawn less frequent as camping ulters are an issue/

Going over some of these and the problem in realism with them.

#1, Iron Skin. The augment would become near worthless. I believe it should have a 30 second cooldown after the use of iron skin. That would give people plenty of time to kill the person

#2, Ults being removed. Just needs more balancing, they aren't even worth their use imo

#3, I get around all the maps just fine using parkour. I am not sure where you refer to

#4. I have noticed that myself.

#5. They should, but they need to have a way to locate the other cepalon every 10 seconds or so and have less rhino iron skinning / bs.

#6. The energy orbs are a major issue. Abilities are 4x better than our guns, and we can grab energy a dime a dozen. In the origional conclave we relied on guns, now just to see this mass ability crap is depressing.

Also vs'd a rhino. Was fairly well a 1v1 me and him. He mass iron skinned. as soon as you took out his skin, he would hit another one making him perma invulnerable in the old jupiter look alike conclave. Wanted to do a quick match before school. Turned into a 40 minute long match of stale fighting. Allies would run into him, die, I would run into him, iron charge, shield explosion, iron skin damn near immediately. Kind of a wtf.

The Ironskin... I swear to god.

So, the devs want skill to be more important. So whats happening is you've got a game, you want to make it revolve around skill. So what you do is balance all the weapons. Ok. Cut out large portions of the weapons. Makes sense. Then add the least skill based warframe in the whole god damn game. WHAT!? Rhino is not a warframe that requires any skill. His first ability is pretty much the same as excaliburs. Ironskin just puts on craploads of health, with no drawbacks, little cost, and its spammable. His Roar gives everyone a big damage buff. Not completely unfair, but does cut down on a need for skill. But then again, thats what buffs do, they make it easier. His fourth does a massive, non-LOS 360 degree attack that should kill everyone, and if it does not, leaves them stunlocked. And on top of all of this, hes the fastest with the vanguard helmet. Who thought adding rhino to a supposedly "skill requiring" PvP?! Who thought it was a good idea!?

I have already left PvP, the rhinos are growing in numbers, and the Ironskin spam is too much to bear. Unkillable sanics who rush from side to side, killing everyone on the way through is not fun for me.

Letting one frame have a whole extra hp-bar really imbalances the playing field. Might as well have restricted conclaves to Rhino only. I like the ideas of making it hobble rhino though. Then they would just copter around but at least it would have some downside for how much power it brings.