Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp is not a dirty word.

Zakalwe

I wouldn't mind for a more polished horde mode. Take that wave system and add to it, for instance if you guys ever plan to go onto making planets to land on make wider maps than just that ship room. Than make it so the Tenno join with no items and a credit system is used within the match from killing enemys. Make smaller units come out as computers and the heavy units be actual players. Just food for thought.

Secondly you could just do an old dark sector type PvP where one guy takes on the power of the tenno and has a pre-set point build and no mods for the warframe and gos against other soldiers which would be the players. I enjoyed this alot in the original dark sector, gives you that feeling of ULTIMATE POWER.

Also I think tenno versus tenno PvP would be terrible. Personally I wouldn't play it but its not my call to make is it haha. Good luck DE's

Edited by TheGrayFox

Well, lore-wise, since we seem to lack much to go on, I'd say lore could be worked so as to agree with the idea of PvP.

I'd like, in PvP, a more team-oriented game. Not a death match. That'll just be everyone spamming 'E' all day long. We could have say, CTF, King of The Hill, that kinda stuff. Or maybe we could follow in the L4D2 style of versus. One side becomes the enemy, perhaps special class or something and have say unlimited respawns with cool down and the Teeno have to do a normal mission, say, destroy the Gen or something. That'll be cool and still require teamwork.

It would be interesting to play dungeon-master-styled pvp. I mean one player (Evil One, lol) creates a map (another starship ot whatever), places fancy traps, controlling enemies' legions and so on. And some team of 4 players (yeah, that's the Righteous Ones) challenges the Evil Player on his map. They just playing as always, and the Evil One plays like RTS. I think it would be fun.

That would be amazing! Unfortunately I havn't seen a game yet that has done what I envisioned when you said that and I don't see warframe being the one to do it. :(

Also, Tenno vs Tenno is the way to go, clearly!

So you are suggesting to introduce a game mode against the lore and against the developer's vision, dismiss people who respect lore with "God, lore pedants..." and you implicitly call people disagreeing with you irrational while you laud yourself as quite the judicious character.

With all due respect, but all things combined, I cannot help but feel that you would rather impose your perception of DE's vision on Warframe then understanding and seeing why their vision is as it currently is stated. You see PvP potential in this game, whereas the past has shown that PvP in dungeon crawlers borders on insult. Yet, you insist with your general idea to be a good one. You also try to make amends to appease the PvE crowd with "once PvE is done" sentences, but you seem to forget that PvE will never be truly done. As with many F2P titles, constant development and evolution is what many of us hope for. More factions, missions, tilesets, frames, weapons, etc. - and PvP would mean that such developments are put on hold ... or slow down. And we don't like that.

If you cannot follow how DE is looking at this game, that is fine. It is not to be expected to agree in taste, right? Yet, calling yourself rational whilst ignoring the environment your are in as you state that message there ... is a little bit odd. A rationalist would accept and understand what DE is saying, what the game consists off and what the genre works like. Instead, you are asking for a feature that has no framework, no plugin, no hand held out for such implementations. And that is not very rational.

I don't hate PvP. I am playing Blacklight:Retribution between Warframe sessions, for example. I also played WoW battlegrounds, or the Battlefield series. All nice and dandy, all meant to be PvP games. This just isn't one of them. And that is why I oppose PvP. It will negatively affect PvE development and attract ... the wrong crowd.

Edited by Ced23Ric

So you are suggesting to introduce a game mode against the lore and against the developer's vision, dismiss people who respect lore with "God, lore pedants..." and you implicitly call people disagreeing with you irrational while you laud yourself as quite the judicious character.

Two words: Training Program. Fits lore perfectly then.

You need to lighten up a little.

With all due respect, but all things combined, I cannot help but feel that you would rather impose your perception of DE's vision on Warframe then understanding and seeing why their vision is as it currently is stated. You see PvP potential in this game, whereas the past has shown that PvP in dungeon crawlers borders on insult. Yet, you insist with your general idea to be a good one. You also try to make amends to appease the PvE crowd with "once PvE is done" sentences, but you seem to forget that PvE will never be truly done. As with many F2P titles, constant development and evolution is what many of us hope for. More factions, missions, tilesets, frames, weapons, etc. - and PvP would mean that such developments are put on hold ... or slow down.

This game is a very mobile TPS, and the core mechanics of it would lend themselves very well to pvp. Even if dungeon crawlers haven't done pvp right before, that doesn't mean DE could be incapable of doing it well. What a silly suggestion.

If this game does well enough there will be a point where the development of pvp would be a perfectly viable option due to increased revenue and would not hinder pve development. Too many cooks, etc.. the old prverb is true, just because you CAN keep throwing resources and piling on more and more developers on top a project doesn't mean you should, there will come a point when development of other modes will make sense.

And we don't like that.

YOU don't like that.

If you cannot follow how DE is looking at this game, that is fine.

Actually, they've not once said the game will NEVER have pvp. They said they want to make a brilliant pve game instead of trying to develop two mediocre games. Once they consider that achieved, pvp could be an avenue they decide to explore.

Yet, calling yourself rational whilst ignoring the environment your are in as you state that message there ... is a little bit odd.

Right, except I'm not doing that. You are.

his just isn't one of them. And that is why I oppose PvP. It will negatively affect PvE development and attract ... the wrong crowd.

The wrong crowd... lol. Don't be so elitist. There is no such thing as "the wrong crowd" there are just people who enjoy a game for what it is.

And plenty of us would love a pvp mode, and plenty of us don't mind if that never happens too.

I've no idea why you suddenly felt the need to write all of that, and I hope you understand irony because your post is full of it.

Edited by Zakalwe

Every game has bad elements. I've already had a few people tell me in game that I'm a p2w noob, or "money can't buy you skill", and those were the polite ones.

I've 15 years of online gaming experience, and every community has been the same. Most people are decent enough, but a few can't help being rude/superior/malicious/etc...

This game already has its fair share.

This game is a very mobile TPS, and the core mechanics of it would lend themselves very well to pvp.

That is were you fail to see the game past the TPS shooter element. But that is okay, I cannot argue against personal predisposition. It has been pointed out and explained more than once why PvP doesn't fit Warframe, but I guess you only have to see what you want to see. Or, actively ignore what is there to fit your hopes and wishes.

Actually, they've not once said the game will NEVER have pvp. They said they want to make a brilliant pve game instead of trying to develop two mediocre games. Once they consider that achieved, pvp could be an avenue they decide to explore.

Except that they said just that. If PvP, then Borderlands style duels, but that's it. PvP not on the map. Not "later", mind you. Not at all. If you wish to interpret "We don't want to make a PvP game, but a PvE game" as "We want to make a PvE game and later on tack PvP on to it.", please, be my guest. It doesn't help your case, it only sets you up for disappointment.

Right, except I'm not doing that. You are.

Oh yeah? So I dreamt this one?

Sincerely,

Any rational thinking user.

The wrong crowd... lol. Don't be so elitist. There is no such thing as "the wrong crowd" there are just people who enjoy a game for what it is.

Please, you really don't want to tell me that F2P shooters aren't overrun by kids who cannot afford games and insult your mother before their voices dropped? And that PvP, in it's very nature, fosters elitist behaviour and star-allures?

The essence is, I am not against PvP in general. Love PvP myself. But Warframe has neither the background, the mechanics or the ressources for it. It is completely fine for you to miss these things because they don't fit what you wish for, and I understand that. That just doesn't make you right when you state fallacies like Warframe being a good platform to develop PvP.

pointed out and explained more than once why PvP doesn't fit Warframe.

In YOUR opinion, which some others share.

MY opinion is that the core could be worked to fit pvp perfeclty, which some others share.

Neither is right or wrong.

Except that they said just that.

1. The point of this thread was not to discuss whether pvp will happen, but to try to make people understand it's okay to discuss the potential for pvp if that's what they'd like to discuss. We can dream, can't we?

2. Show me the post where a dev has written "there will never be pvp in warframe". Unless you can then your argument doesn't hold anyway.

Please, you really don't want to tell me that F2P shooters aren't overrun by kids who cannot afford games and insult your mother before their voices dropped? And that PvP, in it's very nature, fosters elitist behaviour and star-allures?

I'm was a moderator on guildwarsguru for five years. I'm a current moderator on guildwars2guru. I was admin for the n+ community, and I've been a leader/officer/member of some quite large guilds and clans in games ranging from Guild Wars to Halo PC, from Xcom to Team Fortress 2, from Me3 co-op to various RTS titles...

In all my time spent playing those games and being active in all facets of the commities for them, I've seen equal measures of the people you describe. In fact, the kind of bickering seen in the pvp shooters was more disposable and off-the cuff response to frustration, while the real nasty stuff came out in the more drawn out "intelligent" games.There is no game immune to it, and, unfortunatley, they seem to be present in warframe as my previous post explains.

Yes, direct competitiveness brings it out of people, but so it seems does indirect competition, jealousyof "leet" gear, and so on... it's no reason to single out pvp as a primary cause.

Saying theat, there are plenty of pvp games that don't fall foul to this problem. It's mostly the generic big titles such as COD, BF3, etc.. I've played plenty of pvp games that have been more friendly in general than some of the co-op or mmos I've experienced.

But Warframe has neither the background

Previous experience is not required to develop of new ideas

the mechanics

The core mechanics of the game are shared with many pvp games.

or the ressources for it.

In the future, this might be untrue.

Edited by Zakalwe

suddenly everyone is mad because of Ced23Ric.

I don't care what kind of crowd PvP attracts. I'll just stomp on them like I do in League, MWO or APB.

I don't think anyone else would really care who PvP attracts, because if this "wrong crowd" starts violating the ToS/CoC then I doubt that DE would take that kind of S#&$. Or anyone else, for that matter.

if you are actually that deathly afraid of teenagers playing the same video games you play, then you probably shouldn't play video games on the internet.

suddenly everyone is mad because of Ced23Ric.

I don't care what kind of crowd PvP attracts. I'll just stomp on them like I do in League, MWO or APB.

I don't think anyone else would really care who PvP attracts, because if this "wrong crowd" starts violating the ToS/CoC then I doubt that DE would take that kind of S#&$. Or anyone else, for that matter.

if you are actually that deathly afraid of teenagers playing the same video games you play, then you probably shouldn't play video games on the internet.

^This. People behaving like a******s on the internet should never be a reason for a potential improvement to a game to be made.

Edited by Aggh

I think you all missed the point he brought up about it having 'no background' in this game. By which he is referring to the fact that Tenno exist in limited numbers and have zero purpose in attacking one another. Creating a reason is all fine and dandy, but do so prior to imagining PvP itself as a concept.

I just wish all the PvP talk could be confined to a single thread as a sticky in one of the forums so we aren't inundated with posts about "seeing no future in this game" or other BS without it. I wholeheartedly welcome new 'game types' but very few threads have actually offered up entirely new ideas beyond wanting standard PvP.

I think you all missed the point he brought up about it having 'no background' in this game. By which he is referring to the fact that Tenno exist in limited numbers and have zero purpose in attacking one another. Creating a reason is all fine and dandy, but do so prior to imagining PvP itself as a concept.

And the reason is: training program for tenno. Very simple, and completely plausible.

I just wish all the PvP talk could be confined to a single thread as a sticky in one of the forums so we aren't inundated with posts about "seeing no future in this game" or other BS without it. I wholeheartedly welcome new 'game types' but very few threads have actually offered up entirely new ideas beyond wanting standard PvP.

It's relegated to off-topic, which is fair. Of course new users will make threads about it every now and then, but just ignore them and they'll sink pretty quickly.

Well, for PVP, many people may disagree but i think this kind of we should start with customized Warframe with no powers, and the weapons can be looted on the maps at strategical point.

Most of MMO with PVP takes in account the lvl and equipements that players farms or bought, and its always end up in the same way the more you invest the better the odds to pwn your opponent, but during the game there is no challenge.

So here the suggestions:

-Warframe (no mods - 100 shield - 100 life - ? armor)

-You starts with your melee weapon, but with no mods

-Weapons at strategical position which drops upon death (but keep the same amount of ammo)

-Most powerfull weapons will be helds by AI mobs (you can use them as bait, or lure them on the enemy team, or just kill them to get the weapons)

-No ammo drops on the map (to avoid someone camping with an HEK)

-Buffs drops from dead enemy (which acts like time-limited weapon-modifier, but buff disapear on dead since its linked with the player)

-No ascensors

-One or more console will be activated at a point during the game. If someone can hack it, he will receive a shield or life augmentation...well if he doesn't get killed in the process.

-For the attribute i don't have ideas for their limitations.... just imagine 4 volt rushing with overload on the enemy team, there is no fun in it... But for the first time ash's teleport and smokes bombs will be usefull!

That's all, btw i didn't explain a type of game (CTF, DM, TDM) just some rules to be able to have a fun challenging moment.

The way I see it, the only way any form of PvP would be implimented into Warframe is if the game totally flops, as a result of lost community interest. We have to face it, PvP was born for a reason. End-game content or not, people love to poke a little fun at others with competitive skill challenges, such being PvP play. As of now, I believe DE is set out to truly work hard on driving people's PvP desires away with this indefinite stance on PvE, but I don't think it'll succeed all too well. The gameplay mechanics would make for great fun in an arena-based versus match. And while PvE is enjoyable for the most part, repetitive missions do die hard. I would see PvP in Warframe being similar to the way it is in Gunz: the Duel. Not as ninja-esque, but let's digress. Simple statement of opinion, if I am entitled to my own, Warframe screams PvP action.

Furthermore, the PvE gameplay gets as stale as Global Agenda did; yet the difference between these two games, and what's basically keeping Global Agenda alive, is the fact that it has an extensive PvP mode. This is exactly how I expect Warframe to end up at this rate.

Edited by Ryden

I don't like PVP and I don't want to play it. I like Warframe for the niche that it inhabits, and would be sad to see resources diverted into making Just Another Multiplayer Shooter. If a PVP mode were considered, I'd suggest another coop mode instead. Instead of PVP maps, more coop maps.

Not an MMO. Also, this isn't Q3A. :/

I just used term "MMO" by laziness, and its true that i took some ideas from Q3, UT, and Gunz because they are great if you want to do a pvp game.

But for the PvE side, i hope they enhance the AI, because when you get high lvl, it becomes juste pure grinding and starts being boring.

PvP is a possibility which has a lot of potential if correctly implemented. The core concept of warframe is cooperative gameplay experience and the PvP should follow the same path while players wil have an enjoyable alternative from repetitiveness of PvE mode. When DE finish with polishing PvE content in the future then PvP will certainly add a longevity to the game.

First thing to consider is connectivity. The current P2P system is meant to be DE cost-cutting method PvP will need a stable network to give players a fair chance while fighting others. So, Dedicated server.

Lore-friendly way to implement PvP is to create a set of non-lethal ranged/melee weapons (no good sir, no Fragor) to be utilised in PvP mode which have a unique animation and attribute. Pit the Tenno in a mock combat to prove their mettle against other Tennos - no killing allowed. Power usage will be limited. I'm thinking of a customizable skill set similar to Assassin creed MP mode. Powers which distract/debuff instead of outright damaging players.

Multiple modes. While 4x4 match is easiest to make and play, it will get repetitive without somthing to 'spice' the game.

- Capture the artifact/flag : standard challenge like other games.

- Stylish kill challenge : More point gained when using acrobatic kill on extermination mission. Chaining subsequent acrobatic kills give more score and using regular move will break the chain. Kill stealing other players to reduce their point and increase yours. Best point win.

- Stealth challenge (depend on DE direction on stealth play) Try to sneak undetect through the ship. Players can use distrction ability to draw enemy toward other players to hamper their movement. Detection will be penalised with +time or -score. Player with best time/score win.

Multiple possibilities from my tiny mind. Shooting other players isn't the only way to PvP. It depend on each game's mechanic :D