Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Nerfing

(PSN)CaulusOuranos

How many of you would put 6 forma in a weapon if you thought it would be nerfed? The Amprex may or may not be nerfed, but this whole nerfing thing undermines player trust in Warframe. I don't think I'll be so quick to upgrade weapons anymore for fear that my sacrificed time will be disregarded so casually.

As far as the Synoid Gammacor, I didn't want a secondary that powerful, but a nerf was a bad decision, imo. It's a direct slap in the face of people who've spent 200p or more in trade for it.

Problem with nerfing is when people cry because their favorite toy got well deserved balance fix. You must be quite naive if you think that any item that is overpowered when compared to other items of same quality wont be nerfed.

Every 1337noscope lazy boy and girl out there used Synoid Gammacor, and not because they liked the weapon. You used Gamma because damage was insane without any side effect.

Edited by RoboDoge

Problem with nerfing is when people cry because their favorite toy got well deserved balance fix. You must be quite naive if you think that any item that is overpowered when compared to other items of same quality wont be nerfed.

All that needs to be said on the subject.

Nerfing is necessary in order to maintain balance. Just as buffs will happen to items that struggle to perform, nerfs will also happen to those that perform head-and-shoulders above the rest.

And here's the problem with having one weapon that's more powerful than any other weapon. It "undermines" all the weaker weapons that have 5 forma in them. I love how the whiners keep bringing up the 5 forma that they supposedly wasted but don't give a thought to all the the weapons that were rendered "useless" by power creep and OP weaponry.

Nerfing is necessary in order to maintain balance. Just as buffs will happen to items that struggle to perform, nerfs will also happen to those that perform head-and-shoulders above the rest.

I agree

Every 1337noscope lazy boy and girl out there used Synoid Gammacor, and not because they liked the weapon. You used Gamma because damage was insane without any side effect.

I 100% agree. Also If people want to pay Plat for weapons instead of weapon for weapon its there fault.

Im still using Synoid Gammacor as my 2nd weapon because it still does a ton of damage and has its syndicate proc. i have run out of ammo occasionally (because im not using ammo mutation) now but thats what a primary weapon is for or Melee weapon. people should learn to rely on more then just 1 weapon.

Edited by krsnik666

I agree with you that a nerf was dully needed, but. This seems very excessive. They nerfed ammo consumption and base damage to be worse that vanilla gammacor, that's too far. They should have nerfed it to just better than regular damage but kept the ammo economy, which was one major selling point for high wave missions with it. If they still wanted to nerf consumption make it as much as regular so that the syndicate version actually still has some advantage.

For clarity I would suggest that they damage nerf should have been to about 75 rather than 28 so that it can be 1.5x better than original and then either kept the ammo economy or made it the same as the original. This keeps the advantage of a syndicate version but drops the damage by nearly 2/3

Edited by (PS4)Matsypie

Exactly. You can't complain about nerfs and yet scream for buffs on underpowered weapons. You can't have one without the other, that's how balance works. After 2 decades of gaming, I'm still amazed that people don't understand this.

Agree. My only problem with this subject is that I'm now more likely to use a regular gammacor over synoid which given synoid was syndicate shouldn't be the case. The synoid still deserves an advantage but it doesn't need to be 210 damage.

Agree. My only problem with this subject is that I'm now more likely to use a regular gammacor over synoid which given synoid was syndicate shouldn't be the case. The synoid still deserves an advantage but it doesn't need to be 210 damage.

You will see both of them rarely now. How many people used Gammacor in the first place? Majority of the players just stick with the current meta setup, and when meta is nerfed, they switch to the next weapon in power rank.

Same with Boltor Prime and Dakra Prime. Probably my favorites among Despair, and not because of damage output. People are using them purely because of damage and dps, not even liking how weapon looks in the first place.

I used vaykor and outkilled those scrubs with their synoids every damn time.

Synoid wasn't OP. Only people who mindlessly chase DPS without applying it to real situations thought so. It's terrible that DE both listened to their shrill screeching and went overboard on it, turning a solid syndicate gun that takes tremendous effort or plat to acquire into inarguably the least usable syndicate weapon.

You will see both of them rarely now. How many people used Gammacor in the first place? Majority of the players just stick with the current meta setup, and when meta is nerfed, they switch to the next weapon in power rank.

Same with Boltor Prime and Dakra Prime. Probably my favorites among Despair, and not because of damage output. People are using them purely because of damage and dps, not even liking how weapon looks in the first place.

Unfortunately accurate. All high rank players (myself included) will try to dish out all the dps no matter what, which I do despise. The thing they could at least do is make weapons of each type with similar value so the option is there without losing possible efficiency. In addition regarding the synacor, it could at least be better than the vanilla version even if neither see much use. It doesn't have to be 210 damage but is should be more than vanilla version and it should have equal or better ammo economy, that was a major selling point to me, the ammo consumption was great for long missions.

Still it would not be so terrible to simply offer a forma refund on a weapon that was nerfed for perhaps a day or two.

Still it would not be so terrible to simply offer a forma refund on a weapon that was nerfed for perhaps a day or two.

It is not DE fault you used Forma on anything. I dont know how people are even thinking they deserve something back.